holy angels v eden prairie scrimmage

GNHogger

holy angels v eden prairie scrimmage

Post by GNHogger » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:54 pm

should be an interesting controlled scrimmage with these two teams saturday 12/3 at richfield arena. ep will have all 4 of their skaters off suspension and ready to play. trebil is still find tuning his team. zamman, what do you think? which way will this game go? <p></p><i></i>

Zamman

Re: holy angels v eden prairie scrimmage

Post by Zamman » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:06 pm

Honestly, I do not take much into scrimmages but, my opinion is this: EP will not like entering into the arena. AHA is strong and extremely fast. I was at the STAR WARS event last week and even the JV looked good. Trebil will be mixing it up a bit for this now that all of his players are back from football. Again I do not take any scrimmage as a good idea of what the real team can do. But it should be fun. I will be there. <p>________________________________<br>Academy of Holy Angels<br>2005 GIRLS STATE CHAMPS!<br>2002 & 2005 BOYS STATE CHAMPS!!<br>GO STARS!!</p><i></i>

23MadDog

Post by 23MadDog » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:27 pm

What time on Saturday? <p></p><i></i>

Zamman

Post by Zamman » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:29 pm

I am not sure. I will check ot out and post it tomorrow.... <p>________________________________<br>Academy of Holy Angels<br>2005 GIRLS STATE CHAMPS!<br>2002 & 2005 BOYS STATE CHAMPS!!<br>GO STARS!!</p><i></i>

KodiakChew

scrimmages

Post by KodiakChew » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:55 pm

I really don't put much stock into scrimmages because Trebil really doesn't play it the same way. He plays 6 D and 4 forward lines. Usually its 4 D and 3 lines. But this will test his depth. My guess is he is still looking for players to battle for that last D spot and top 3 lines. It should be interesting, but it is just a scrimmage. <p></p><i></i>

NPGandyDancer

Post by NPGandyDancer » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:39 am

yes. post the time. "controlled" scrimmage is a misnomer. these boys will go close to full tilt. ep won't be fielding the team that beat breck 7-0 in the stp festival. it's now loaded with <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>underclassmen</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> and a few seniors who have <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>no varsity</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> experience. the stars should cruise right by them. <p></p><i></i>

Zamman

Post by Zamman » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:58 pm

OK here it is: the scrimmage is slated for 1:30 at Richfield in rink two. there is a tournament at the rink so be carefull..... <p>________________________________<br>Academy of Holy Angels<br>2005 GIRLS STATE CHAMPS!<br>2002 & 2005 BOYS STATE CHAMPS!!<br>GO STARS!!</p><i></i>

GNHogger

Post by GNHogger » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:12 pm

thanks. looking forward to some sharp play by the stars. <p></p><i></i>

puckhead63

AHA vs. EP

Post by puckhead63 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:18 pm

Yes it was only a scrimmage, however, EP 9, AHA 8.<br><br>Both teams played 4 lines and kept it balanced.<br><br>Yes, EP is one of the younger teams that they have fielded in a while. However, with the exception of laying an egg against Eagan (just couldn't finish), they are looking very good.<br><br>They controlled the scrimmage against Centennial 4 - 1, beat an improved Eastview 6 - 1.<br><br>I have said from the beginning, I think this team is going to be much better then expected. They are missing a couple Seniors that would have helped as well a Junior or two - however, they do look pretty solid. No real superstars, just a long of good talent playing their roles. <p></p><i></i>

Zamman

Re: AHA vs. EP

Post by Zamman » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:31 pm

Yes the final showed that EP outscored AHA, EP already has a team, and AHA has not got the team completed yet. their first game is not for another week. AHA played 4 lines and 6 D and 3 goalies. A point not in the equation is that AHA was without one of their top D players which meant that AHA needed to drop Hurley back to D so the number 1 line was not complete. Barribal and Matson looked great. No excuses it was a battle. I did not talk with any of the AHA faithfull after the game, I had to go. In the regular season I see AHA dominating this EP team.... My opinion. <p>________________________________<br>Academy of Holy Angels<br>2005 GIRLS STATE CHAMPS!<br>2002 & 2005 BOYS STATE CHAMPS!!<br>GO STARS!!</p><i></i>

puckfan2

Post by puckfan2 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:43 pm

I'm shocked that Zamman thinks AHA would dominate EP if they played again. No excuses? Sounds like you just made quite a few. Check your earlier post-you said AHA already looked great and Ep shouldn't even bother to show up.Try to take off those blue and gold tinted glasses that you see the world through just for a little while. It's just a scrimmage and doesn't mean much this early in the season, but be careful before you throw around words like "dominate". Both teams have a long way to go before they're a finished product. <p></p><i></i>

Zamman

Post by Zamman » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:53 pm

Sorry my glasses are gold and blue. I said that EP would not like entering the arena, not that they should not even show up. I still stand by my saying that in the regular season in a game atmosphere AHA will dominate the mighty eagles.... <p>________________________________<br>Academy of Holy Angels<br>2005 GIRLS STATE CHAMPS!<br>2002 & 2005 BOYS STATE CHAMPS!!<br>GO STARS!!</p><i></i>