State Tournament Fans...The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

puck4ever

State Tournament Fans...The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Post by puck4ever » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:46 am

Good: We gave up losing for lent, great sign.<br> The class of the fans to not throw objects onto the ice, i know this is praising what should be expected, but sadly enough it is expected to be immature and throw objects onto the ice these days.<br><br>Bad: Holy Angels...Sucks sign, very classless, especially during our countries national anthem, show some respect!<br> Moorhead fan's chants, you know the ones, "give me an 's', give me an 'e',give me an 'x', whats that spell," along with the other one that i won't put on here but everyone knows about. this little girl sitting in front of me (8 years old at the oldest) had to ask her grandmother what the chants meant. that is terrible and should not be tolerated by the mshsl. <br> The St. Thomas Academy disrespect shown towards opposing teams when line-ups are announced. they turn their backs and pay no attention to the players. very selfish and immature. you guys are all dressed up in your uniforms and respected by many people, don't ruin it by showing no class whatsoever.<br><br>Ugly: Section 206 being removed from the arena. maybe they went overboard with the "holy s*** clap, clap, clapclapclap" chant, but they probably shouldn't have been thrown out. their exuberance should be embraced by the mshsl, not looked down upon. they bring much excitement and life to the arena, i love that section and look forward to it next year. just keep the profanity to yourselves guys.<br> The additional singing of the national anthem when the band is playing it. don't be selfsh and draw attention to yourself while you are making a mockery of the song at the same time, as well as drawing attention away from what the song signifies. let the band play it or the vocalist sing it, if you ever get asked to sing for the game, be my guest, uuntil then, stop!<br><br>There's my opinion on the fans of the tournament. I'm sure i missed alot and forgot alot more, so let's hear what you all think about this.<br> <p></p><i></i>

SpudsPUCKemUP

Re: State Tournament Fans...The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Post by SpudsPUCKemUP » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:52 am

you cant sing along with the vocalist to the national anthem. if its what i think your telling me, you dont have any fun whatsoever. <p></p><i></i>

puck4ever

Post by puck4ever » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:08 am

why be a smart ass and say that? <br> <br> 1. i dont care if a band, orchestra, choir, or soloist is performing, let them do it!!!<br> and<br> 2. the star spangled banner isn't about having fun. it is about recognizing the sacrifices made by those that served our country and protected our freedom for so many years.<br><br>so grow up and refrain from childish posts on here that make an attempt to degrade others. <p></p><i></i>

SpudsPUCKemUP

Post by SpudsPUCKemUP » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:15 am

Yeah so,Im sure parents of sons and daughters who have been killed or are serivicing over in iraq and the world have a lil more cred to what they want to do during the national anthem over the person or band doin it which includes singing along with it, theyre americans to you know.. <br><br>and the FUN part, i was talkin havin fun in sex cheers. it is a high school driven event not some old folks cook out. of course its gonna be invovled with sex some kind of way. just a bunch of pimple faced kids having a blast away from the books on a friday and saturday night. what do you suggest you chant..Raw raw go spuds? yeah that'll suck out the fun out of the arena. seriously. look at yourself. do you honestly think that 8 year old kid infront of you is traumitized for the rest of its life? If so i feel sorry for whoever has to live under ur strict rules. have a good life hitler. <p></p><i></i>