fairbanks and wenatchee pre draft camp money maker?

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hockeypuck91

fairbanks and wenatchee pre draft camp money maker?

Post by hockeypuck91 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:35 pm

I was just wondering if it was worth going to because i got a letter from fairbanks for it. Does it seem like a moneymaker?

2pipesnin

Post by 2pipesnin » Wed May 06, 2009 11:12 am

First, both organizations/teams are very good and you would be lucky to play for either one of them. Secondly all Junior tryouts are money makers, that is one reason why they conduct them. The second reason they conduct them is to find a player they may have overlooked or did not notice during the season.

I assume you are coming out of high school and are interested in playing in the NAHL. If you have not been Tendered or Drafted (which happens this month) you will need to decide on a few NAHL teams and tryout for. If you go out there and just play safe hockey.....yes you will donated $250 to the team. If you believe you can play at the NAHL level and show the coaches something during the tryout you may be asked back to the Invite Camp and possibly make the team. Remember, just because you were tendered or drafted you do not automatically make the team. And it does not stop there! Every practice after that will be a tryout. By the time the team must lock their player roster in mid February there will be 20 to 30 players that will come and go on just about every team. Juniors is a business and players are a dime a dozen. Good luck and skate hard!

Blue&Gold

Post by Blue&Gold » Wed May 06, 2009 5:24 pm

2pipesnin wrote:First, both organizations/teams are very good and you would be lucky to play for either one of them. Secondly all Junior tryouts are money makers, that is one reason why they conduct them. The second reason they conduct them is to find a player they may have overlooked or did not notice during the season.

I assume you are coming out of high school and are interested in playing in the NAHL. If you have not been Tendered or Drafted (which happens this month) you will need to decide on a few NAHL teams and tryout for. If you go out there and just play safe hockey.....yes you will donated $250 to the team. If you believe you can play at the NAHL level and show the coaches something during the tryout you may be asked back to the Invite Camp and possibly make the team. Remember, just because you were tendered or drafted you do not automatically make the team. And it does not stop there! Every practice after that will be a tryout. By the time the team must lock their player roster in mid February there will be 20 to 30 players that will come and go on just about every team. Juniors is a business and players are a dime a dozen. Good luck and skate hard!
Well stated! This applies to the USHL and every other junior level out there.