tHE jUNIOR hOCKEY mAGAZINE fORUMS bOYCOT!!!!

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Fluery

tHE jUNIOR hOCKEY mAGAZINE fORUMS bOYCOT!!!!

Post by Fluery » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:36 pm

That site is by far the most one sided forum I have ever read. There is this guy who calls hinmself "DAD". I assume is the mod. He likes to pick sides and kick people off if they do not agree with other posters. I truly understand if one is rude or offensive or uses foul language. But if you disagree with a friend, look out. The rules are one sided and his excuses though they sound intelligent, are truly pointless and ignorant. They actually closed the entire Minnesota page down because we retaliated against an erogant CSHL fan! So we now know the connection.
So if you are interested, lets start the convesation going here and please all, behave. :?

mnhockey1708

Post by mnhockey1708 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:24 pm

Never did get registered with that forum (after numerous attempts), but I have been watching what has transpired there recently and I have to say that mod who calls himself "Dad" handled that about as terribly as he could have. Oh well his loss...

'
Anyhow on to the mj...predictions for this weekends series:

Lumberjacks in 3 games

Owls in 2 games

anyone else have any thoughts???

clutterbuck22

Post by clutterbuck22 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:28 am

I guess they are never going to open it again according to "DAD". He said he shut it down because in the business world those people would've been let go a while ago. I pointed out to him that it isn't a business it's a place to talk about the game we love, but he continues to be arrogant. Whatever floats his boat I guess. A new forum will be coming up on esp1000.com later this week from what I'm told. On to the predictions.

Ice Hawks 2
Owls 3

HawksHky

Post by HawksHky » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:49 am

Hawks in 3
Crusaders in 3

i just came over from usacollagehockey.com. That site has turned into a joke!!

clutterbuck22

Post by clutterbuck22 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:53 am

For those that were in the usahockey site, I have created a forum to talk about mj and the college hockey at all levels. Here is the link.

No banning here.
http://www.punbb-hosting.com/forums/Mid ... /index.php

MJ

Post by MJ » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:03 pm

Dad and hb1 are about as big of a joke as you can get.
I'm going GC in 2
Hudson in 3

mnhockey1708

Post by mnhockey1708 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:42 pm

clutterbuck-please dont. We are already at a disadvantage with the other forum being closed. Cant we all just agree to use this forum. It has for a long time been the second most established MNJHL forum available, let's keep it that way and not create competitive forums (less people will post if it is done).

youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:38 am

Looks like The Granite City LumberJacks won the Playoffs, IceHawks take 2nd and a surprising Hudson Crusaders take the 3rd spot for a trip to Nationals. Looks like that mid season goalie pick up really helped Hudson.

Fluery

Hudson

Post by Fluery » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:26 am

It was great to see them pull it off. I am not so sure it was the mid season pick up of a goalie (which only happened because Lehr went to college). Not with .870/4.80ish stats.
I believe it was simply their (the team's) will to win. As a team they came together at the end of the season and gave anybody they played a battle. If you were looking past them, they were going to get you. Their offense was explosive and if you made a mistake chances are they were going to capitalize on it. Congrats to Hudson and good luck in Nationals!

youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:47 am

They lost Lehr and with what they had in place they wouldnt have done as well. The kid that finished the season for them gave them a better chance of winning vs the guy that was in place. He kept games close which gave the team the confidence it needed.

huville

Post by huville » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:24 am

Personally I think Lehr is a better goaltender than Pennella but with that said, Pennella did play great in the playoffs. If you look at the games he won, he had some great statistics: 2.33 GAA 93 save %.

As for the Crusaders I think credit goes to their staff. They got a team with only 6 veterans to buy into their system and the hard work paid off. I also remember some people wondering how their head coach got the job. Well it looks like he proved himself to them especially since this is technically his 1st year as a head coach (took over midseason last year).

And the funny thing is, if you look at the national tournament bracket, Hudson (3rd MNJHL seed) actually has the easiest bracket. They have St. Louis (NA3HL #1, who lost to the #8 seed in playoffs last weekend), Boise (WSHL #1, weakest league out of all the tier III leagues) and Seattle (Nor Pac #2, lost their last 2 games of the year by a combined score of 20-3). They get no AtJHL team and they miss out on Helena.

I'm hoping they can continue this cinderella run that they are on and maybe, just maybe, the MNJHL could get 3 teams in the semi's.

youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Lehr might be better, might not. I thought they both gave the team a good chance of winning. Crusaders also went through a run when the top players were out for a number of games when Pennella was in nets and had the practice players in front of him.

3 in the semis' would be sweet, Good Luck to all three teams.

markp

Post by markp » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:16 pm

huville wrote:Personally I think Lehr is a better goaltender than Pennella but with that said, Pennella did play great in the playoffs. If you look at the games he won, he had some great statistics: 2.33 GAA 93 save %.

As for the Crusaders I think credit goes to their staff. They got a team with only 6 veterans to buy into their system and the hard work paid off. I also remember some people wondering how their head coach got the job. Well it looks like he proved himself to them especially since this is technically his 1st year as a head coach (took over midseason last year).

And the funny thing is, if you look at the national tournament bracket, Hudson (3rd MNJHL seed) actually has the easiest bracket. They have St. Louis (NA3HL #1, who lost to the #8 seed in playoffs last weekend), Boise (WSHL #1, weakest league out of all the tier III leagues) and Seattle (Nor Pac #2, lost their last 2 games of the year by a combined score of 20-3). They get no AtJHL team and they miss out on Helena.

I'm hoping they can continue this cinderella run that they are on and maybe, just maybe, the MNJHL could get 3 teams in the semi's.
WSHL the weakest league in TIII. I think you should take a look who had 2 teams is the semifinals and their Best of the Rest teams went 5-1. As for the MJ talk about stinking up the joint. All of the college scouts who talked to my son there thought the WSHL has had the best overall talent of all leagues in attendance. I just wished the EJ would have showed up...