First time @ Wild game Any Advice????

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Indians forever

First time @ Wild game Any Advice????

Post by Indians forever »

A First timer at a Wild game at the Excell believe it or not, any advice on anything would be much help!!! I am bringing my nephew to the game just would like to know the ins and outs?? Thanks much!!! :) :)
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Yeah, here's a piece of advice... give me the tickets so you won't have to worry about it! :wink:

Honestly, there are a few things you'll probably want to show him - most of it on the lower concourse. Before you go in the gate, look up and check out all of the high school hockey jerseys hanging on the suite level - they also have all of the WCHA jerseys hanging by the gate on Kellogg & 7th St. Behind the 120's sections, there is a puck wall and a few displays of some Minnsota hockey history, and you'll alos find a few display cases with jerseys and pictures throughout the arena.

As far as actually getting around St. Paul and into the arena, your best bet is to just get into town, and grab the first open ramp you can - it can be a little bit of a headache if you don't know where you're going (or so I'm told - it's not a problem for me, but I'm a St. Paul guy, so whatever). Personally, I usually try to park at the Lawson building on 5th & Wabasha. Not sure how young your nephew is, but if you're willing to park at Lawson, you'll pass by Landmark Plaza that has the bronze Peanuts statues, and you'll be able to walk through Rice Park and enter the areana by the Ordway where the Herb Brooks statue is... as a Johnson guy, I highly recommend it!
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

Relax and enjoy it. There is only one first time. :wink:
Indians forever

Post by Indians forever »

Thanks guys for the insight any info helps and that will put me onto a good start!!!! Thanks again I hope he enjoys it as much as I will!!!