Gopher state?????

minnesotaman

Gopher state?????

Post by minnesotaman »

what do people think about gopher state tournament??? <p></p><i></i>
Hockeyfever

Re: Gopher state?????

Post by Hockeyfever »

I think that it is poorly planned this year being on the same weekend as Select 16/17 try-outs for several sections around the state. <p></p><i></i>
RochHockeyDad

Gopher State and Advanced U16 and U17

Post by RochHockeyDad »

Hockeyfever,<br><br>which sections are having tryouts this week/weekend? which age groups? <p></p><i></i>
winner62

hmmmm

Post by winner62 »

my ten yr old boy was playing at the schwans super rink last night and i was pleasently surprised to see the gopher state festival out their also i watch the black team play a blue team both teams were very good i happened to see alot of good players their by looking at the rosters but no one was their <br><br>good players form the roster<br><br>grun roth hanson galloway fulton faust van gilder bergeron arragoni and many others such as both follmers leathers <p></p><i></i>
Hockeyfever

Re: hmmmm

Post by Hockeyfever »

Section 8 is having their Select 16/17's tryouts this weekend in moorhead which confilicts with the Gopher state Festival. That is the only conflicting section that i am aware of right now <p></p><i></i>
skinny1111

Gopher State ????

Post by skinny1111 »

What is Gopher State about? <br> Is it like Selects for High School?<br> How long has it been around? <br> Is it open to the public?<br> Is it all played in Blaine?<br><br> Thanks for your help! <p></p><i></i>
powerplay009

Re: Gopher State ????

Post by powerplay009 »

I think the Gopher State needs to do more of getting its name out and waht the tournament is all about...and getting more kids to the tryouts and let it be better known through out the state because this could be a very good tournament i think if they put a little more time into it<br> <p></p><i></i>
RochHockeyDad

Gopher State Festival

Post by RochHockeyDad »

One tournament for juniors and another for sophomores/freshmen. Four teams on each; north, south, east and west. Round robin then one playoff game. Coached by USHL coaches who rotate to the four different teams.<br><br>Purpose is to allow junior teams, et al to have a look at some of the best high school players<br><br>Players, I believe, are picked by several folks who watch HS games throughout the year. There are no tryouts. One practice the week of the tournament.<br><br>So far, lots of scoring and good play. No too physical though.<br><br>Open to the public for usual entrance fee. <p></p><i></i>
skinny1111

Gopher State????

Post by skinny1111 »

Rochhockeydad thanks for your help!<br> Sounds like good players and good games. <p></p><i></i>
powerplay009

Re: Gopher State????

Post by powerplay009 »

thanks rochhockeydad for clearing that up i guess i really didnt know waht it was all about and was kind of curious sounds like a fun tournament to watch <p></p><i></i>
boblee

Re: Gopher State????

Post by boblee »

Any updates on the games? <p><br><br>_________________<br><br>BOB</p><i></i>