Wild

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

elliott70

Wild

Post by elliott70 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:22 pm

They made some trades and are winning some games...
just a mirage or are they improved?

Slap Shot

Re: Wild

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:30 pm

I think a bit of both.

I am bit more optimistic with what we've seen of late than a few years back when it looked like Nino, Zucker, etc. were the future. Fletcher is out, we're already seeing returns from Donato and there's been some actual tangible development of late with Kunin, Greenway and now Ek. Their remaining schedule isn't easy so it will be interesting to see how they finish the season - playoff entry or not.

Their biggest issues for me are:

1) Do they really have a bona fide #1 center?
2) They could use a few more right-handed guys (didn't we see 5 lefties on the PP the other night?)
3) Dubnyk/Stalock

Luckily they should have plenty of cap space and if they play their cards right I could see them improving next season (barring freak injuries and a bunch of regression from their D) making enough moves to push for a Top 5 playoff spot instead of barely getting in at #8.

BodyShots

Re: Wild

Post by BodyShots » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:12 am

Slap Shot wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:30 pm
1) Do they really have a bona fide #1 center?
The answer is easy..... NO.

Use your newly found cap space and get Braden Point this offseason to by your #1 center. Stahl becomes #2, Ek should be #3 and Koivu takes over for Fehr and is the #4 center that can kill penalties and take defensive zone face offs at the end of the game.

RuthGH

Re: Pro Hockey Forum

Post by RuthGH » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:06 am

Does anyone think the Wild can make playoffs 2019/20 season. We’re a month into the season. Not sure who’s going to score goals for them and who top D are? Looks scary.