#1 in 7AA

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will be the #1 seed for the 7AA playoffs?

Duluth East
35%
Cloquet
57%
Someone else?
8%

Total votes: 65

Syd Barrett

Post by Syd Barrett »

Frequent_MN_Flyer wrote:Syd, what's up with the liar emoticon?
You earned that on some previous posts :idea:

Syd 8)
Frequent_MN_Flyer

Post by Frequent_MN_Flyer »

Syd Barrett wrote:
Frequent_MN_Flyer wrote:Syd, what's up with the liar emoticon?
You earned that on some previous posts :idea:

Syd 8)
Like????
Morris Wanchuk

Post by Morris Wanchuk »

GetaDayJob wrote:The meeting is on Feb 14 V-day. It will be at Tobies this year not the bowling alley. Couple key games yet to determine 4-6 seedings.
You guys are meeting at toby's? Look for Barnyard to get a higher seed! :lol:

Does it matter how Barnyard plays against Merehead?

:wink:
northwoods oldtimer

East

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

It does not matter where any team ends up East is just too good to be stopped in 7AA. Randolph, no need to work the pound puppies for sections, just book your trip to St. Paul and overlook clubs like ER, CEC and GR(3-22-1). None of these clubs can beat you on your home ice anyway. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Re: East

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

northwoods oldtimer wrote:It does not matter where any team ends up East is just too good to be stopped in 7AA. Randolph, no need to work the pound puppies for sections, just book your trip to St. Paul and overlook clubs like ER, CEC and GR(3-22-1). None of these clubs can beat you on your home ice anyway. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Very true the final game should be in hibbing or st.cloud or the little ralph or anoka spors center
BIAFP

Re: East

Post by BIAFP »

northwoods oldtimer wrote:It does not matter where any team ends up East is just too good to be stopped in 7AA. Randolph, no need to work the pound puppies for sections, just book your trip to St. Paul and overlook clubs like ER, CEC and GR(3-22-1). None of these clubs can beat you on your home ice anyway. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
The only team with a chance to beat East in sections is CEC. The others are just pretenders :lol:
gr19

Post by gr19 »

northwoods oldtimer is right, just crown the Hounds now. CEC won't beat them in the playoffs without TJ and Roe, Rapids is too inconsistent. Elk River, maybe. If I were a Duluth East fan I'd be buying my state tickets and booking my St. Paul hotel right now, if not a week or two ago. Season is over for everyone else.
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

[quote="GR19"]northwoods oldtimer is right, just crown the Hounds now. CEC won't beat them in the playoffs without TJ and Roe, Rapids is too inconsistent. Elk River, maybe. If I were a Duluth East fan I'd be buying my state tickets and booking my St. Paul hotel right now, if not a week or two ago. Season is over for everyone else.[/quO
Very true rapids has only played 1 decent game all year no way the can play 3 straight top teams,to many problems,very inconsistent.The goalie is very shakey not mentally in the game.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

PASTRAPIDSFAN wrote:
GR19 wrote:northwoods oldtimer is right, just crown the Hounds now. CEC won't beat them in the playoffs without TJ and Roe, Rapids is too inconsistent. Elk River, maybe. If I were a Duluth East fan I'd be buying my state tickets and booking my St. Paul hotel right now, if not a week or two ago. Season is over for everyone else.[/quO
Very true rapids has only played 1 decent game all year no way the can play 3 straight top teams,to many problems,very inconsistent.The goalie is very shakey not mentally in the game.
You know, you guys are taking the wind right out of the Rapids bashers' sails, don't you? Image

But if this is an attempt at the Reverse Jinx, the Hockey Gods are not amused. :lol:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Lee, what are you talking about?
I thought it was very funny.

They amused me, so maybe I will allow a repeat.
:)
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

elliott70 wrote:Lee, what are you talking about?
I thought it was very funny.

They amused me, so maybe I will allow a repeat.
:)
Almost as funny as you calling them "Laurie's Boys". That actually made me throw up into my mouth a bit. :lol:

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Yeah, I figured you were the only one that would pick up on that.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

elliott70 wrote:Yeah, I figured you were the only one that would pick up on that.
I more or less assumed it was put out there for me, anyway, since I can't seem to get over myself in the first place. :P

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

PASTRAPIDSFAN wrote:
GR19 wrote:northwoods oldtimer is right, just crown the Hounds now. CEC won't beat them in the playoffs without TJ and Roe, Rapids is too inconsistent. Elk River, maybe. If I were a Duluth East fan I'd be buying my state tickets and booking my St. Paul hotel right now, if not a week or two ago. Season is over for everyone else.[/quO
Oh well, maybe the crappies are bitin'. :idea:
top_shelf

Post by top_shelf »

They should have just played continuous overtimes until one of East or CEC won on 2/6! Then have that team just practice up until the trip to state. No need in playing the 8 other games.
quickgym guy

Post by quickgym guy »

top_shelf wrote:They should have just played continuous overtimes until one of East or CEC won on 2/6! Then have that team just practice up until the trip to state. No need in playing the 8 other games.
Yeah teams like "The Barnyard Boys" that these teams will pound in the regular season & playoffs...
top_shelf

Post by top_shelf »

quickgym guy wrote:
top_shelf wrote:They should have just played continuous overtimes until one of East or CEC won on 2/6! Then have that team just practice up until the trip to state. No need in playing the 8 other games.
Yeah teams like "The Barnyard Boys" that these teams will pound in the regular season & playoffs...
Yea you know that 3-2 game on 1/2 was a real pounding. I think Snider's neck is still red from his burn for the red light, after his 32 save performance. (remember when you said that before the last game)
quickgym guy

Post by quickgym guy »

top_shelf wrote:
quickgym guy wrote:
Yea you know that 3-2 game on 1/2 was a real pounding. I think Snider's neck is still red from his burn for the red light, after his 32 save performance. (remember when you said that before the last game)
The CEC boys had an off night...
top_shelf

Post by top_shelf »

quickgym guy wrote:
top_shelf wrote:
quickgym guy wrote: Yeah teams like "The Barnyard Boys" that these teams will pound in the regular season & playoffs...
Really?:-({|= MAYBE you can for once, just once, give credit where credit is due?](*,) Maybe Brainerd's first line (+2) outplayed CEC first line (-2). Ever thought of that? #5's line truely shut down TJ's line. \:D/
quickgym guy

Post by quickgym guy »

top_shelf wrote:
quickgym guy wrote:
top_shelf wrote: Yea you know that 3-2 game on 1/2 was a real pounding. I think Snider's neck is still red from his burn for the red light, after his 32 save performance. (remember when you said that before the last game)
Really?:-({|= MAYBE you can for once, just once, give credit where credit is due?](*,) Maybe Brainerd's first line (+2) outplayed CEC first line (-2). Ever thought of that? #5's line truely shut down TJ's line. \:D/
Doesn't say a whole lot for Brainerd's 2nd & 3rd lines... (-3) to (+3)
quickgym guy

Post by quickgym guy »

quickgym guy wrote:
top_shelf wrote:
quickgym guy wrote: The CEC boys had an off night...
FYI top_elf, one on Brainerd's goals was a pp. TJ's line was (-1)
Syd Barrett

Post by Syd Barrett »

quickgym guy wrote:
quickgym guy wrote:
top_shelf wrote: Really?:-({|= MAYBE you can for once, just once, give credit where credit is due?](*,) Maybe Brainerd's first line (+2) outplayed CEC first line (-2). Ever thought of that? #5's line truely shut down TJ's line. \:D/
FYI top_elf, one on Brainerd's goals was a pp. TJ's line was (-1)
Sounds like youz two are having a romantic interlude :roll:

Syd 8)
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

Don't be takin' my prom date :twisted: .

And top_elf Image you should know by now that final score is the only thing that matters. +/- means nothing when they crown the Champs

Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
riverskater

Post by riverskater »

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:Don't be takin' my prom date :twisted: .

And top_elf Image you should know by now that final score is the only thing that matters. +/- means nothing when they crown the Champs

+/- is why they "crown the Champs"
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

Why? Your team could be -2 in the game and still win the championship.

Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls