fulton to umd

rbk4me227

fulton to umd

Post by rbk4me227 »

i heard fulton commited to UMD yesterday. does anyone know if this is true? <p></p><i></i>
falcons30

Re: fulton to umd

Post by falcons30 »

It's true <p></p><i></i>
blueeyesme2

Re: fulton to umd

Post by blueeyesme2 »

congrats <p></p><i></i>
cliff77

Fulton...which Fulton?

Post by cliff77 »

Was it Duston or his younger brother? <p></p><i></i>
wild77

Re: Fulton...which Fulton?

Post by wild77 »

Jordan Fulton <p></p><i></i>
elliott70

Re: Fulton...which Fulton?

Post by elliott70 »

The older Fulton is Hamline this year, I believe. <p></p><i></i>
Finn70

Wondering

Post by Finn70 »

Is Fulton going to UMD for 2006 or 2007? If it is for 2006, I think UMD is making a mistake. If Wheeler and Dee needed a year of juniors (and they are better players than Fulton), I don't see Fulton being effective for a while if he isn't playing any junior hockey. <p></p><i></i>
rbk4me227

Re: Wondering

Post by rbk4me227 »

i dont know whats going on with dee. he hasnt played a game all year for Omaha. does anybody know why this is, or what his plans are for next year? because if he doesnt get any playing time this year how can he play D1 next year? <p></p><i></i>
power92

Post by power92 »

I 80% sure Dee is injured. I know this thread is about Jordan, congrats. And unlike Dee and Wheeler, Fulton isn't afraid to be physical, he should have an easier time<br> adjusting to that level.<br>Good luck. <p></p><i></i>
mnhockey39

Post by mnhockey39 »

It is true and I understand that he has accepted a 90% full ride scholarship. Congrats to Jordon as I am sure that he will prosper. It has been fun watching him play since he was a pee-wee in Champlin Park.<br><br>Best of Luck,<br>mnhockey39 <p></p><i></i>
ronnyevhs

Re: FULTON AT UMD

Post by ronnyevhs »

It is true, and i hope that his offensive fire power in High School can transition to College because he was a very underrated player with being on the same lines as Robby Dee and Blake Wheeler, and he was overshadowed by there unbelievable talent, but he is the third to the trio, the youngest, and this year could prove himself, and i think he will, congrats to him, he is a good kid, and i hope he does well this year and the years to come...Looking foward to watching him develop next year at the D1 level <p></p><i></i>
shooter57

Post by shooter57 »

He's got the tools, He'll do fine...<br> <p></p><i></i>
IJasonI

Post by IJasonI »

In regards to Dee<br>He is injured for sure. I think it was his shoulder.<br><br>On Fulton<br>I could go either way on whether or not he needs a year of juniors before college. And whoever compared him to Dee and Wheeler in regards to juniors does not know what they are talking about. First, Wheeler is the same age as all the true freshmen and he could not have gone to college as a senior in high school, so he had to play USHL. And who is to say Dee would not have a good year at Maine this year?<br><br>Good luck to Jordan at UMD <p></p><i></i>
W900

Post by W900 »

Those two are just fancy skaters. I'll be really suprised if anything happens. The U likes that. Which is fine. Wait and see. <p></p><i></i>
IJasonI

Post by IJasonI »

W900-<br>Are you referring to "those 2" as the fulton brothers? Because, in my opinion, they are completely different players. <p></p><i></i>
W900

Post by W900 »

Kinda. But I know where your coming from. There seems to be a bunch of Fultons and a couple of Dees out there. They are all really good but if you can tell where are they now? <p></p><i></i>
Finn70

Post by Finn70 »

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>And whoever compared him to Dee and Wheeler in regards to juniors does not know what they are talking about. First, Wheeler is the same age as all the true freshmen and he could not have gone to college as a senior in high school, so he had to play USHL. And who is to say Dee would not have a good year at Maine this year<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>I see the point completely flew over your head. <br><br>The point is that both Wheeler and Dee will have played a year of junior before college. It didn't matter when they did it. Just the fact that they both did it is the point.<br><br>Wheeler knew he needed to step it up a notch for college and needed junior hockey to help him. Nobody forced him to leave Breck last year. Smart move on his part before he hit the U campus this year. <br><br>If Maine thought Dee would have had a "good year" this year, he would probably be suiting up for them right now. Dee needed juniors too.<br><br>If those two needed some junior hockey seasoning to get ready for the college grind, you can sure as hell bet Fulton needs it because Fulton isn't as good as either of his old Breck teammates. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... >Finn70</A> at: 10/30/05 3:55 pm<br></i>
shooter57

Post by shooter57 »

I think Wheeler and Dee could have stepped right in and played. The problem was, there really wasn't an opportune opening for them to move into. Their prospective teams are/were loaded. The experience gained from juniors is invaluable. Now, with Fulton, he can play at that level, as could Wheeler and Dee, and there is an opening for him to fill now which the other two did not have.... <p></p><i></i>
IJasonI

Post by IJasonI »

First of all, there <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>was</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> pressure on Wheeler to leave Breck for juniors in his senior year by the Phoenix Coyotes (who made Wheeler the 5th overall pick). I agree, it probably was a smart move. It probably got him more used to the physicality of college hockey. Although, he could easily be on the U of M this year even if he had not played for the Gamblers last year.<br><br>Second, Shooter57 made a great point with regards to Dee. They have a good team this year but they will need to fill some holes next year, which is why Dee is coming then and not now.<br><br>I'm not even necessarily saying that Fulton won't play a year of juniors. All I am saying is that comparing his situation to Dee's and Wheeler's is ridiculous.<br><br>But, apparently the point flew completely over my head. <p></p><i></i>