Fargo Force

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

shoot2score

Fargo Force

Post by shoot2score »

Does anybody know what division the Force will be playing in next year?
UpNorthStars

Post by UpNorthStars »

They are a USHL team, if that was what you were looking for.
shoot2score

Post by shoot2score »

i know that i was wondering if they were going to play in the eastern or western division in the USHL.
Blue&Gold

Post by Blue&Gold »

They'll play in the west. The league is working to make sure that travel is realistic. There are supposed to be things in the works to add a team in the east, maybe not as early as next season, but as soon as possible. I don't remember if they're hoping for a 16 or 18 team league, which might take them to 3 divisions? Memory is a little fuzzy on that rumor. 16 teams would stay at 2 divisions...
shoot2score

Post by shoot2score »

Would that not water down the talent. They should keep it a 12 team league but whatever makes the money i guess.
Blue&Gold

Post by Blue&Gold »

shoot2score wrote:Would that not water down the talent. They should keep it a 12 team league but whatever makes the money i guess.
I don't disagree at all, but they didn't ask my opinion. (why is that?) I've just been talking to some folks and beer reading some information, so my sources are pretty good even though my memory isn't. I wouldn't be suprised to see them to 16 teams for the 2009/10 season as there are some discussions taking place right now. It will definately dilute the NAHL talent pool.
aflac

Post by aflac »

Will LaCrosse be getting a team or Rochester?
Blue&Gold

Post by Blue&Gold »

aflac wrote:Will LaCrosse be getting a team or Rochester?
From things I've read, Wausau, WI is probably on the hot list. LaCrosse has been hot and cold. I don't know that Rochester is getting much attention as there is another location more south and east talking pretty seriously. And now even strong rumors of Grand Island getting hot again, but I can't see that with how close they would be to Kearney, Lincoln and Omaha. There are only so many Nebraskans that will go to hockey games..

The money that has to be spent to get a USHL team is pretty high. And remember, the team has to raise money from gates and sponsers as the players do not pay to play, or even living expenses in the Tier 1 program. From what I understand, if a team isn't bringing in 2000 paying fans (or more) they probably won't make it. (Ohio and Chicago don't make that number, and it's probably just a matter of time before they move on... unless the owners just like spending money..) OH, and I've also heard rumors of another IL team...

Did I help to make it more confusing? There are a ton of rumors floating around, and there have been "sure things" that never happened, so your imagination can fuel your evenings.