Forum Rules & How to Report Offensive Posts

Instructions for reporting offensive posts.

Moderator: Mitch Hawker

ushsho
Site Admin

Post by ushsho » Fri Oct 20, 2000 7:01 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. No swearing. Not even with wildcards to get around automated censors
2. No negative attacks or name calling
3. Post to the appropriate forum. (e.g. "for sale" to Buy/Sell/Trade forum).
4. Stay on the topic of the thread. Start a new thread if you want to discuss something not in the topic
5. Admin policy is to be discussed via e-mail only, not on the board. Also note that whether/why another user was banned is nobody else's business
6. We reserve the right to take action against any other behavior deemed detrimental or disruptive to the Board

TO REPORT A PROBLEM POST:
E-mail your concerns WITH A LINK to the offensive post to ushshockey@yahoo.com

Copy and paste the URL (web address) while viewing the offending topic to an e-mail, then copy and paste the author name and date and time of the offensive post to the e-mail

You may also want to cc: easthockey1@yahoo.com and gonyy27@yahoo.com as Lee and Karl have authority to moderate these boards as well and whichever of us reads the e-mail first will take care of the issue

It takes a community effort to steer discussion away from negative attacks, name-calling, etc. towards constructive topics.

I don't have time to read most of the forum so it is necessary for others to notify me of board abuse. I believe it is a worthwhile effort to keep this a positive forum for meaningful discussion.

Warning to Users: with 12000+ members registered to post on the board, I have found that the most effective way to manage misbehavior is to ban users without warning on their first offense.

Swearing, even when using wildcard characters to bypass the automatic censors, will not be tolerated on the board. Lee and I have discussed it and agree that such language has no place on the board. We reserve the right to ban anyone using offensive language of any kind on the first offense. If you need to swear, go someplace else and curse away.

Bans will far outnumber any possible warnings, as the number of warnings could be prohibitive if everyone were allowed a warning before being banned.
Last edited by ushsho on Fri May 12, 2006 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.