Section 8AA Next Year

PASH2

Section 8AA Next Year

Post by PASH2 »

Who do you think will contend/come out of this section? <p></p><i></i>
Jesrober

8AA

Post by Jesrober »

I would have to say no question Moorhead will be the team coming out of the section. This will be a senior driven team with something like 20-25 seniors. They bring back most of their defense including Brian Lee, Jon Ammerman, Brett Barta, Tyler Johnson. Last years JV defense men will fill the other spots nicely. On offense they bring back completely lines 2 and 3 including some very good players such as Matt Becker, Chris Vandevelde, and Cory Johnson. Both Goaltenders will be back and both have a little more experience. Look for this team to dominate the section as well as the rest of the state. This team should be in the State Championship again. <p></p><i></i>
oletimer

moorhead

Post by oletimer »

I agree. This is not to mention that their bantam A team just won both Bantam A state tournaments. There is several excellent players on that team that I could foresee making the Jump to Varsity and fitting in nicely. <p></p><i></i>
ROYALELK

without a doubt

Post by ROYALELK »

I'll go on record right now and pick the spuds for the next 3 years <p></p><i></i>
birdmister

spuds

Post by birdmister »

spuds..then roseau...then it will be a battle between these two teams for the next four years at least, no one else in 8AA down through the yough programs even competes. <p></p><i></i>
PASH2

Re: spuds

Post by PASH2 »

What does Roseau have? <p></p><i></i>
MNPuckster27

Roseau

Post by MNPuckster27 »

Just reading the youth hockey standings it looks like Roseau has a real good group of Pee Wee's, and average bantams... So I would say they are a few years off of contending with the Spuds.<br><br>The Spuds have to be the favorite not only in section 8AA but also in the state for the next year or 2. <p></p><i></i>
hockeyplaya

Section 8AA

Post by hockeyplaya »

Im going to go out on a limb, but i am picking Alex to win the section 2 years from now. Reasons being that they have a very good sophmore class that made up half of the varsity team this year that went 17-7-2. Next reason they have a very good freshman class too that made up half of the Junior Varsity team. The bantams did ok, but they will have some very experienced players 2 years from now. Moorhead will be tough, but I think 2 years from now will be the year someone else finally gets through the section. <p></p><i></i>
Jesrober

Alex

Post by Jesrober »

How could Alex even get close in 2 years? The Moorhead bantam team won both state championships. No one besides Moorhead will come out of this section for at least 3 or 4 years but the Moorhead Pee Wee team looked pretty good this year as well. I would think if Moorhead wins this section the next two years in a row there will probably be some section changes going on. <p></p><i></i>