Is Shakopee for Real?

Born2Play

Shakopee

Post by Born2Play » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:45 pm

I agree with both sides here, I give Shakopee lots of credit, if you start out 8-0-1 no matter who or where you play u deserve some credit because you have showed up every game to play, and that is tough for some teams. I also know what people are talking about saying that Shakopee has played only weak teams. The only "good" teams Shakopee has played so far is Lourdes, Orono, and maybe Mound. Lourdes did dominate them in the third period, and if the game was 5 min longer, they probably would of won. But congrats to the good start, and good luck with the rest of the season!! <p></p><i></i>

birdmister

Re: Shakopee

Post by birdmister » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:27 pm

Shako who? <p>Moorhead sets a new state tournament record!</p><i></i>

hocplaya22

Shakopee

Post by hocplaya22 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:57 pm

For one I am not Jason Rein, but I am a shakopee Alumni. Thats fine it is always shakopee does not play anyone. thats fine if you people want to think that. Holy Angels is in shakopee's conference so the the defending champion doesn't play anyone. All of you are nuts. Shakopee is good and I know that huth rein or simon could make holy angels team for sure. Holy angels, Benilde, and Breck all tried to get Rein but he has hometown pride and doesn't need to go to one of those schools to show that he is a stud. he has proven that he is a goal scorer with 5 hat tricks this season. I do not care who you play, but 5 hat tricks is very impressive this early in the season. If Orono wouldn't have cheap shoted Rein shakopee would have won that game. I guess its true all of you on here can't except that shakopee has built a better hockey program than the one you are part of. Shako Rules!!!!! <p></p><i></i>

mathrunner

Re: Shakopee

Post by mathrunner » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:40 pm

Okay, so they have a good player, sweet man. Holy Angels has like four lines of them. He's a good player with a decent team to support him, and he's able to win games against not good teams. None of us are arguing against the nice record or that Rein is a good player, just saying that they're not the team that's going to go anywhere. Probably sucks for Rein, but he'll still be a good player and probably go places. So, yeah, decent team, good start, not going to make it. Sorry. The basketball team won state last year, and they'll make it to state two years in a row, that's not bad. <p></p><i></i>

danglin09

Clear things up

Post by danglin09 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:25 pm

hockyplaya22 isnt jason rein i know his name on here and its not him.... <br> <p></p><i></i>

siv101

Re: Clear things up

Post by siv101 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:03 pm

Overrated <p></p><i></i>

Asolo01

Shako

Post by Asolo01 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:25 pm

all i have to say is believe <p></p><i></i>

hockeydad

Re: Shako

Post by hockeydad » Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:52 pm

Being the parent of a former New Prague player, I certainly dont' have a lot of love for the Sabers, but you have to respect what they did last year and so far this year.<br><br>A little more than a week ago, the Shakopee posters were bragging about being 4 or 5-0, and the cynics were saying "so what, they haven't played anyone."<br><br>Since then, they tied Orono and beat Lourdes without their top scorer in the lineup, and the cynics still persist. <br><br>Is Shakopee going to go unbeaten this year? Hell no, they've got to play Holy Angels twice, Red Wing twice and Farmington twice. Prior Lake and New Prague will give them a challenge as well, since they are good rivalry games. <br><br>People are saying Shakopee won't get to state, but who in the section is going to beat them? So far, it looks like Faribault and Orono are the top challengers to Shakopee's crown. It's not going to be a cakewalk for Shakopee, for sure, but They've got to be the favorite in the section, especially considering they've started out 8-0-1. <br><br>Good luck in your next two games, Shakopee. It would be nice to see you come down to our place unbeaten on Jan. 7. Of course, we're hoping you won't leave town that way. <br><br> <p></p><i></i>

Asolo01

Shako

Post by Asolo01 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:37 am

Hey hockedad, wheres your son at these days? And thanks for the support of my old high school. I believe that these boys can take anyone on, even the overrated holy angels <p></p><i></i>

Zamman

Post by Zamman » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:38 am

You must be from Chaska, and we already see you are a newbie, with the over-rated bit.... I give a lot of credit to Shakopee, but when it comes down to STARS calling them over-rated is a little out there. The STARS as well as myself look only at the game that is next, but when the time comes the STARS will be ready for Shakopee and play their best.<br>Again I think it is great that Shakopee is doing so well, because when a team from the Missota conference does good the rest of the teams in the conference look good. It is nice to see more than one team from the Missota in the top 15 of their class, sorry top ten. Good luck to them. <p>________________________________<br>Academy of Holy Angels<br>2005 GIRLS STATE CHAMPS!<br>2002 & 2005 BOYS STATE CHAMPS!!<br>GO STARS!!</p><i></i>

JLS 81

Post by JLS 81 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:52 am

Stay on topic there Z'man. The thread is about Shakopee not your precious Stars. Both the girls and boys program at Shakopee are doing well. The most important thing to note is the kids really like the coaches.....and this far that has translated well on the ice. Best wishes to both sides of the program getting to Excel this March. <p></p><i></i>

hockeydad

Post by hockeydad » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:57 pm

Asolo1...<br><br>If this is who I think it is, former JV golfing opponent from Shakopee, He's at tech school in Illinois right now. He'll be in town for about a week during break. Knowing him, you might just see him over at Mystic once or twice early next week <p></p><i></i>

MNLIGHT39

Post by MNLIGHT39 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:22 pm

not if they tied orono.. <p></p><i></i>

BauerHockey08

Post by BauerHockey08 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:59 pm

Hey jeanbeliveau4,<br><br>I would be willing to put money on it that Rein gets at least 4 points in those 4 games. Would you like to put a friendly little wager on it?<br> <p></p><i></i>

Zamman

Post by Zamman » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:00 pm

JLS i was on the topic. Someone else mentioned AHA as overrated. I am giving props to Shakopee..... <p>________________________________<br>Academy of Holy Angels<br>2005 GIRLS STATE CHAMPS!<br>2002 & 2005 BOYS STATE CHAMPS!!<br>GO STARS!!</p><i></i>

gotHOCKEYxx

Post by gotHOCKEYxx » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:31 pm

I heard..<br><br>Shakopee 5<br>Farmington 2<br>So that means the Sabers are now 9-0-1.<br><br>I'm pretty sure that's the correct score..can anyone confirm that..?<br><br><br>(Shakopee girls also beat Farmington 5-3, and Kallie Flor didn't score a goal, impressive.) <p></p><i></i>

One Smooth Operator

Post by One Smooth Operator » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:33 pm

Can't wait until they play Red Wing and I hope Rein in back for that. This will be a good game but I think RW has more depth and better goaltending. <p></p><i></i>

hocplaya22

Game

Post by hocplaya22 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:37 pm

Shakopee did beat Farmington 5-2. Calvin Simon had two goals, Bloom had a nice shorthander and Weinzeral had the other two. Shakopee outshot farmington 42-18. the dominated the whole game. I can't wait until Rein gets back. This team will score against anyone in the missota. Huth you are a stud keep up the good attitude. <p></p><i></i>

HOT SHOT

Re: Game / HOCPLAYA22

Post by HOT SHOT » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:25 pm

Lets see how many goals you score when you play holy angels ? shakopee didnt dominate the second period. the score was 3-2 after the 2nd period. <p></p><i></i>

BenchWarmer

HOT SHOT

Post by BenchWarmer » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:46 pm

Those might be the worst two comebacks I've ever heard. We know you're from Farmington, you got beat 5-2, you're first comeback is "Shakopee didn't dominate the 2nd period." Well congratulations HOT SHOT, you hung with them for a period. The other comment "Let's see how many goals you score against Holy Angels." That's pathetic, they are the number one team in AA. Grow up and deal with the loss, quit making stupid comments. Congratulations to Shakopee for going unbeaten in 10 games, (9-0-1) Keep it up! <p></p><i></i>

HOT SHOT

Re: BENCH WARMER

Post by HOT SHOT » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:57 pm

HOCPLAYA22 said that this team will score against anyone in the missota. he didnt say they could beat everyone in missota. yes shakopee was the better team tonight. the way farmington played you should of beat them 10 to 2. <p></p><i></i>

Asolo01

Shako

Post by Asolo01 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:14 am

Hockedad-- <br>Yeah its me and i am kinda counting on seeing him at mystic haha. <br><br>As for the rest of you, As a shako fan i can personally say that no one in the missota should talk... everyone has to deal with holy angels, and last time i checked shakopee who had a bad team last year managed to hold them to the least goals allowed in the missota. <p></p><i></i>

lakerstar03

Dominated the 2nd period

Post by lakerstar03 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:32 am

If you can say you dominated the second period with only 5 shots on goal then you are crazy. They did play hard in the second but when the shots were 16-5 after one period then i think Shakopee dominated that period. So shut up Go SABERS <p></p><i></i>

HOT SHOT

Re: Dominated the 2nd period / LAKERSTAR03

Post by HOT SHOT » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:21 pm

First of all iam not a player on that team. Iam a fan and I dont even live in farmington. shakopee had us down 3-0 going into the 2nd period. we came back in the 2nd period and it was 3-2 end of the 2nd. you were the better team that night. score , shots . all that means nothing to me. all that matters is you win / lose or tie the game. so what your saying only 5 shots on goal in the 2nd period and we scored 2 goals. your kind of telling on yourself . <p></p><i></i>

puckjazz

Sabre's vitory

Post by puckjazz » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:39 pm

Nice win for the guys. Clearly Shakopee has proven that they are a real contender in the Missota, obviously AHA is the 3000lb gorilla in the conference, but other than them they definately have a chance against Northfield, RW, etc.<br><br>I think they may suprise AHA, although not necessarily win. Deinately should be top ten now tho. <p></p><i></i>