Matt Lundin Commits

mnhshock29

Matt Lundin Commits

Post by mnhshock29 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:00 pm

FYI-<br><br>MATT LUNDIN COMMITS TO UNIVERSITY OF MAINE<br><br>Apple Valley H.S. Senior Backstopped Elite League's Wells Fargo Team SE and National Tournament Runner-up<br><br>MINNEAPOLIS--Wells Fargo Team SE goaltender Matt Lundin (Apple Valley H.S.), who spent this past fall playing in the Upper Midwest High School Elite League, has committed to play NCAA Division I college hockey at the University of Maine.<br> <br>Lundin was one of the premier Elite League goalies during the 2003 season, posting a 2.47 goals against average and a .934 save percentage. Because of his performance during the fall, Lundin was selected to play on the Minnesota White team that finished second in the Tradition Mortgage High School Elite Hockey National Invitational Tournament in November. Lundin is the 17th player from the 2003 Elite League season to commit to an NCAA Division I program.<br> <br>During the 2003-2004 high school regular season, Lundin posted a 2.26 GAA and received the Frank Brimsek Award winner, given to the state's top senior goaltender. <br> <br>Lundin's brother Mike is a freshman defenseman for the Black Bears, who will play in the NCAA Frozen Four next weekend. <br> <br>The Upper Midwest High School Elite League is part of the (Minnesota Hockey) High School Elite Hockey Development Program. It is a joint venture with the Minnesota High School Hockey Coaches Association.<br> <br>The league operates from September through mid-November is intended primarily as a high-level supplement to the high school season.<br><br>Participants are by invitation/try-out, and must be nominated by qualified high school coaches to be considered. Try-outs and selections are primarily done in June/July.<br><br>For more information, visit the program’s Web site at: <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.hselitehockey.com.">www.hselitehockey.com.</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>###<br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>

goldy313

Re: Matt Lundin Commits

Post by goldy313 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:11 pm

Great for him, I don't think him going to Maine was a big suprise though. Nothing against Briggs, but there were 2 top notch goalies in high school this year in Lundin and O'Brien, Lundin is gone now, I hope the mighty Rodents can find a spot for O'Brien. This lack of 2 decent goalies at the U is really starting to get to me, of the teams at the WCHA final 5 the Goph's probably had the weakest goaltending. <p></p><i></i>

petey1321

Post by petey1321 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:16 pm

Congrats to Matt. He should get to split time with Howard--who is awesome and would be a great guy to learn from--and then be the #1 when Howard graduates or goes pro. <p></p><i></i>

Whatwillwork

Post by Whatwillwork » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:32 pm

Frazee comes in after next season, right now they are looking for someone to come in that will come in for $0 or very little scholarship money. <p></p><i></i>