MODEL CAMP U of M

NPGandyDancer

MODEL CAMP U of M

Post by NPGandyDancer » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:54 am

anyone heard of the final list of skaters accepted in don's model camp? i believe camp begins in june. <p></p><i></i>

RochHockeyDad

Re: MODEL CAMP U of M

Post by RochHockeyDad » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:26 pm

The application deadline was April 15 and the men's camp is June 13-19. I have no idea when skaters find out when they accepted. Maybe someone else can shed some light on that. <p></p><i></i>

GNHogger

Post by GNHogger » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:01 pm

i've heard lucia is accepting skaters deposits...so that means a final roster is due out shortly. <p></p><i></i>

hcky884

MODEL CAMP U of M

Post by hcky884 » Thu May 05, 2005 9:26 am

Anybody have any idea when the rosters are going to be sent ou?? <p></p><i></i>

NPGandyDancer

Post by NPGandyDancer » Thu May 05, 2005 11:20 am

hcky884. maybe puckhead63 has seen it? should be interesting to scan. also, is the canadian prospect selection, i believe held last weekend, tied into the model camp in any way shape or form? <p></p><i></i>

Roofusstoofuss

Post by Roofusstoofuss » Mon May 09, 2005 4:57 pm

if you recieved a letter from them that said they have been notified from their staff that you should sign up does that usually mean your in or do they send them out frequently? anyone else get one??? cuz I havnt heard anythign either<br> <p></p><i></i>

pokecheck

Post by pokecheck » Mon May 09, 2005 8:55 pm

The camp follows some NCAA rules for equal opportunity and all participants must register by mail and are accepted on first come first served basis. So if you got an invite and put your check in the mail the next day you should have a good chance of hearing which team you will be on. If you have seen the participants in the past you will see that the Wayzata, Plymouth, Breck ,and Blake post offices have some really good service. <p></p><i></i>

hcky884

MODEL CAMP U of M

Post by hcky884 » Tue May 17, 2005 11:45 am

Anybody have any list of teams?? Heard some rejection letters were received yesterday <p></p><i></i>

hcky884

MODEL CAMP U of M

Post by hcky884 » Tue May 17, 2005 12:33 pm

Here is one list of players for Model CampName<br> High School<br> POS<br> <br>Zach Faust<br> White Bear<br> G<br> <br>Nick Kellogg<br> Andover<br> G<br> <br>Caleb Wolfgram<br> White Bear<br> D<br> <br>Zach Hansen<br> White Bear<br> D<br> <br>Tom Kleidon<br> White Bear<br> D<br> <br>Mitch Carlson<br> St Louis Park<br> D<br> <br>Tyler Pederson<br> St Louis Park<br> D<br> <br>Ken Olson<br> Hastings<br> D<br> <br>David Grun<br> White Bear<br> F<br> <br>Tony Roth<br> White Bear<br> F<br> <br>Kyle Tice<br> East Grand Forks<br> F<br> <br>Will McLean<br> Duluth East<br> F<br> <br>Brandon Brinkman<br> St. Louis Park<br> F<br> <br>Kevin Mahoney<br> Duluth Marshall<br> F<br> <br>Jake Mellem<br> Andover<br> F<br> <br>Levi Goeden<br> Park Rapids<br> F<br> <br>Jerad Stewart<br> Hastings<br> F<br> <br>Tyler Johnson<br> White Bear<br> F<br> <br> <p></p><i></i>

hcky884

MODEL CAMP U of M

Post by hcky884 » Tue May 17, 2005 1:51 pm

Team #4<br>Tyler Potts G Warroad<br>Rob Kreuser G Chaska<br>Ben Youds D Maple Grove<br>Brandon Graffunder D Totino Grace<br>Matt Letourneau D Duluth Marshall<br>Anthony Palma D Centennial<br>Paul Bigaouette D Chaska<br>Jake Bauer D Champlin<br>Jordan VanGilder F Centennial<br>Kyle Mattson F Maple Grove<br>Travis Peckskamp F Sauk Rapids<br>Brandon Brodhag F Champlin Park<br>Bryan Giordano F Chaska<br>Nick Klenow F Fargo North<br>Addison DeBoer F Spring Lake Park<br>Andrew Ritts F Duluth Marshall<br>Ian Guzzo F Two Harbors<br>Trent Frey F River Ralls<br> <p></p><i></i>

DuluthEastHockeydotCom

Post by DuluthEastHockeydotCom » Wed May 18, 2005 6:12 pm

Team #5<br><br>Ben Leis - G - Duluth East<br>Joe Dawson - G - Hill Murray<br>Gabe Guebtzel - D - HillMurray<br>Billy Leier - D - Hill Murray<br>Brian Downing - D - Duluth East<br>Jared Smith - D - Grand Rapids<br>Derek Holmberg - D - North St Paul<br>Blake Kessel - D - Madison Capitals<br>Nick Larson - F - Hill Murray<br>Bryant Skarda - F - Hill Murray<br>Mike Hoeffel - F - Hill Murray<br>Patrick White - F - Grand Rapids<br>Ben Arnt - F - North St Paul<br>Jonathan Meyers - F - Eden Prairie<br>Kyle Wellliver - F - Grand Rapids<br>Tony McDonald - F - Totino Grace<br>Loren Egan - F - Totino Grace<br>John Kruse - F - Eden Prairie <p></p><i></i>

JLS 81

What is the cut?

Post by JLS 81 » Wed May 18, 2005 6:35 pm

DuluthEastHockeydotCom,<br>How do you make the cut for this camp. Is it just like any other camp...just send in your check to get a spot or do kids have to be invited? <p></p><i></i>

wild77

Re: What is the cut?

Post by wild77 » Thu May 19, 2005 4:12 am

kids get invited <p></p><i></i>

JLS 81

Thanks

Post by JLS 81 » Thu May 19, 2005 7:01 am

wild77,<br>Curious how Kyle Welliver get invited over a kid like Joe Stejskal. No disrespect on young Welliver as he is a "Charlie Hustle" type, it is just that so far as impact players for Rapids I thought Stejskal was pretty solid stay at home type of player. Maybe defensive defensemen are a thing of the past?! <p></p><i></i>

Iceburg88

Re: Stejskal

Post by Iceburg88 » Thu May 19, 2005 7:55 am

All the rosters haven't been posted yet. All the Grand Rapids players aren't neccesarily on one team. Keep those rosters coming <p></p><i></i>

outdoorrink

Re: Stejskal

Post by outdoorrink » Thu May 19, 2005 8:17 am

Stejskal is on a team. There are 12 in all and anyone can send in an application for the MODEL Camp. The form was in Let's Play Hockey earlier this year. The Gopher coaches would be in NCAA violation if they cherry picked all the kids in the camp. They are not allowed to recruit any younger players until the fall of their junior year. <p></p><i></i>

wild77

Re: Thanks

Post by wild77 » Thu May 19, 2005 8:48 am

I really can't disagree with you on that although one is a forward and one is a defensman. Perhaps Joe fell done the list of defenseman more than Kyle did for forwards. Wasn't Kyle hurt for the semis last year? Sometimes, if one kid has a place to stay in the Twin Cities he may be taken before a kid that is requiring room and board. I do not know how each one answered that question on their application. <br>This is the kind of thing that can really aggravate me. This particular camp, the elite league, and some other camps really depend upon coaches recommending kids. If the kids want to participate they have to make it known to their coaches BEFORE the state tournament so the coach can start the lobbying. I really feel some coaches do a MUCH better job than other coaches in promoting their kids into these types of programs. In this particular situation the coach may not have promoted either and he let the chips fall where they may.<br>I know many don't like these camps because they are pay to play programs. But they do exist and they DO draw interest from college coaches, junior coaches, and other scouts. IMO, some coaches need to sit kids down at the BEGINNING of the season and ask a few simple questions. Such as<br>1. Do any of you want to play hockey past High school?<br>2. What are you willing to do to make the next level?<br>3. Are you willing to spend some money and go to camps where scouts are known to frequent?<br>I know I am going to get some hate mail, but it is IMO. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p074.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... >wild77</A> at: 5/19/05 8:50 am<br></i>

shutout

Date?

Post by shutout » Sat May 21, 2005 1:57 pm

Can anyone tell me the dates of the model camp? <p></p><i></i>

littlebrodeur2907

Dates

Post by littlebrodeur2907 » Sat May 21, 2005 3:31 pm

Monday June 13th-Sunday June 19th <p></p><i></i>

outdoorrink

ROSTERS

Post by outdoorrink » Sat May 21, 2005 6:36 pm

I would sure like to see more of the rosters posted. Thanks <p></p><i></i>

littlebrodeur2907

Team #8

Post by littlebrodeur2907 » Sat May 21, 2005 8:02 pm

Team #8<br>G Ben Hause~Cretin-DH<br>G Aaron Kolquist~Hermantown<br>D Joe Bonfe~Cretin-DH<br>D Chris Student~Benilde-SM<br>D Ryan McDonagh~Cretin-DH<br>D Jake Gullickson~Rochester Lourdes<br>D Chris KoPelke~Moundsview<br>F Dominic Pitera~Cretin-DH<br>F Chris Hickey~Cretin-DH<br>F Anthony DeCenzo~Hibbing<br>F Tyler Thompson~Benilde-SM<br>F Devin Nitzkorski~Moorhead<br>F Brandon Bahnemann~Rochester Lourdes<br>F Zack Owen~Rochester Lourdes<br>F TJ Dimke~Moundsview<br>F Joe Burkhart~St. Paul Johnson<br>F John Schmidt~St. Paul Johnson <p></p><i></i>

hckyprep09

Re: Team #8

Post by hckyprep09 » Sun May 22, 2005 8:00 pm

team 11<br>g<br>Alex hess st.cloud cath.<br>andrew foreman hopkins<br>d<br>matt crandell st. cloud cath<br>cameron cooper holy angels<br>colin trachsel duluth east<br>joe hartman st.cloud apollo<br>alex fong wayzata<br>matt mildenberge wayzata<br>f<br>matt nordhagen trf<br>robby phillip trf<br>brad wieck roseville<br>mike dorr roseville<br>mike louwerse blake <br>chris murray blake<br>james leathers blake<br>tony lucia wayzata<br>joe miller wayzata<br>david mcmahon mounds view <p></p><i></i>

RochHockeyDad

Post by RochHockeyDad » Mon May 23, 2005 12:36 pm

Jake Gullickson doesnt go to Lourdes unless he is transferring. Andrew Forliti from Rochester Lourdes is on team 8 as well. <p></p><i></i>

jla93

Post by jla93 » Mon May 23, 2005 1:27 pm

Jake Gullickson goes to Holy Angels <p></p><i></i>

Iceburg88

Seven more

Post by Iceburg88 » Tue May 24, 2005 4:49 pm

Any more rosters hiding out there? <p></p><i></i>