No more bench celebrations!

Hockeyisthebest21

Celebrations

Post by Hockeyisthebest21 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:00 am

I am all for them, brings a lot of emotion to the game. That Hill Murray thing must have been when Koalska was on the team, remember when he did it in the Excel vs. Maine. That one just pumps you up. <p></p><i></i>

MNPuckster27

coach

Post by MNPuckster27 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:55 am

Coach-<br><br>I caught your sarcasm, I was adding to it with a little comment of my own... I got a kick out of your post and everyone else's on here, seems like there is just one guy, the one who started this, that thinks bench celebrations are unnessecary. <p></p><i></i>

Stateyourname

Re: celebrating

Post by Stateyourname » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:53 am

Since this is an opinion board, here's mine. I am all in favor of getting excited when your team scores a goal. If you don't, take up chess or something else. I think the post-goal on ice "group hug" for an exciting goal is great, because most goals are truly a team effort, and for those that are simply scored by an individual's tremendous effort, he deserves the accolades.<br><br>However, I personally do not like the choreographed, scripted, pre-ordained dash to the bench for the glove tap, and then the skate to the goalie, especially for run of the mill goals. I liken it to end zone dances in football. I like spontaneous displays of individual or team emotion. The obviously planned, choreographed celebrations are lame, and in my opinion are done more to "put down" the other team than to "pick up" your team. I know, we are talking high school here, but the comparison is the same to me. <br> <br>I know it looks good from the stands, and it fires up the kids, apparently. I just think it is an unnecessary display and not in keeping with sportsmanship. I know, if you don't like it, don't let them score. Score your goals, hug, holler, cheer, smile, and enjoy the ecstasy of the moment, then go to your bench for the line change and further celebrate there, or get back to the face off circle and get ready to score another one. I'm not some non-athlete, fuddy duddy, closet homosexual, repressed non-goal scorer, or an abused child, I just don't like the "dash to bash" gloves at the bench for every goal, simple as that. <p></p><i></i>

tooold2tell

Thank you Stateyourname!

Post by tooold2tell » Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:12 pm

Man, I am getting beat up on this one. I just brought it up because I have seen some problems occuring at opposing team benches, and I felt it has become a form of taunting. Stateyourname put it much better than I did. Let's get on with the real conversation pieces like..............Warroad vs Kittson Central....who do you think will win?? <p></p><i></i>

The Fan

You got to be kidding me!!!

Post by The Fan » Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:17 pm

That is one of the dumbest things i have heard of. Why cant you go skate over to the bench and get a "high five." Its just celebrating a goal. Just like any other sports, your teammates want to congratulate you. Baseball, football, basketball, any sport is all the same. "act like you have scored before?" most players dont make a big deal about it, but in big games, there is excitement and adrenaline going. Plus its not like they are taking a victory lap or anything. Its a team sport! <p></p><i></i>

verb1999

Re: celebration

Post by verb1999 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:09 pm

Whoa...this guy just gets torn APART by every single person that read this. <p></p><i></i>

pokecheck

Re: celebration

Post by pokecheck » Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:50 pm

1 Puck $2<br>1 Composite stick $149<br>1 Pair of Skates $399<br>6 Years Traveling Hockey $12000<br><br><br>Scoring a Goal $PRICELESS<br><br>Let em have some fun! <p></p><i></i>