USHL/NAHL vs. Major Midget AAA

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

sicknasty7722

USHL/NAHL vs. Major Midget AAA

Post by sicknasty7722 »

As USHL try outs are long over and NAHL try outs are coming down to the last two weekends, I noticed that almost all Midget AAA teams have already held their try outs and have their 09-10 rosters set. Does anyone know why they hold their camps before some USHL camps and definately before NAHL camps? Wouldn't it make more sense to hold them after the Junior A Tier I try outs so they can take any players left over?? As for the players that don't make a US or NA team, what do they do now if they want to play next year? Your thoughts...
Publik Skoolz
nickel slots

Post by nickel slots »

I'm not sure why MM programs hold their tryouts when they do. But I am sure they are all familiar with the NA coaches and their staffs (any MM program worth it's mettle is in cahoots with lots of NA teams for sure), and if there's a kid that wants to continue his playing career, MM is always a viable option. There are oodles of midget programs out there, and I would imagine anybody that really tries could find a place to play. I've seen a few situations where MM coaches "scout" NA camps looking for potential players.

Another option is MJ for those that are aged out of MM.
Don't sweat the small stuff.
It's all small stuff.