question for you referees

hamboni

question for you referees

Post by hamboni » Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:09 pm

let's talk about this paper airplane incident.ref101, help us out. could gager have blown that play down while it was still just a one on one at center ice? could he have waved off the goal had moorhead scored? <p></p><i></i>

hamboni

curious

Post by hamboni » Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:24 pm

i wanted to bring this thread back to the top to see if i could get an answer. a paper airplane is sailed onto the ice while play is in the moorhead defensive zone. it lands right on the centennial defensive blue line. as moorhead breaks the puck out of the zone the ref sees it and starts to make a move for it to pick it up. the puck is passed to that side of the rink and a one on one develops at center ice. the ref doesn't have time to pick the plane up. centennials retreating defenseman steps on the airplane, falls, giving moorhead a breakaway from right inside the zone. no goal was scored, but what would have happened had he scored? does a ref have the option of blowing this play dead when he sees the defenseman step on the airplane and falls? <p></p><i></i>

ref101

airplane

Post by ref101 » Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:17 am

Yes, blow it down, spectator interference (don't wait for a goal to be scored!!!, and then try and talk to a coach.), it effected the on-ice play. I've had (live) chickens, frozen fish explode (Willmar/Litchfield Cup), tennis balls (Bethel), and a whole lot of other stuff over the years. We even had some "spuds" during the pre-game in the 8AA final this year, glad they didn't show up during the game... <p></p><i></i>