St. Louis Park vs. Edina

Bart82

St. Louis Park vs. Edina

Post by Bart82 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:11 pm

The Hornets and the Orioles always seem to have a good tilt. It's too bad that they are playing this early as it would be nice to see both teams work out the kinks before they lock horns - but that's what Park gets for going to the North Suburban - or, whatever it's called.<br><br>I'm curious as to how both of these teams will look. I know that SLP thinks that they have a pretty good team. We'll see. I'm looking forward to it. <p></p><i></i>

Froomcat

Re: St. Louis Park vs. Edina

Post by Froomcat » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:15 am

I'll be there tomorrow. It has been a good rivalry the last few years. Park was down last year and has a lot of seniors this year. I'm a Park fan, but doesn't Edina look good and have tons of good sophs and juniors from good bantam teams recently?<br><br> <p></p><i></i>

Froomcat

Re: St. Louis Park vs. Edina

Post by Froomcat » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:21 am

I don't know if anyone cares, but Park was one of the founders of the Lake Conference in the 30's, so I hope they can try and schedule games like Edina/Mtka/Hopkins in sports in the future. Had nearly 1,000 kids in a grade in the late 60's and there constant around 300 today. The dilemma of all first ring suburbs, Richfield, Columbia Hts, Robbinsdale, Golden Valley, BC, etc. <p></p><i></i>

Froomcat

Park hangs on to win 3-2

Post by Froomcat » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:09 pm

Park got a shorthander in the first and two late 2nd period goals on two rushes to go up 3-0 after 2. Shots and chances were even through two. Edina hit two pipes. Park took three penalties in the third and that along with Edina coming out with all horses resulted in a 14-2 shot advantage and 2 Hornet goals. Very fun and fastmoving game. <br><br>Park played more defensive in the 3rd and Edina was buzzing and Edina pulled the goalie the last 45 seconds but couldn't tie it.<br><br>It's too bad after 65 years in the same conference that this is the only game of the year. Last year Edina won two one goal games and Park swept the series the year before. <p></p><i></i>