Nick Leddy

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

DubCHAGuy

Nick Leddy

Post by DubCHAGuy » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:28 pm

Nick Leddy is making his NHL debut tonight for Chicago. I believe that is the fastest a players has gone from HS Hockey to the NHL in recent memory. Congrats to Nick!

StillAnEagle

Post by StillAnEagle » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:21 am

Way to go Nick... way to represent EP.
Citizens for one class hockey

hockeyfan893

Post by hockeyfan893 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:49 am

Way to represent Minnesota.

starmvp

Post by starmvp » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:27 am

Fun watching Nick play in the NHL. Looking forward to watching him in the future!

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:07 pm

Congrats Nick...hope to see you representing MN in the NHL for quite some time.

Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:21 pm

Here's hoping he has a great game...............but Chicago loses to the Red Wings.

Hey, I'm from MI, what can I say?

mulefarm

Re: Nick Leddy

Post by mulefarm » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:26 pm

DubCHAGuy wrote:Nick Leddy is making his NHL debut tonight for Chicago. I believe that is the fastest a players has gone from HS Hockey to the NHL in recent memory. Congrats to Nick!
Great for Leddy!!!! How incredible was Housley to go directly from high school to the Buffalo Sabres?

Ole the Goalie

Post by Ole the Goalie » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:59 pm

He Scores!!!

BodyShots

Post by BodyShots » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:31 am

Ole the Goalie wrote:He Scores!!!
Incredible =D>

starmvp

Post by starmvp » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:10 pm

It was awesome to see Leddy score his first NHL goal. Doesn't matter how they go in the net as long as they go in...

HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:28 pm

I still remember those coast to coast goals in the state tournament two years ago.
EP two out of three.

Haute hockeymom

Sent down

Post by Haute hockeymom » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:40 pm

"The American Hockey League is a great place for him to play."

Joel Quenneville

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/hockey/b ... 19.article
Everytime I think I'm out, they pull me back in

mn man

Re: Sent down

Post by mn man » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:33 pm

Haute hockeymom wrote:"The American Hockey League is a great place for him to play."

Joel Quenneville

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/hockey/b ... 19.article
Nice selective reading. The entire quote is:
''It was a great experience for us and for him, as well. We want to make sure he gets a lot of ice time. We want to see him play in all situations. The American Hockey League is a great place to play for him."

Meaning "it is a great place for him" for now. They want him to play all of the time right now. The expectation is that he will be back up (more sooner than later). He presented himself very well for a young man not much more than a year out of High School hockey.

Haute hockeymom

Post by Haute hockeymom » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:08 pm

Where do you see him fitting into the lineup given Hjalmarsson, Keith, Scott, Hendry?
Last edited by Haute hockeymom on Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

northwoods oldtimer

Leddy

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:38 pm

A very wise choice by Nick Leddy to leave the Gophers and turn professional. There is no development going on at 'da U'. Until Dean Blais is hired kids, stay the hell away!!

mulefarm

Post by mulefarm » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:20 pm

Haute hockeymom wrote:Where do you see him fitting into the lineup given Halmarsson, Keith, Scott, Hendry?
The last time I checked all teams dress 6 D. You must not like Leddy? I think his accomplishments are fantastic and has a bright future. He is doing what many people wish they could do.

MNHockeyFan

Re: Leddy

Post by MNHockeyFan » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:46 pm

northwoods oldtimer wrote:A very wise choice by Nick Leddy to leave the Gophers and turn professional. There is no development going on at 'da U'.
Appears that he somehow developed enough in his one year as a Gopher to make the leap straight to the NHL. Do you think he was developed enough after finishing his senior year at Eden Prairie High School to make the Blackhawks' roster? :roll:

Haute hockeymom

Post by Haute hockeymom » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:49 am

mulefarm wrote:
Haute hockeymom wrote:Where do you see him fitting into the lineup given Hjalmarsson, Keith, Scott, Hendry?
The last time I checked all teams dress 6 D. You must not like Leddy? I think his accomplishments are fantastic and has a bright future. He is doing what many people wish they could do.
This is just the left side. last time I checked

mulefarm

Post by mulefarm » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:26 pm

Haute hockeymom wrote:
mulefarm wrote:
Haute hockeymom wrote:Where do you see him fitting into the lineup given Hjalmarsson, Keith, Scott, Hendry?
Sorry, I didn't know he couldn't play the right side?

Haute hockeymom

Post by Haute hockeymom » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:59 pm

mulefarm wrote:
Haute hockeymom wrote:
mulefarm wrote:
Sorry, I didn't know he couldn't play the right side?
Play on the right side? He was playing on the right side - that's why he got sent down.

HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:15 pm

MNHockeyFan wrote:
northwoods oldtimer wrote:A very wise choice by Nick Leddy to leave the Gophers and turn professional. There is no development going on at 'da U'.
Appears that he somehow developed enough in his one year as a Gopher to make the leap straight to the NHL. Do you think he was developed enough after finishing his senior year at Eden Prairie High School to make the Blackhawks' roster? :roll:
To be honest he probably wasn't that far off. He was the fastest skater at the combine and had the lowest body fat percentage. I think he could have gone to the AHL out of high school and not looked out of place. Obviously not the NHL but maybe going straight to the pros would have left him better prepared for this season. I realize that nobody does this and he would have been heavily criticized if he made this move, but realistically he probably could have gone to Houston out of hs and he might have been playing for the Wild right now.
EP two out of three.

FREDFLINTSTONE

Post by FREDFLINTSTONE » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:39 pm

HockeyMN1 wrote:
MNHockeyFan wrote:
To be honest he probably wasn't that far off. He was the fastest skater at the combine and had the lowest body fat percentage. I think he could have gone to the AHL out of high school and not looked out of place. Obviously not the NHL but maybe going straight to the pros would have left him better prepared for this season. I realize that nobody does this and he would have been heavily criticized if he made this move, but realistically he probably could have gone to Houston out of hs and he might have been playing for the Wild right now.
If Leddy was not traded to the Hawks, he he would be playing for the Aeros for atleast 2 years. Not a knock on Leddy......a knock at the Wild.

northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:27 pm

MNHockeyFan wrote:
Hey MnHockey take your goof colored glasses off for crying out loud. Are you hill, lucia or wehrs or just a boot licker? Leddy made the right move period and if you sign on with the goof regime YOU ARE FLAT OUT NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!

wingsrule

Post by wingsrule » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:06 am

Nick is a good kid with a great future as he continues to develop his game. Time will tell if he made the right decision but, in my opinion, playing in the AHL with a few games with Chicago will speed up his development vs. playing for the Gophers. I suggest that we lock up this post as it is a High School Hockey Forum and Leddy is definitley out of High School. Let's wish him all the best as he pursues his dreams.

HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:36 pm

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
MNHockeyFan wrote:
Hey MnHockey take your goof colored glasses off for crying out loud. Are you hill, lucia or wehrs or just a boot licker? Leddy made the right move period and if you sign on with the goof regime YOU ARE FLAT OUT NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!
I said he made the right move its just he probably could have played in Houston last year and not looked out of place. I never said he shouldn't have gone to the gophs and why would Lucia or Whers ever say he shouldn't have gone to college?
EP two out of three.