Weight Lifting

joshdog

Weight Lifting

Post by joshdog »

I'm wondering what sort of weight lifting program's that different team's have going. Is it organized as a team, done individually, is it mandatory, and so on and so forth. Do the bantam's take part? Is it done at the school or at the rink? <p></p><i></i>
HOT SHOT

Re: Weight Lifting

Post by HOT SHOT »

I dont think the high school coaches can make it mandatory. I wish they could because it would sure help kids with there strenght. I know that at the high schools they offer it in gym class. I dont know if the 6th - 7th - 8th grades offer it also. Some of the metro schools are having weight lifting as a sport. I wish some of these kids would see how important it is to have big shoulders in hockey. Look at the jrs work out schedules, dryland, ice practice, then hit the weights. <p></p><i></i>
wild77

Post by wild77 »

CEC has a nice situation. Coach Esse has a weight lifting room at the rink which is used by the boys and girls team. Esko, the E in CEC, has a new modern exercise facility in their school. And if that's not enough, a number of the kids, boys and girls, go to Justin May's camp that runs for about 10 weeks in the summer. He is the strength and conditioning coach at UMD. <p></p><i></i>
KnightTime36

Post by KnightTime36 »

The Moorhead players lift at the youth arena under the direction of Dom Noonan. No mandate is neccesary. Those kids know what they have to do to be the best they can be. <p>What it is... Its Knight Time Baby!!!</p><i></i>