St. Paul Civic Center

cloquetfan16

St. Paul Civic Center

Post by cloquetfan16 »

Anyone Miss It ? <p></p><i></i>
PuckU126

Re: St. Paul Civic Center

Post by PuckU126 »

only the see-through boards, but now that we have the X, i dont miss it that much <p></p><i></i>
BULLDOG 888

Post by BULLDOG 888 »

I miss the old civic center, was a fun place to watch hockey, and everybody had to love the See Thru Boards!!! But any way so many great memories were lost when they tore it down, We will just have to make better memories at the X... <p></p><i></i>
RinkRat10506

Post by RinkRat10506 »

I miss it mostly just the memories though. Was not a spectacle arena or anything. I seen Cloquet play in the civic center when they played moorhead, jefferson, and then Blaine in the third place game. Then I got to see my brothers team play against Litchfield in 96 I believe. Then the next year I got to see my school Mora play again against Proctor in the first game. I think Dom Talarico had like five assists that game against us. <p></p><i></i>
Grovetown Scotty

Post by Grovetown Scotty »

A lot of good memories in the Civic Center. But for hockey it was a dump compared to Met Center. Bad sight lines <br>especially down low. It was a sad day when they imploded the Met. <p></p><i></i>
Kodiak

Clear Boards

Post by Kodiak »

The clear boards and cool looking ceiling were definitely the best features in the Civic Center. Sight lines were bad down low, but with the clear boards it wasn't so bad. After the Moose came in and put in different boards the class of this arena was gone, and it was exposed for what it was... a dump with plenty of orange seats. I still can't believe they did away with the clear boards, but I also can't believe that they have yet to bring back cooperalls! <p></p><i></i>
packerboy

Re: Clear Boards

Post by packerboy »

It was a nice building...for any thing other than a hockey game. <p></p><i></i>
cloquetfan16

clear board's

Post by cloquetfan16 »

I also miss the clear board's but with all the ad's on the board's know days prob could not do it. I was just thinking about the cooperall's last night I dont think they will make a come back specially when you have the slitted breezer's know easier to skate in. <p></p><i></i>
MajinHockey

Re: clear board's

Post by MajinHockey »

Say, all one would have to do would be to buy out the sponsorship at the X for that week and put the clear boards back up. They're probably in storage someplace. Figure it should only cost about...say...$250000. That should be our next money drive!<br><br>Majin <p></p><i></i>
Potatohead9

Re: clear board's

Post by Potatohead9 »

NICE!!!! <p><!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="font-family:courier;">Thats Mr. Potatohead to You!</span><!--EZCODE FONT END--></p><i></i>