Moorhead's goalie Beau Christian leaving

MNHockey11

Moorhead's goalie Beau Christian leaving

Post by MNHockey11 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:06 pm

I hear that Beau will not be playing for the spuds next season. He is supposively going to be playing for a team out in Illinois. How will this affect the Spuds' season next year? <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p074.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... ockey11</A> at: 8/1/05 1:12 pm<br></i>

synergy100

Christian

Post by synergy100 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:29 pm

Not a good blow for the Spuds, cousin Jordy leaving also?? <p></p><i></i>

NPGandyDancer

Re: Moorhead's goalie Beau Christian leaving

Post by NPGandyDancer » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:07 pm

mnhockey. surprising news indeed. did parents, dave and/or lisa prod him in this? i was looking forward to beau as started in the nets this year. which team is he going with? <p></p><i></i>

Jesrober

Replacing Beau

Post by Jesrober » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:37 pm

Seems pretty suprising where did you get your info? Hopefully it's not true, but if it is what about the goalie who won the bantam tournaments for Moorhead a couple years back is he ready for the Varsity level? <p></p><i></i>

bigroy07

Re: Replacing Beau

Post by bigroy07 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:28 am

Yeah, I've heard this too... from Moorhead kids so i think it's true... and they said Jordy's leavin' after this season?<br><br><br>Moorhead's Varsity goalie will prolly be Duncan? or who? <p></p><i></i>

NPGandyDancer

Post by NPGandyDancer » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:57 am

beau is leaving for illinois to play midgets figuring he has a better chance to go d1 at some point. i suspect it might have gotten crowded at moorhead at the netminder spot...anyway, good luck to beau. great parents...great kid. <p></p><i></i>

MNHockey11

Post by MNHockey11 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:55 pm

Duncan will most likely be the #1 goalie next year considering he was goaltender for the Bantam A team that won 2 state championships. <p></p><i></i>

puckhead89

Post by puckhead89 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:42 am

What year is Duncan? Will he be a sophomore or junior this season? Or maybe he will just be a freshman? Anybody know? <p></p><i></i>

MNHockey11

Post by MNHockey11 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:13 pm

Joe is a junior this year <p></p><i></i>

Jesrober

Goalie Situation

Post by Jesrober » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:43 pm

Well I'm sad to hear that Beau is leaving for a better chance at a D1 school, but I would have to say Brian Lee didn't have to go anywhere to get picked 9th in the NHL draft. Beau from what I saw was a great goalie and played some great games. As for Duncan From what I hear he is a very capable goalie, doing something no other Moorhead goaltender has done. Anybody know if he is ready to go right to the number one goalie for the varsity team? Also anyother goalies in the running for the job? <p></p><i></i>

RLStars

Re: Goalie Situation

Post by RLStars » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:16 am

Jesrober, I don't follow Moorhead hockey at all, but how many years did Brian Lee play at the varsity level? I think I once heard that he played in eighth grade. My point is that a goalie at Moorhead with a deep goalie pool, which is what NPGrandey was implying, will not get the exposure or proving time on the ice that a four or five year varsity starter does. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p074.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... RLStars</A> at: 8/9/05 6:18 am<br></i>

Jesrober

Varsity Level

Post by Jesrober » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:14 pm

Lee Was on varsity for 3 years and Defense was pretty deep for those three years. I do understand that there were quite a few other goalies ahead of him and it was the coachs choice of who was out there. To me Beau was probably the better goalie but the seniors got most of the starts. He would still have gotten a chance at d1 school as scouts aren't strangers at spuds games. I just don't understand why he would leave. Think about it he is leaving a school where he would get most of the starts to a place that in no way guarentees he gets any playing time. Just my opionion. <p></p><i></i>

MNHockey11

Re: Varsity Level

Post by MNHockey11 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:51 pm

I agree with you Jesrober, Beau would have been the starting goalie for every game. I don't see why you would leave Moorhead where you can get exposure and a lot of playing time too Illinois where he may be limited in ice time. I guess it suited him best and i wish him luck in the future. <p></p><i></i>

puckhead89

Re: Varsity Level

Post by puckhead89 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:00 am

Hmmm...who should be starting goalie and who ends up being the starter is always a topic for conversation, eh? <br><br>I don't intend to be negative, buuuuuuuut.........I have seen so many varsity teams screw this one up. I have seen the teams where only the senior gets the starts, no matter the level of talent or work ethic in the underclassmen. I have seen starts denied to kids because of personality conflicts between coaches/athletes. I have seen kids go into the net as a starter because the parents get into the coaches faces or because the goalie whined about not playing....I have seen it all....and yes, at the high school level. <br><br>Maybe, just maybe, Beau has seen enough too. I don't know his situation, and I am not usually a proponent for high school kids leaving but I can tell you goaltending is the one position I do understand an athlete leaving for better opportunity outside of the high school arena...if that fits their bill. Plus, in light of Moorhead's arguably disatrous showing at the championship game...where everyone, even the coach, showed their impatience with the net, do you think this is the most coveted place to be as keeper of the net? <br><br>Simply put (in my opinion) the position of goal is the most misunderstood position in hockey,.... by the fans, by the coaches, by the players and sometimes even the goalie. Kudos to the goalie who recognizes he must take control of his own fate, be his own personal coach....no matter where he ends up playing. But then again, maybe Beau and his family are just relocating and this is the best place for him to play in Illinois. No matter which, Beau, or any goalie out there, if you ever read this thread, the very best of luck to you in your endeavors in net. <p></p><i></i>

puckhead89

Re: Goalie Situation

Post by puckhead89 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:29 pm

Jesrober,<br><br>Just curious...what did you mean Duncan has done something no other Moorhead goalie has done? <p></p><i></i>

elliott70

Duncan

Post by elliott70 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:39 pm

I can't speak for jesrober, but I believe he is referring to winning the MAHA and VFW bantam titles. <p></p><i></i>

HIGHoHOCKEY

I'd leave to.

Post by HIGHoHOCKEY » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:01 am

If I was Beau I'd play somewhere else too. Every varsity start he had (and he did early in the season because of Deutz injury) he looked very sharp. and because of that play I would have expected him to have earned more starts even with Deutz return. Who knows he may have bombed any other starts they gave him, but he wasn't even given the opportunity to continue to prove himself. Just like mentioned earlier they gave the rest of the starts to the seniors. and well it may have backfired, 6 goals on 18 shots in the championship game. nobody can argue he would have done any worse. I don't think a monkey could do any worse, and now the spuds suffer the consequences another loss at the big dance. <p></p><i></i>

pocketkk

Re: I'd leave to.

Post by pocketkk » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:50 am

After watching the goalie shuffle last year throughout the entire year, the playoffs, and championship game..... why would a goaltender want to play in that mess. From what I understand, the team and goaltenders didn't know who was starting the championship game until a couple hours before the drop of the puck. And then how many goaltender changes were there? 3 or maybe 4. I have tried my hardest to block that game from memory. <br><br>The real story is Beau was thinking of leaving before the season started. Spencer got hurt and Beau was promised ample playing time for the first few months. Spencer recoved quicker than planned, leaving Beau the odd man out. I'm sure this didn't sit well as he was a junior getting no varsity experience. And then watching the handling of the goaltenders was just icing on the cake. <p></p><i></i>

pocketkk

Other goaltender

Post by pocketkk » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:55 am

the other goaltender is Kunde. Both are decent, the early edge goes to Duncan. Kunde is under-rated and if he works hard during the summer you could see him a lot. But he has to work. <p></p><i></i>

synergy100

Re:

Post by synergy100 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:49 pm

Good luck to Beau, too bad. Hope the pastures are greener in the land of Lincoln. Chase your dreams. <p></p><i></i>

BNTL

Re: ouch

Post by BNTL » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:48 pm

they spuds are gonna be hurting a big now....word is jordy is going to the development camp soon...not this year but next i think <p></p><i></i>