Hockey Rivalry's

atthepoint

Blake vs. Breck

Post by atthepoint » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:46 pm

dank06<br>"Blake vs. Breck is always a good one, even though it doesnt go back in history. Edina vs. pretty much any northern team, or E.P."<br><br>This rivalry predates some of these towns having high schools.<br><br>Next time you are at the Blake arena take a look at some of the old photos. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub33.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUser ... hepoint</A> at: 12/9/03 7:55 pm<br></i>

Lucky hockey13

Low Vs. Warroad

Post by Lucky hockey13 » Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:43 am

Up north we live for hockey and one of the best rivals there is, is Low vs. Warroad. They play two times a year and its just a blood bath. The arenas are packed and parking is impossible to find. If you think Roso and warroad is a rival wait til u go see this game. <p></p><i></i>

gordo13

rivals

Post by gordo13 » Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:58 am

talk about an up north battles what about ifalls fort frances this years game ended in a big brawl anybody remember the 70s were these two would play and there would be fighting all the time on the ice,in the stands and even in the parking lot <p></p><i></i>

timmyo

Falls-Fort Frances rivalry

Post by timmyo » Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:55 pm

You're right, Gordo - those 1970's Broncos v. Muskies games were some battles to be remembered. The games had some unique twists that really exacerbated the on-ice rivalry itself: national pride, with the U.S. v. Canada angle; age, with the Fort having "Grade 13" and the Falls graduating 18 year old kids; livelihoods for the adult town folk, with the competing paper mills in the two towns and differing US and Canadian environmental and other government standards; and, finally, the long-standing tradition of the game - it used to be played outdoors in the town squares. Both teams had some pretty nice players back then, and there was some awfully good hockey played. Larry Ross was coaching, of course, and he brought not only a touch of reverence and tradition to the game, but incentive as well - opposing teams counted beating Ross and the Broncos as a "quality win" no matter the circumstances. Towards the end of the '70's the administrations had to suspend the game, because so many fights would break out - not just on the ice, but in the stands, in the parking lots, in the mills on Monday, etc., etc. <p></p><i></i>

gordo13

muskies broncos

Post by gordo13 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:55 am

any one know who has the edge in the series overall this can also be the most hated rivalary the fort fans often stay away from bronco areana most of the kids from the fort go to the falls in groups not alone <p></p><i></i>