skating and weigh lifting

gr19

skating and weigh lifting

Post by gr19 »

I was wondering if anyone could provide suggestions for the best way to combine weight lifting for the lower body with skating without killing my legs. How much is too much? Should a person skate and lift in the same day then take a day or 2 off? Insight is appreciated. <p></p><i></i>
troll21

Re: skating and weigh lifting

Post by troll21 »

Do a google search - <br><br>Jack Blatherwick (sp) This should answer your questions. <p></p><i></i>
dman007

skating and lifting

Post by dman007 »

I trained with rob potter for the past 3 yrs. and we would skate first mon, wed, fri and then lift heavy on the legs right after skating. Then come back tuesday and lift upper body to give ur legs a rest. On days we skated poter would have us do hockey hops, lunges, hockey walks, and then go do squats and a bunch of leg exercises. I works believe me. <p></p><i></i>
2DaRink

Skating and Lifting

Post by 2DaRink »

2Dam007 - is that your schedule in the off-season, and if so, what is your schedule during the regular season with games? <p></p><i></i>
puckhead63

Training

Post by puckhead63 »

Try Athletic Performance Academy (APA). www.athleticperformanceacademy.com. <p></p><i></i>
eaglehockey15

Re: Training

Post by eaglehockey15 »

Here is the advice I give to other coaches and players. During the offseason lift 4 times a week with alternating different muscles every other day. During the season lift for 2-3 times a week immediately after practice. <p></p><i></i>
dman007

skating and lifting

Post by dman007 »

It should stay the same during the season just lighten the weights a little becasue the muscles will fatigue from long practices and games. <p></p><i></i>