People who live in the Cities

cloquetfan16

People who live in the Cities

Post by cloquetfan16 »

What team do you folks consider powerhouse's of the north ? and what teams from the north do you like ?<br><br>I live up north but I have always kind of liked Hill-Murray and Edina<br><br><br><br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
BULLDOG 888

Re: People who live in the Cities

Post by BULLDOG 888 »

Roseau, Duluth East, Virginia, Moorhead, Hibbing, Warroad, Marshall...I personally really like The duluth schools-Denfeld, Marshall and East...But Warroad is very good, and so is moorhead... <p></p><i></i>
RinkRat10506

Post by RinkRat10506 »

Well, I'm not from the cities I live in Mora somewhat neutral. I actaully grew up in Cloquet lived their until I was ten. <br><br>I believe the powerhouses of the past and present are Duluth East, Moorhead, Roseau, Warroad, Eveleth, I. Falls, Cloquet, Grand Rapids, Greenway, and Hibbing. <br><br>In the past ten years the powerhouses in AA have been Duluth East, Moorhead, Roseau, and Greenway.<br> <br>In the past ten years in A they have been Warroad, Hibbing, and I. Falls early in those ten years. <p></p><i></i>
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

Moorhead, Warroad, and East <p></p><i></i>
cdhockeyfan

Post by cdhockeyfan »

being from the cities, I always thought that Duluth East, Warroad, and Roseau were the cream of the north's class. <br><br>I also always liked Edina (obvioulsy not a northern team), but thats because I've become good friends with a former Edina player Sam Cornelius, and that state tourney game between them and duluth east (?) sounded like an INCREDIBLE game.<br><br>I guess I respect Jefferson too because they have a great history.<br><br>I like the programs that have pretty storied histories. <p></p><i></i>
Kodiak

Greenway

Post by Kodiak »

I've always liked Greenway for some reason. I've never been there, and have never seen them play except for in the State Tournament, but I always pulled for them. It just seemed like they were always a throwback to another time... small, old farm town where the only thing to do besides milk cows is play hockey.<br><br>On that note, I'll admit that I have no idea whether or not Greenway is a farming town... seems like it is more likely a mining town. I really don't know, but I like it. <p></p><i></i>
elliott70

Re: Greenway

Post by elliott70 »

Greenway is not a town.<br><br>Greenway high school of Coleraine.<br><br>Coleraine was established more as a bedroom community for engineers and company management when the local mine was started.<br><br>Bovey is a real town. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... liott70</A> at: 12/13/05 3:29 pm<br></i>
Kodiak

Wow...

Post by Kodiak »

see? I don't know what I'm talking about! Greenway isn't even on mapquest! Thanks for the info elliott. So Greenway is the school (probably named after a guy), Coleraine is a community, and Bovey is the town? So do most of the kids at the school come from Bovey? <p></p><i></i>
packerboy

Up 169

Post by packerboy »

Coleraine and Bovey are both on Highway 169 very near Trout Lake. Bovey is just a little north. <br><br>I have been thru there and they are both nice towns. Coleraine is larger than Bovey. <p></p><i></i>
newSPUDfan

Re: Up 169

Post by newSPUDfan »

Growing up in the cities in the 90's it has to be Duluth East and Moorhead hands down. <br>Now that I live in Moorhead, I really respect the program. <p></p><i></i>
PuckRanger

Re: Up 169

Post by PuckRanger »

I believe Greenway HS was named after John C. Greenway. There's a nice little quick history lesson about him on the First National Bank of Coleraine website here: <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://colerainebank.com/About%20x2.htm ... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>The high school is located in Coleraine (pop. 1,110) and serves the towns of Bovey (pop. 662), Calumet (pop. 383), LaPrairie (pop. 605), Marble (pop. 695), Pengilly (est. pop. 1,000), and Taconite (pop. 315). The school district also includes the Cloverdale Christian School in Marble.<br> <p></p><i></i>
cloquetfan16

Edina

Post by cloquetfan16 »

I was born in Edina but never lived there. I grew up in Cloquet wich is my favorite team. I usually pull for Edina naturally. Kind of like Minnetonka also "Skippers" cool name.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>