Tyler Hirsch puts on an interesting after show.

FreeAGENT

Tyler Hirsch puts on an interesting after show.

Post by FreeAGENT » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:52 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>CONCERNS RAISED ABOUT HIRSCH AFTER STRANGE <br>POSTGAME DISPLAY<br><br>Minnesota team officials were equal parts concerned and tight-lipped after leading scorer Tyler Hirsch put on a strange display after his team’s 3-0 loss to Colorado College. After the teams shook hands and left the ice, with fans filing out of the building, Hirsch stayed at center ice, in full uniform, and asked for a puck.<br><br>After an on-ice official handed him a puck, Hirsch asked rink maintenance men to shut the Zamboni doors, then did something akin to an empty-net penalty shot. Hirsch skated from center ice toward the empty net, fired a slap shot from between the circles (it went in) then barreled full speed into the goal, knocking the net against the end boards and landing with a hard crash.<br><br>Hirsch then skated back to center ice, left his stick on the red line, and skated off the ice, with Gopher assistant coaches waving for him to get off the rink.<br><br>Asked if he could explain what Hirsch had done and why he had done it after the game, Minnesota coach Don Lucia answered, “No.”<br><br>“That was bizarre,” said Lucia. “Let’s just leave it at that.”<br><br>Asked if Hirsch had been hurt while crashing into the boards, Lucia responded, “Not physically.”<br><br>Several reporters asked to speak with Hirsch, but were denied access to the Minnesota locker room by the team.<br><br>“We’re not going to make him available,” said Minnesota team spokesman Kevin Kurtt. “He’s obviously dealing with some issues, so the coaches have asked that you respect his privacy for now.”<br><br>No word as to whether Hirsch will be in the Minnesota lineup on Saturday.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Anyone else see this?<br>Hirsch is a great skater, and it's too bad that he is dealing with issues at this point.<br> <p></p><i></i>

mnhockfan23

Re: Tyler Hirsch puts on an interesting after show.

Post by mnhockfan23 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:59 pm

i didnt know much about him before this thread...and after reading the article i am intrigued. he sounds really cool and the way he showed his frustration was brilliant and cool, easily my new hero <p></p><i></i>

EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:01 pm

Thread in the cafe <p>Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls</p><i></i>

mnhockfan23

Post by mnhockfan23 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:09 pm

just saw it <p></p><i></i>