Jack Johnson

Cool Guy1

Jack Johnson

Post by Cool Guy1 »

Can anyone give me some info on Jack Johnson?<br><br>The US National Development team lists him from Fairbalt, MN. Did he play at Shattuck and where did he grow up and play his youth hockey?<br><br>I was just interested because I keep reading about him being a top pick in the NHL draft (if there is one this year).<br> <p></p><i></i>
Iceburg88

Re: Jack Johnson

Post by Iceburg88 »

He did play at Shattuck as early as bantams. Grew up in suburban Detroit. <p></p><i></i>
longlaker

Jack Johnson

Post by longlaker »

Right from Canada's TSN:<br><br>Played with the U.S. National Team Development Program's Under-17 and Under-18 teams, selected to summer evaluation roster for 2006 World Juniors...first made his mark playing with Shattuck St. Mary's in Minnesota...committed to play next season with the University of Michigan. (Photo: USA Hockey) <br>BOB MCKENZIE'S TAKE: A pal of Crosby's from their prep school days at Shattuck, the two used to talk about the possibility of going one-two in the draft and it could happen. Johnson is a tough, aggressive, hard hitting defenceman who also has offensive upside and a desire to be the guy with the puck. Scouts say he is sometimes too aggressive, but better that than not aggressive enough. He's a fiery competitor alright, just ask the opposing baseball player who was heckling Crosby during a prep school game -- Johnson charged the mound to go after the heckler. <br> <p></p><i></i>