Looking to play Juniors ?

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MR MR Hockey

Looking to play Juniors ?

Post by MR MR Hockey » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:59 pm

All players looking to play Juniors should check out this website for a tremndous opportunity.

www.MRMRShowcase.webs.com

If you are looking for more EXPOSURE then you got to check the website out and email MR MR Hockey at mrmrhockey@yahoo.com

A solid 71% of the players that participated last year wound up on Junior or College rosters this past season !

Thanks
MR MR Hockey

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:40 pm

The name is a little cheesy cheesy - :lol:

Youngblood10

Post by Youngblood10 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:37 pm

From browsing their website this showcase looks sketchy at best. I got another suggestion if you want to play juniors or D1, be very good during your high school season! Pretty simple. Save yourself or your parents the 260 bucks.

MR MR Hockey

Youngblood

Post by MR MR Hockey » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:59 am

There is nothing "sketchy" about the Showcase. Call and speak directly to Mike if you have any concerns...his contact information is on the website. The charge of $260 is way less then many showcases out there if you do your homework.

While I agree that if you play well enough to get noticed during your season thats great - however there are way too many games around for the scouts to see everyone. A showcase such as this one, brings the scouts to the players.

If you're a player that didn't get noticed for whatever reason- here is another chance !

Thanks
MR MR Hockey

MR MR Hockey

Showcase looking good ! !

Post by MR MR Hockey » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:25 pm

Many good players have signed up ! Quite a few scouts already have comitted, with more to come as the Showcase approaches.

Thanks
MR MR Hockey

juniorhockey

Scouts

Post by juniorhockey » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:33 pm

What makes it good are the scouts that attend. If you list them instead of saying numerous scouts that would help your cause. Until then, everyone will assume you are just trying to make money on the deal.

Moose Jaw, SK

Post by Moose Jaw, SK » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:47 am

I wouldn't waste money on this, go to a real tryout for a team that is interested in you.
For the Love of the Game.

PuckRanger

Re: Youngblood

Post by PuckRanger » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:38 am

MR MR Hockey wrote:While I agree that if you play well enough to get noticed during your season thats great - however there are way too many games around for the scouts to see everyone.
I disagree with this 100% as far as Minnesotans are concerned - and this is a Minnesota hockey forum. Scouts will see anyone with any kind of potential during the high school hockey season in this era. With the availability of stats, media coverage, the elite league, and message boards such as this, any player with any kind of talent will get a look in Minnesota.

Wisconsin and other states -- maybe another story. Minnesota players: Don't waste your time and money! Most talented MN players can attend a tryout directly and make some of the teams that this event is intended to scout.

According to the site, there are no true Division I scouts invited (only club level teams) -- and the list does not indicate any actual accepted invitations from any teams.

The list of "Invited" teams invited to scout:
All USHL Teams
All NAHL Teams
All CSHL Teams
All MJHL Teams
Other Junior Teams
Wisconsin-Stevens Point
Lake Forest College
St. Norbert College
Wisconsin-Stout
Wisconsin-River Falls
University of St. Thomas, MN
St. Mary's University, MN
St. John's University, MN
UW- Superior
UW-Eau Claire
Many D-1 Club Teams (ACHA)

MR MR Hockey

hope you make that team

Post by MR MR Hockey » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:24 am

Moose Jaw, SK wrote:I wouldn't waste money on this, go to a real tryout for a team that is interested in you.
Most of those tryout fees are in the $ 300 range. I guess you better make that team or then what ?

I guess if you have the money you can tryout for 2,3 4 teams or more. Kind of an expensive way to go.

As I stated earlier, if you were noticed during the year thats GREAT !
If not, here is another opportunity.

71% of the players that attended last years Showcase made Junior or College rosters this past season.
That is a fact believe it or not !

Common sense would have to tell you that the quality of play was high and there nust have been more than just a few scouts

Anyway, have a great day !

MR MR Hockey

MrBoDangles

Re: hope you make that team

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:52 am

MR MR Hockey wrote:
Moose Jaw, SK wrote:I wouldn't waste money on this, go to a real tryout for a team that is interested in you.
Most of those tryout fees are in the $ 300 range. I guess you better make that team or then what ?

I guess if you have the money you can tryout for 2,3 4 teams or more. Kind of an expensive way to go.

As I stated earlier, if you were noticed during the year thats GREAT !
If not, here is another opportunity.

71% of the players that attended last years Showcase made Junior or College rosters this past season.
That is a fact believe it or not !

Common sense would have to tell you that the quality of play was high and there nust have been more than just a few scouts

Anyway, have a great day !

MR MR Hockey
If you make a list of players that attended last year and the teams that they made, the response will probably go through the roof. If 71% is legit. Good luck! :D

MR MR Hockey

Proof

Post by MR MR Hockey » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:49 am

T. Benson - El Paso Rhinos WSHL
J. Lehr - Alexandria Blizzard NAHL
J. Strutz - St. Mary's D-3
J. Williams - Toledo Cherokee CSHL
RJ Rick - Quad City Flames CSHL
M. Rucinski - Peoria Mustangs CSHL
J. Shingler - Kenai River NAHL
J. Carpenter - Motor City CSHL
D. O'Donnell - No. Michigan U
P. Kovanda - Chicago Force CSHL
CJ Tangen - Grand Rapids Owls CSHL
Z. Wisniewski - Cleveland Jr Jacks CSHL
M. Berger - Cleveland Jr Jacks CSHL
V. Senese - Illinois State U
P. Karus - Iowa State U
S. Campagna - St. Paul Lakers MnJHL
G. Krueger - Queen City Steam CSHL
W. Hildebrandt - Illinois State U
J. Wild - Queen City Steam CSHL
L. Ostling - Bradley U
D. Kaufman - Peoria Mustangs CSHL
C. Tomassi - Chicago Force CSHL
M. Martin - Wisconsin Rampage WJHL
C. Wente - Quad City Flames CSHL
E. Szaranski - Chicago Junior Huskies
C. Williams - Mn Flying Aces MnJHL
C. Hurst - Mn Flying Aces MnJHL
K. Vesling - TC No. Lights MnJHL
T. Thorsen - Boston Jr Bruins
T. Kuykendahl - Mn Ice Hawks MnJHL
D. McCue - Chicago Force CSHL
T. Whitmore - Mn Owls MnJHL
C. Simons - Wisconsin Mustangs MnJHL
K. Popper - Qeen City Steam CSHL
J. Brod - Wisconsin Mustangs MnJHL
R. Sykora - Wisconsin Mustangs MnJHL
K. Kehoe - Wisconsin Mustangs MnJHL
J. Popa - Grand Rapids Owls CSHL
D. Steinhorst - C.Wisconsin WJHL
J. Wanat - Dubuque Thunderbirds CSHL
S. Borre - Mn Owls MnJHL
S. Sedaris - Illinois State U
A. Ventura - Lake Forest College D-3
M. Baker - Wisconsin Mustangs MnJHL
M. Sible - No. Illinois U
C. Bruski - Peoria Mustangs CSHL
G. Algrhim - St. Paul Lakers & Mn Ice Hawks MnJHL

Correction ! !
Actually 47 out of 64 players thats 73% ! !

MrBoDangles

Re: Proof

Post by MrBoDangles » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:20 pm

MR MR Hockey wrote:T. Benson - El Paso Rhinos WSHL
J. Lehr - Alexandria Blizzard NAHL
J. Strutz - St. Mary's D-3
J. Williams - Toledo Cherokee CSHL
RJ Rick - Quad City Flames CSHL
M. Rucinski - Peoria Mustangs CSHL
J. Shingler - Kenai River NAHL
J. Carpenter - Motor City CSHL
D. O'Donnell - No. Michigan U
P. Kovanda - Chicago Force CSHL
CJ Tangen - Grand Rapids Owls CSHL
Z. Wisniewski - Cleveland Jr Jacks CSHL
M. Berger - Cleveland Jr Jacks CSHL
V. Senese - Illinois State U
P. Karus - Iowa State U
S. Campagna - St. Paul Lakers MnJHL
G. Krueger - Queen City Steam CSHL
W. Hildebrandt - Illinois State U
J. Wild - Queen City Steam CSHL
L. Ostling - Bradley U
D. Kaufman - Peoria Mustangs CSHL
C. Tomassi - Chicago Force CSHL
M. Martin - Wisconsin Rampage WJHL
C. Wente - Quad City Flames CSHL
E. Szaranski - Chicago Junior Huskies
C. Williams - Mn Flying Aces MnJHL
C. Hurst - Mn Flying Aces MnJHL
K. Vesling - TC No. Lights MnJHL
T. Thorsen - Boston Jr Bruins
T. Kuykendahl - Mn Ice Hawks MnJHL
D. McCue - Chicago Force CSHL
T. Whitmore - Mn Owls MnJHL
C. Simons - Wisconsin Mustangs MnJHL
K. Popper - Qeen City Steam CSHL
J. Brod - Wisconsin Mustangs MnJHL
R. Sykora - Wisconsin Mustangs MnJHL
K. Kehoe - Wisconsin Mustangs MnJHL
J. Popa - Grand Rapids Owls CSHL
D. Steinhorst - C.Wisconsin WJHL
J. Wanat - Dubuque Thunderbirds CSHL
S. Borre - Mn Owls MnJHL
S. Sedaris - Illinois State U
A. Ventura - Lake Forest College D-3
M. Baker - Wisconsin Mustangs MnJHL
M. Sible - No. Illinois U
C. Bruski - Peoria Mustangs CSHL
G. Algrhim - St. Paul Lakers & Mn Ice Hawks MnJHL

Correction ! !
Actually 47 out of 64 players thats 73% ! !
:wink:

youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:20 pm

3-4 of the kids played on WSHL teams and that league folded like a kite in a Tornado! 17-20 of them played for MNJHL that is a pay to play league, which 90% of the kids playing on MN high school teams could make as sophmores. The Colleges listed are club teams that I guess if you were going to school there you could tryout and more then likely make but It seems most of the guys that play at the club level are going to that school for a reason other then hockey.

youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:22 pm

youngblood08 wrote:3-4 of the kids played on WJHL teams and that league folded like a kite in a Tornado! 17-20 of them played for MNJHL that is a pay to play league, which 90% of the kids playing on MN high school teams could make as sophmores. The Colleges listed are club teams that I guess if you were going to school there you could tryout and more then likely make but It seems most of the guys that play at the club level are going to that school for a reason other then hockey.

quickgym guy

Post by quickgym guy » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:21 am

youngblood08 wrote:3-4 of the kids played on WSHL teams and that league folded like a kite in a Tornado! 17-20 of them played for MNJHL that is a pay to play league, which 90% of the kids playing on MN high school teams could make as sophmores. The Colleges listed are club teams that I guess if you were going to school there you could tryout and more then likely make but It seems most of the guys that play at the club level are going to that school for a reason other then hockey.
Not a chance... I watched a MNJHL playoff game this year and was impressed with the speed of play. The two teams that played would beat any HS team in Minnesota. And with having two sons graduate from Cloquet, I've seen my share of quality HS teams...

youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:07 pm

quickgym guy wrote:
youngblood08 wrote:3-4 of the kids played on WSHL teams and that league folded like a kite in a Tornado! 17-20 of them played for MNJHL that is a pay to play league, which 90% of the kids playing on MN high school teams could make as sophmores. The Colleges listed are club teams that I guess if you were going to school there you could tryout and more then likely make but It seems most of the guys that play at the club level are going to that school for a reason other then hockey.
Not a chance... I watched a MNJHL playoff game this year and was impressed with the speed of play. The two teams that played would beat any HS team in Minnesota. And with having two sons graduate from Cloquet, I've seen my share of quality HS teams...
And you are talking about the best 2 teams in the league, did you catch ony of the other teams play at all? You would know what I mean. Seen as those 2 teams would beat the others by 10+ on any given night. The talent in the league is lopsided big time.

MR MR Hockey

MnJHL

Post by MR MR Hockey » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:45 pm

Actually I witnessed many games in this league this year. The top 5 clubs were very good. Then a drop off after that - especially near the end of the season after SR (Wildcats) traded his top line away.

The final four in the playoffs were by far the best and both series were very well played.

I think the league was better this year overall than years past. I think it continues to get stronger and stronger each year. Many players have moved up to higher levels after getting a shot in this league.

huville

Post by huville » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:42 pm

In the first round of playoffs, #7 Hudson was actually beating the #2 Ice Hawks 2-1 until 30 seconds left in the 2nd period. Rochester went on to win 4-2. Not quite by 10.

In the semi-finals both series were ended in OT in the 3rd and deciding game. Rochester barely beat the Owls. Granite City barely beat Spooner. The league is very close. I'll admit that the Wildcats are not good, but even the St. Paul Lakers were playing people very close at the end of the season.

In the National Tournament this past weekend, Rochester went 2-1 and Granite City made it to the semi-finals losing 4-2 to the eventual champion New Hampshire Monarchs which beat the New Jersey Hitman 3-2. The New Jersey Hitman have 8 players committed to Div I schools. How close would a high school team from Minnesota been in these games????

People who don't give this league credit either A) Have never watched a game. B) Have some sort of grudge because they can't believe the MNJHL has progressed to be better than high school teams. or C) Don't know anything about hockey.

Moose Jaw, SK

Post by Moose Jaw, SK » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:28 am

quickgym guy wrote:
That may be true but fact of the matter is the league has little to no credibility. If you are high school age and on varsity doing well it would be foolish to leave your team to go play in the MJHL simply because not many teams scout the league. Where as scouts all the way up to the NHL scout minnesota high school. It is very difficult for a player to come out of Tier 3 in the MJHL and move onto even D-3 or higher junior (NAHL, USHL) let alone D-1. So kids stay at your high school and put up the points.
For the Love of the Game.

huville

Post by huville » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:45 am

Moose Jaw apparently falls under A and C.

Marty McSorely

Whatever

Post by Marty McSorely » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:03 pm

Moose Jaw,

You are partly correct. There is great high school hockey on Minnesota but there is also very bad high school hockey. If you are on one of these bad teams no one will ever see you and you will never develope into a D3 player.

Is the MJHL the greatest avenue...maybe not but it's certaining better then then playing on the 0-23 Austin Packers. It is certainly cheaper then sending your kid to play AAA Midgets or spending cash at the various tryout camps once you graduate.

As for the scouts well in the 15 games I watched this year there were NAHL, USHL and D3 scouts at every game. No there wasn't a row but 2 or 3 which is a lot more then I'd ever see at More/Hinkely/Finalyson vs. Crosby Ironton.

I too was never impressed with the original MJHL but they have done a nice job improving their product, that's obvious by how well the two teams did at nationals.

southernmnscout

Re: Whatever

Post by southernmnscout » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:55 pm

Marty McSorely wrote:Moose Jaw,

You are partly correct. There is great high school hockey on Minnesota but there is also very bad high school hockey. If you are on one of these bad teams no one will ever see you and you will never develope into a D3 player.

Is the MJHL the greatest avenue...maybe not but it's certaining better then then playing on the 0-23 Austin Packers. It is certainly cheaper then sending your kid to play AAA Midgets or spending cash at the various tryout camps once you graduate.

As for the scouts well in the 15 games I watched this year there were NAHL, USHL and D3 scouts at every game. No there wasn't a row but 2 or 3 which is a lot more then I'd ever see at More/Hinkely/Finalyson vs. Crosby Ironton.

I too was never impressed with the original MJHL but they have done a nice job improving their product, that's obvious by how well the two teams did at nationals.
Marty, I agree that the MJHL is a lot better than it used to be. But even if someone has talent to play at the D3 level on an 0-23 Austin team the scouts will find you at one point or another during the year.

hockeyhair15

Post by hockeyhair15 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:59 am

i'd say the MJ is one of the better jr b leagues around, plus minnesota kids will be able to stay somewhat close to home, also players should note that the sijhl is a good jr a league for kids who might be just below playin in the NAHL, yet still want to play jr A, the league has a few teams in thunder bay as well as fort frances. as for this showcase, since no jr A scouts have been listed i dont think its work going to, the low roster sizes are great but unless there are multiple jr a scouts there its not really worth it. Most teams in the NA bring plenty of MJHL and NORPAC coaches to their tryouts, after going to one NA camp last year i got calls or e-mails from 6 different teams in the MJ and since most NA open camps are cheaper than this one i would advise players to chose a NA camp over this one.
enjoy this post while it lasts....

youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:11 am

hockeyhair15 wrote:i'd say the MJ is one of the better jr b leagues around, plus minnesota kids will be able to stay somewhat close to home, also players should note that the sijhl is a good jr a league for kids who might be just below playin in the NAHL, yet still want to play jr A, the league has a few teams in thunder bay as well as fort frances. as for this showcase, since no jr A scouts have been listed i dont think its work going to, the low roster sizes are great but unless there are multiple jr a scouts there its not really worth it. Most teams in the NA bring plenty of MJHL and NORPAC coaches to their tryouts, after going to one NA camp last year i got calls or e-mails from 6 different teams in the MJ and since most NA open camps are cheaper than this one i would advise players to chose a NA camp over this one.

MNJHL is a Tier 3 Jr A program, they used to be Jr B. NAHL is Tier 2 Jr A and USHL is a Tier 1 A

MR MR Hockey

Scout list growing about everyday

Post by MR MR Hockey » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:07 pm

Check out the website for the updated scout list.....we are picking up a new committment about everyday or so. More will committ as it draws closer.

Camp is filling in at a steady pace...about 80% full at this point !

Still might be one of the better options around at this stage of the spring.