cretin's new conference

Jazzkat

cretin's new conference

Post by Jazzkat » Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:13 pm

what conference is cretin in?<br>uncle says that they have hastings and ssp in their assigned conference, but its still being fought:<br>problem-hastings and ssp are not in the same conference-<br>which is it? missota or csc?<br>what happened to sec?<br>any changes to any of those?<br>if anyone has any info, please list schools that are affected by the assignment and their respective conferences.<br>thanks <p></p><i></i>

TommyG663303

Re: cretin's new conference

Post by TommyG663303 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:21 pm

I hope to god Cretin doesn't end up in CSC that would ruin HMs football team which is just now starting to get good. I hope they end up in Missota. Which to me seems the most likely. <p></p><i></i>

Ppgoal

Post by Ppgoal » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:40 pm

Not sure if it's finalized, but as far as I know, they were placed in the conference with White Bear Lake, Mounds View, and those teams. I know Cretin appealed it, but I havent heard of anything since. <p></p><i></i>

TommyG663303

Post by TommyG663303 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:14 pm

I know that WBLs athletic director and varsity football coach Bob Jackson doesn't want Cretin in his conference. He was complaining about it a lot in WBLs local newspaper the WBL press. Isn't the WBL,Mounds view, Roseville,Stillwater confrence called North East Suburban Classic or something like that. <p></p><i></i>

statebb1522

Post by statebb1522 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:49 pm

Haven't you noticed that WBL isn't the only school that doesn't want CDH in their conference? Hello...no one does... <p></p><i></i>

nolookpassguy

Post by nolookpassguy » Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:26 am

The Surburban East Conference (WBL, Hastings, Woodbury...) appealed the High School League' decision to place Creitn in their conference. Their issue is that the criteria used to make the decision wasn't fair. The conference stated that Cretin's enrollment is too small for their confrence & just because they opt to play up in classes shouldn't be considered. A neutral judge agreed with the conference and referred the matter back to the High School League for further consideration. The High School league has a meeting this week (4/13/04) and the placement of Cretin into a conference is on the agenda. My guess is that the High School League will just narrow it's decision why it feels the SEC is the best fit (competitive balance) and affirm it's initial placement. The conference can again appeal, but I'm sure they will accept the decision and move forward. I think the High School League realizes that it will create even more hassles if it changes it's mind & attempts to place Cretin in the Classic Surburban because those schools would definately appeal and the saga would continue. I hope the matter is resolved in the near future. <p></p><i></i>

Sparlimb

I'd welcome them to the Classic Suburban

Post by Sparlimb » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:57 am

Come on Nolook, who are Cretin's long time natural rivals? Hill-Murray and St. Thomas. They belong in this conference. Sure they will dominate in most sports, but it won't always be that way. You guys may not remember, but Hill-Murray did just fine in football against Cretin back in the 80's. I have been hoping they make into it this conference as it needs the competition. I don't think you'd see Hill or St. Thomas screaming, but I bet the rest of the conference will. It's too bad, because at the end of the day this is High School athletics and conferences should be regionally based more then competively so. <p></p><i></i>

nolookpassguy

Re: I'd welcome them to the Classic Suburban

Post by nolookpassguy » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:13 am

Sparlimb, <br><br>As a member of the Hill coaching staff, I welcome Cretin to our conference. Hill & St. Thomas were the only two schools in our conference who initally approved their inclusion a year ago when approached. I'm old enough to remember competing with Cretin on a regular basis and believe our football team last year would have competed just fine with them. The problem with other teams in conference is that several of them just recently left a conference with Hastings, Park, and Woodbury primarily because of the inablity to compete with those schools. They formed a new conference and were not thrilled when the State High School league placed us in with them. The last thing they want is a 3rd private school to compete against. I believe they looked at that in detail when they decided not to place Cretin in our conference. I hope my initial response did not come across as if Hill & St. Thomas were "ducking" Cretin. We will continue to work on things we can control and hope to develope our kids & improve our programs. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub33.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUser ... passguy</A> at: 4/12/04 11:09 am<br></i>

TommyG663303

Re: I'd welcome them to the Classic Suburban

Post by TommyG663303 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:53 am

Hey nolookpassguy what do you coach? <p></p><i></i>

packerboy

Cretin conference

Post by packerboy » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:31 am

I dont understand what the prolem is. <br><br>Either conference would be fine and neither is perfect. The East is a little more competitive but the Classic is a little more traditional and geographic. I would think that these conferences would fight to get a Cretin in. <br><br>CDH has outstanding football teams and baseball teams. Hockey is average to above average. Basketball has been above average. Whats the problem? They arent weak at anything and are always strong in a couple of sports just like most of the other schools.<br><br>I dont get it. <p></p><i></i>

Ppgoal

Re: Cretin conference

Post by Ppgoal » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:50 am

Other high schools have problems with Cretin in a couple areas. One being the size of the school, another being the recruiting rumor associated with CDH over the last decade or so. Cretin would love to be in the Classic, and I for one would love to see it to. But Cretin is much larger than most of the schools in the conference, and quite frankly, I think Cretin would dominate in just about every sport in that conference. <p></p><i></i>

PuckHog29

Re: Cretin conference

Post by PuckHog29 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:42 am

Ppgoal - I'm not sure what you are talking about saying that Cretin would dominate just about every sport in the conference. In the main boys sports of football, baskertball, hockey and baseball they would be very competitive and make for some very good rivalries. <p></p><i></i>

packerboy

CDH and conference

Post by packerboy » Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:28 pm

I agree with Puckhog29 and just add that CDH isnt that big of a school. They have about 325 or so per class. That isnt large at all compared to the East Suburban. It might be near the top in the Classic but its hardly an Eden Prarie. <p></p><i></i>

nolookpassguy

Re: CDH and conference

Post by nolookpassguy » Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:45 pm

If Cretin were placed in the Surburban East, they would be the smallest school in that conference. If placed in the Classic Surburban, they would be in the middle enrollment wise. With regards to football, Cretin wants no part of having to play the big schools every single week. They have had it pretty soft over the years with the competition they have faced. Alot of times, they were able to sit their starters for long periods of times and still win by a lopsided score. Then come playoff time, they are healthy and walz through a somewhat easy section on to state. If placed in the SEC, they will be forced to play their starters all 4 qtrs, run the risk of injuries, and may have to work a little harder to get to state. And when their teams stop winning conference titles and stop appearing in the dome on a yearly basis, kids may actually start looking elsewhere to attend school. This is reality & they don't want it. Should be interesting. <p></p><i></i>

packerboy

CDH

Post by packerboy » Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:14 pm

Well, that isnt exactly right. They played the Lake conference last year in football and welcomed the competition and made a nice run at the dome during a "down " year. They have been looking to get out of the City conference for years, at least in football. <br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>

nolookpassguy

Re: CDH

Post by nolookpassguy » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:27 pm

Then they should stop complaining about being put in the SEC and enjoy the competition. <p></p><i></i>

Ppgoal

Post by Ppgoal » Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:30 pm

Who exactly is complaining? Because you know Cretin would love nothing more than to be put in the SEC. <p></p><i></i>

nolookpassguy

Post by nolookpassguy » Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:12 am

ppgoal: Cretin would love to be put in the SEC?? Let's see, the State High School league makes the recommendation that Cretin be placed in the SEC...then Cretin appeals the decision...sure doesn't sound like "love" to me. <p></p><i></i>

Ppgoal

Post by Ppgoal » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:41 am

Ok, lets see here. Cretin appealed after the SEC had appealed. I guarentee if the SEC hadnt appealed, Cretin wouldn't have either. They are just looking for a conference, so its far too late in the process for Cretin to be saying "no" to conferences. <p></p><i></i>

packerboy

CDH conference

Post by packerboy » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:49 am

According to the AD at CDH, they apealled the decision because they want to be in the Classic but if they end up in the SEC, that will be fine. <br>The Classic is better georaphically and from a rivalry standpoint while still being competitive overall. <p></p><i></i>

nolookpassguy

Post by nolookpassguy » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:55 am

I realize the desire for Cretin to be placed in a conference. But to be fair, Cretin would "love" to be in the Classic Surburban but would accept being placed in any conference right now. <p></p><i></i>

puckster10

Post by puckster10 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:41 pm

Why should the Classic Suburban Conference shoulder the brunt of 3 private schools? Also it is horribly inconvenient to let in a school without its own facilities. There is no football/soccer facility, and the conference would be forced (like some teams already are in the playoffs), to play at a Saint Paul public school stadium somewhere out of the way, at a "neutral" ground. Its inconvenient for fans, and the teams. <br><br> <p>Puckster<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.wildpuck.com" target="top">www.wildpuck.com</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--></p><i></i>

packerboy

CDH

Post by packerboy » Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:29 pm

If a conference wants to add class and competitivness, it would be very interested in CDH. The Classic is already a better conference with STA and HM in it and would only be that much better if CDH would join. <br><br>CDH plays football at Griffin Field and Harding which are both a couple of blocks off of I94. They are very convienent and easy to get to. Easily as nice of facilities as anyone else in the conference. <p></p><i></i>

Sparlimb

Puckster

Post by Sparlimb » Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:26 pm

Just like it's extremely inconvenient that White Bear Lake plays their home hockey games at Aldrich, a long way from their campus. Come on now.<br><br>What I thought was interesting was that the Surbuban East Conference now says it wants one new member to even things out. I wonder if Hill would consider moving back? Probably not as Tartan and North St. Paul are the more local rivals, but you never know as Stillwater, Roseville and White Bear Lake have been the more recent rivals the past 15 years... <p></p><i></i>

packerboy

SEC

Post by packerboy » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:42 pm

That conference has some prety big schools, for that psrt of the metro. It wold be tough for HM to compete all around with those kinds of numbers.<br><br>When we talk about this stuff we have to remember that the AD has to think about girls sports and the "non revenue" sports from wrestling to track when making these decisions. HM might get killed in those other sports in that conference. <p></p><i></i>