What makes you think Giles will leave?

edinahornets9

What makes you think Giles will leave?

Post by edinahornets9 »

If Giles leaves maybe but anything could happen. Coaching is only a small part of a teams success. Why would Chapman want to leave Centennial after they won state? Maybe he knows that Edina is the only team that actually stands a chance. I doubt either coach will go anywhere but I could be wrong. <p></p><i></i>
newkidonblock

Re: What makes you think Giles will leave?

Post by newkidonblock »

Edinahornets9-<br><br>Coaching does play a bigger role than you give it credit. How may teams with a revolving door head coach experience long term success? I guess you wouldn't know that considering you have been lucky enough to have had Ikola, Larson and Giles as head coaches. Talk about people with experience! The high school and the youth programs need some kind of stability and expectations from the top to find some sort of success/improvement. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub33.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUser ... onblock</A> at: 3/14/04 11:21 pm<br></i>
edinahornets9

Desire to win and coaching

Post by edinahornets9 »

The desire of a team to be successful is why a team wins. A good coach needs to make his players have that desire. The coach is just a teacher really. Teams also need to have a leader for the team follow. If there is talent and no leader the team will fall apart. Coaches cant determine the outcome of the game the players do. If you got rid of coaches and have a team that could coach it self that would be something. I mean Herb Brooks didnt win as a player he won as a coach. If it wasnt for his players they never would have won in 1980. All a coach can really do is teach strategies of what the other teams might do. When players are in the heat of a game though and something doesnt go to plan they have to improvise. One little mistake can change the outlook of the game. A good coach is one who knows and trusts his players and can teach them to be succesful. Its not about winning and losing. A great coach is a person who teaches players how to be decent people and about teamwork and about the values of life. It has nothing to do with winning awards or having your name in the paper. <p></p><i></i>
newkidonblock

Re: Desire to win and coaching

Post by newkidonblock »

With your first few sentences, you have make my point. Just think if Herb wasn't the coach of the 1980 team? Herb made that team what it was and there wasn't another coach in the country who could have done what he did. He didn't just teach strategies, he tought those players there was something more than the college they played for. Herb picked that team, whereas the high school coaches aren't afforded that luxury. Are you old enough to understand the hatred of BU and the U of M at that time? It was a war every time they played each other. I never said it had anything to do with awards.<br><br>I agree what you've said but players need stability. Imagine how you'd be if you (a dedicated player) had a different father every year or two. That is what a good high school coach is like. <p></p><i></i>
hshockeyfan

mistake

Post by hshockeyfan »

nice of you to make a return edinahornets9. but just so you know, chapman is the coach of breck so there would be a advantage to edina in that they are AA. but i doubt this will happen, especially in the next couple of years, mostly because of how strong breck will be. centennial is coached by aus <p></p><i></i>
atthepoint

edina

Post by atthepoint »

Actually, last time around this came down to Chapman and Giles. Edina would have been better off with Chapman, but I am sure that Breck was glad to keep him. Breck would never have had the season they did without him.<br><br>Edina would be smart to try and get Chapman, he played for Edina, the gophers, and is now an experienced MN coach. It is the one place other than Breck, or maybe U of M, where he would probably be willing to coach. <p></p><i></i>