Tampa Bay Lightning

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

sinbin006

Tampa Bay Lightning

Post by sinbin006 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:19 pm

The new owners of the Lightning said they would be aggressive, and they have been. They have agreed to terms with former Pittsburgh Penguin Ryan Malone and have also picked up Brian Rolston from the Minnesota Wild for a conditional draft pick in 2009 or 2010.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3466760

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:03 am

I was hoping the WILD would give him some attention. :(

Starting to feel like we the team of 18,000 which I’m sick of ImageImage are being used.
TEAM OF 18,000 campaign is getting old!Image

Watch the Wild will go get old players Image
at a discount that need help being convinced to play.

The WILD could be the cellar team in the Northwest next year?Image

WendyClark

Post by WendyClark » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:41 pm

Ryan Malone getting 4.5 mil a year :shock: but i guess 50-60 point a year guys are worth that in the "new NHL"

sinbin006

Post by sinbin006 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:11 pm

Word on the street is that Rolston couldn't strike a deal with the Lightning and has just signed with the New Jersey Devils for the same amount that the Wild offered him :roll: 4 years, $20 million

EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:28 pm

We didn't want him back anyway. He has become way too reliant on that slapper and it isn't going to get any better. I'd rather they give a young guy some time or spend that $ on someone with a little youth.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls

d man 16

Post by d man 16 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:08 pm

I think tampa is gonna be sick this year. With stakamos coming in after tearing up major juniors and their other skill players. I think they will put together a very good PP. also with the addition of a better goalie I think they will be a very good contender come playoffs

pondhockey11

Post by pondhockey11 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:07 am

Tampa Bay can't play defense. I mean maybe the great mullet can change that but I doubt it. I think second or third in their division is best they'll do which won't be good enough to make the playoffs. Washington is still my favorite for the southeast division as long as theodore plays well and Carolina is still a tough team to face. They may be getting closer to being better, but aren't playoff material yet.

Reggie

Post by Reggie » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:13 pm

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:We didn't want him back anyway. He has become way too reliant on that slapper and it isn't going to get any better. I'd rather they give a young guy some time or spend that $ on someone with a little youth.

The Wild did want him back, but he didn't want to play in Minnesota.

EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:36 pm

Reggie wrote:
EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:We didn't want him back anyway. He has become way too reliant on that slapper and it isn't going to get any better. I'd rather they give a young guy some time or spend that $ on someone with a little youth.

Come on Reg, do you really think I was talking from the standpoint of the Wild front office...? :roll:

And it wasn't so much about where he wanted to play, it was that he wanted to test the open market.

Reggie

Post by Reggie » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:35 am

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:
Reggie wrote:

Come on Reg, do you really think I was talking from the standpoint of the Wild front office...? :roll:

And it wasn't so much about where he wanted to play, it was that he wanted to test the open market.

HE DIDN"T WANT TO PLAY FOR THE WILD..... Why wouldn't you want Rolston back? Best player on the team last year!

EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:33 am

Reggie wrote:
Reggie wrote:

HE DIDN"T WANT TO PLAY FOR THE WILD..... Why wouldn't you want Rolston back? Best player on the team last year!
You can think what you want pal.

And are you kidding me? Did you not read my post? You must have a different definition of great hockey player. And a sad one at that.

Reggie

Post by Reggie » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:00 am

Reggie wrote:
Reggie wrote:

And are you kidding me? Did you not read my post? You must have a different definition of great hockey player. And a sad one at that.

I'm not your pal and I know for fact that he did NOT want to play for the Wild!

sinbin006

Post by sinbin006 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:52 pm

Reggie wrote:
Reggie wrote:
Reggie wrote:

So...you're Brian Rolston's pal??? :roll:

EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:00 pm

sinbin006 wrote:
Reggie wrote:
Reggie wrote:
Reggie wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Reggie

Post by Reggie » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:33 pm

sinbin006 wrote:
Reggie wrote:
Reggie wrote:
Reggie wrote:

Good one :roll:

EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:39 pm

Reggie wrote:
sinbin006 wrote:
Reggie wrote:
Reggie wrote:
Reggie wrote:

Good one :roll:
As are you, sir.

Reggie

Post by Reggie » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:56 pm

4 Minnesota boys on the roster going into camp. Bochenski, Smith, Smaby, and Lundin.

CINBHockeyParent

Post by CINBHockeyParent » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:13 pm

[quote="Reggie"]4 Minnesota boys on the roster going into camp. Bochenski, Smith, Smaby, and Lundin.[/quote]

True,
but where has Lundin been this year, injured? since Tochet arrived they have really mixed it up at the blue line, I see more of Smaby then Lundin these days, which last year was the other way around.