how far will redwing go?

ghoods

how far will redwing go?

Post by ghoods » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:46 pm

how far will redwing go? do they have a shot at winning state? <p></p><i></i>

mrdangles

Re: how far will redwing go?

Post by mrdangles » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:53 pm

they could go all the way if they make it IMO, the hardest part will be getting to state. theyre playing in a very strong 3A section and st. thomas has by far been the best team they played(beat breck & blake). rw has very solid defense, 2 experienced goalies, and some good scorers. if they play to there potential they could very well go quite a long way this season. <p></p><i></i>

frozen

Post by frozen » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:14 pm

i think redwing will go into playoffs with a seed anywhere from 1-9 and they will go until they lose. I know it's a shot in the dark but hey, anything can happen <p></p><i></i>

RGGspartan

Post by RGGspartan » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:21 pm

unless an upset happens by roch. lourdes, STA and RW will be in the section championship. I am definitley going ot this one. I think it will be STA, but I think anyhting can happen. whoever gets past the section could really do something this year. <p></p><i></i>

mrdangles

Post by mrdangles » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:22 pm

wow, great comment frozen. you're intellect really shows there. <p></p><i></i>

boblee

laugh

Post by boblee » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:45 pm

frozen, i have never laughed so hard at these boards, I absolutely admire your comment. <p></p><i></i>

elliott70

Re: laugh

Post by elliott70 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:49 pm

And he did it with a straight face, too!<br><br>And got someone to bite. <p></p><i></i>

frannyfresh

Post by frannyfresh » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:07 pm

let me think here Red wing punishing a bunch of sta chumps in the section champ sounds like fun to me <p></p><i></i>

Untouchable

Post by Untouchable » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:30 pm

I agree, STA and Red Wing will both be in the section finals, the only question is, can STA keep their composure in the big game. They have had trouble with teams like red wing and lourdes in the past. I got two words for all the STA players and fans, "Sausage Party!" <p></p><i></i>

fatman16

Post by fatman16 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:37 pm

i would have to agree with you "sausage party" and i would also have to say that Red Wing is going to be a really tuff team this year with the experienced goalies and the big defense men and they have a really good chance at going to state and they will have to play hard threw out the hole season to make it there and i believe they will make it.<br> <p></p><i></i>

puckjazz

Section 3A

Post by puckjazz » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:20 am

I agree it will be STA vs RW vs Lourdes for the bid, at this point I believe it is a toss-up. <br><br>At this point STA is a fast, disciplined team with better scoring, three good lines, and better goal keeping. They are not as strong as the other two teams defensively but that can change of course. They have the bsest player in the seciton in their 9th grader - Schroeder (sorry about spelling if its wrong).<br><br>RW has two strong, big lines of forwards, four very solid defensemen with good size and skating, average goal tending (look at save percentages around 85% or so). RW is definately the more physical team of the three.<br><br>Lourdes has very good team speed, good goal tending, but tend to play inconsistently. On any given night ...<br><br>The key will be goal tending, injuries (or other problems) and of course leadership on the ice. My vote right now would go to STA.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>