Foreign Exchange

mnhshockey89

Foreign Exchange

Post by mnhshockey89 »

Can foreign exchange students play the whole season or do they have to sit out the first half like other out-of-state transfers? <p></p><i></i>
hillhockey

Re: Foreign Exchange

Post by hillhockey »

i'm not even sure if exchange students are allowed to play. not fair to the kid who's bumped from varsity b/c someone from out of the country wants to play. If this is true and not something i pulled from unsound source, its too bad for the international student, but thats a sacrifice like anything else; study abroad in America, or play hockey for that one season (can always play again the next year in their home country) <p></p><i></i>
gr19

they are eligible

Post by gr19 »

Matti Korhonen started in goal for Grand Rapids in 01-02 pretty much the entire season and he was a foreign exchange student from Finland. <p></p><i></i>
HockeyHoser09

exchange students

Post by HockeyHoser09 »

Im pretty sure that foreign exchange students get one year of eligibility for high school sports. I remember a pretty good player named Tibor Kutalek (sp?) that played for eagan, pretty sure he was from the Czech Republic and only eligible for one year. <p></p><i></i>
Zamman

Re: exchange students

Post by Zamman »

Richfield also had a FE student a couple of years ago. He played the entire season. My opinion is they should get one year eligability and get to try out just like any other kid. If they are good enough, then more power to them, (See freshman displacing thread). <p>________________________________<br>Academy of Holy Angels<br>2005 GIRLS STATE CHAMPS!<br>2002 & 2005 BOYS STATE CHAMPS!!<br>GO STARS!!</p><i></i>
hockey81

Foriegn Exchange

Post by hockey81 »

Brainerd got someone this year from Finland, and he is able to play the whole season with the team <p></p><i></i>
kranky

Brainerd Finlander

Post by kranky »

Lets hope the BHS AD got the paperwork right so the hockey team doesn't end up like the soccer teams! <p></p><i></i>
mnhshockey89

Re: Brainerd Finlander

Post by mnhshockey89 »

Yeah I watched this kid play over the weekend and he could really help that brainerd team. <p></p><i></i>
hockeydad

Post by hockeydad »

foreign exchange students are eligible for varsity competition if they are part of a registered foreign exchange program. I believe they are now limited to one year (used to be able to do two, I think). <p></p><i></i>
Rocketwrister

Post by Rocketwrister »

I believe Ely also got a kid from Finland this year. <p>www.rebelhockey.com</p><i></i>