Roller Hockey

John1Deer2

Roller Hockey

Post by John1Deer2 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:23 pm

Do any of u guys play roller hockey up there? i know i know " roller hockeys for pussies, no hitting" all that crap. But the people that are sayin that have never seen roller hockey. Where i live, we don't get to play half as much, so thats another hockey option. Just wondering, and do any of u know Dave Fromm? Roller hockeys fast pace, and it helps u with speed, eye hand cordination, shooting, passing, everything. But just wondering, write back here<br> <p></p><i></i>

hockeyscout

Re: Roller Hockey

Post by hockeyscout » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:37 pm

John Deere,<br><br>What part of the country are you from? I will be watching some roller hockey this spring at the USA U 17 program back east and in Ballwin Mo in the next few weeks. I am interested in what kind of players are now trying out for the U17 team. Roller hockey im Minnesota and the upper mid west has not caught on, however there is a kid from Hastings Neb. that plays on Shattucks prep team that is both a good hockey player and a very good in line player. I also heard from my connections in USA hockey that Michael Phillippi has been invited to a regional festival. I looked at USA inlines roosters and only Phillippi and a kid named Smith are the only 2 players from Minnesota. Phillipi is a very talented defenceman and it will be interesting to see how he does in the inline venue. I think its just a matter of time before you see more hockey players looking for an additional outlet. <p></p><i></i>