USHL Draft May 12th

bubz101

USHL Draft May 12th

Post by bubz101 »

Anyone care to take a stab at which Minn kids will go in the in early rounds? <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p074.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... bubz101</A> at: 5/2/04 10:19 am<br></i>
Jesrober

USHL

Post by Jesrober »

I would like to say Nick Deutz from Moorhead has got to go in the first 2 rounds. He led his team and the elite league in scoring. He is a little undersized but is a very talented player. I would also say Gifford from Moorhead would go but considering he is ranked #122 in the NHL prospects list and has opted for the NHL draft more is in the future for him. Anyone know if it is still possible for him to be drafted into the Ushl? Conneran also has a chance to be drafted but most likely won't be a top pick. <p></p><i></i>
Playmaker19

draft

Post by Playmaker19 »

yes it is possible for for him to still get drafted into the USHL, in fact you can be drafted in many leagues. Just because your drafted does not mean you have to play for that team. I think it just means that team has rights over you in that league. <p></p><i></i>
Ppgoal

Re: draft

Post by Ppgoal »

First off, Gifford is ranked #122 in the North American list, which means he could probably fall down to as many as 50 spots once they factor in the European skaters. But yes, no other drafts have any bearing on the USHL draft. <p></p><i></i>
hockeylife

Re: draft

Post by hockeylife »

Is anyone hearing anything from the USHL teams? <p></p><i></i>
juniorhockey

USHL

Post by juniorhockey »

Rarely will the USHL teams tell people. They might tell a player they have an interest in drafting them, but that doesn't mean they will. I guess many of the Tier II teams are being left out of the loop as well, so May 12th will be very interesting.<br><br>Anyone remember how many Minnesotans were drafted this last year?<br><br>I think it will be interesting to see how many players who played Tier II will be drafted this year. But we'll see... <p></p><i></i>
Fergus OnLooker

Re: USHL

Post by Fergus OnLooker »

Isn't this the first year for a "draft" in the USHL? <p></p><i></i>
Ppgoal

Post by Ppgoal »

No, its the first year the USHL does not have tenders. Before this year, each team could sign 3 players to tenders before the draft, meaning the rights of that player belonged to that team. But the USHL has had a draft for awhile now. <p></p><i></i>
hkyman12

Post by hkyman12 »

Is there an age the player has to be or could they draft a frosh, or soph???? <p></p><i></i>
hockeyboy

Post by hockeyboy »

They can draft anybody, but I wouldnt expect many 89's or younger to be drafted <p><!--EZCODE MAIL START--><a href="mailto:the_official_hockeyboy@hotmial.com"> the_official_hockeyboy@hotmial.com</a><!--EZCODE MAIL END--></p><i></i>
Ppgoal

Post by Ppgoal »

Anyone and everyone is eligible to be drafted. But most kids that are drafted are between the ages of 16-20. <p></p><i></i>
Reggie Dunlap

Post by Reggie Dunlap »

"Anyone remember how many Minnesotans were drafted this last year?"<br><br>I found an old file with last years draft info:<br><br>Out of 174 total draft picks:<br>28 were MN HS players<br>55 were from AAA Midget teams<br>61 were from other Junior Leagues.<br><br>If I remember correctly, the percentage of tenders were divided fairly evenly between those three categories as well.<br><br>Of the 28 that were drafted, only 10 played with the teams that drafted them. 2 went to other teams in the USHL, 2 stayed in HS, 1 went D-III, the others went to the NAHL. <p></p><i></i>
tarpaper

2003 MN Kids Drafted

Post by tarpaper »

In order of position (D/F/G) and pick.<br><br>2. Sioux Falls -- Chris Anderson, D, White Bear Lake&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp d<br>33. Sioux City -- Tim Manthey, D/F, Anoka&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp d<br>105. Sioux City -- Dustin Mercado, D, White Bear Lake&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp d<br>137. Sioux City -- Paul Solberg, D/F, Osseo HS&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp d<br>147. River City -- Josh Meyer, D, Int. Falls/Bozeman Ice Dogs&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp d<br>163. Waterloo -- Greg Flynn, D, Centennial HS&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp d<br>172. Danville -- Bryan Plaszcz, D, Eastview HS&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp d<br>77. Sioux City -- Blake Turnquist, F, St. Paul Academy&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp f<br>99. Sioux Falls -- Jeff Beck, F, Stillwater HS&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp f<br>117. Green Bay -- Tony Selvog, F, Warroad&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp f<br>128. Lincoln -- Sydney Crosby, F, Shattuck-St. Mary's&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp f<br>132. Tri-City -- Brandon Svendson, F, Roseville HS&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp f<br>142. Sioux Falls -- Kent Bostrom, F, Mounds View&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp f<br>167. Chicago -- Zach Harbour, F, Shattuck-St. Mary's&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp f<br>175. Waterloo -- Tom Gorowsky, F, Centennial HS&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp f<br>4. Tri-City -- Jack Hillen, D, Holy Angels&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp d<br>16. Tri-City -- Jake Obermeyer, D, Chaska&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp d<br>35. Waterloo -- Josh Duncan, D, Rochester Lourdes&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp d<br>97. Topeka -- Eric Dahlberg, D, Duluth East&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp d<br>168. Tri-City --Blake Friesen, D, Benilde-St. Margaret's&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp d<br>3. Chicago -- Kevin Huck, F, Holy Angels&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp f<br>5. Des Moines -- David Watters, F, Eden Prairie&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp f<br>22. Sioux Falls (from Topeka) -- Andrew Carroll, F, Roseville&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp f<br>52. Tri-City -- Ben Hendrick, F, Anoka&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp f<br>59. Waterloo -- Jesse Vesel, F, Hibbing&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp f<br>76. Danville -- Travis Winter, F, St. Cloud Tech&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp f<br>81. Sioux Falls -- Matt Ford, F, Shattuck-St. Mary's&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp f<br>83. Des Moines -- Phil Fox, F, Stillwater HS&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp f<br>85. River City -- Lance Malark, F, White Bear Lake&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp f<br>129. Green Bay -- Mike Taylor, F, Holy Angels&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp f<br>25. Green Bay -- Troy Davenport, G, Simley&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp g<br> <p></p><i></i>
tarpaper

Correction

Post by tarpaper »

I believe the bottom 16 are the ones that actually played in the USHL with the exception of Anderson who was cut then picked up by another team. <p></p><i></i>
juniorhockey

Gorowsky goes number 1

Post by juniorhockey »

The draft is underway and it can be followed live at ushl.com <br><br>1st Round<br>It's actually pretty cool, as of now 2 MN went in the first round with Gorowsky going number one and Kronick going number 7.<br><br>Second round had Alex Stalock, Eli Vlaisajevich, and Joe Long. Also Brad Miller from Shattuck St. Mary's. Still not over.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
LacemUp

Re: Gorowsky goes number 1

Post by LacemUp »

Through 4 rounds, 35% of the picks are from Minnesota. <p></p><i></i>
Jesrober

USHL Draft

Post by Jesrober »

Both Deutz and Gifford were selected by the same team, Indiana. What are the chances of Deutz actually playing as a 14 round pick? <p></p><i></i>
juniorhockey

Post by juniorhockey »

By my totals, which could be very wrong, 37 Minnesotans were selected in the draft. With only ten playing from last years draft, I wonder how many will this year. <p></p><i></i>