Duluth EAST vs Stillwater Feb 10 @DECC 7:00

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins......

EAST GREYHOUNDS
86%
Stillwater
14%

Total votes: 28

dulutheastfan

Duluth EAST vs Stillwater Feb 10 @DECC 7:00

Post by dulutheastfan »

Who wins

EAST-5
Stillwater-1

Lets GO HOUNDS!!!!!! :)
dulutheastfan

Post by dulutheastfan »

back home will be a good thing for them too
boblee

Post by boblee »

East will have their way...4-0
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

East 4-2
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

Duluth East 4-1
dulutheastfan

Post by dulutheastfan »

lets go hounds
DFORCE10

Post by DFORCE10 »

East by atleast 2
Hockey Shananigans

Post by Hockey Shananigans »

East - 4

Stillwater - 1
eazy1415

Post by eazy1415 »

Duluth East 4

Stillwater 3
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

I guess I was under the impression that Stillwater was having a better season than the .500 record they currently have. Was a bit surprised to see that. Still, I give East the edge by a single goal. If Cloquet loses to Stillwater tonight, this game increases in importance and really becomes important to East if Cloquet loses to Brainerd tomorrow.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
hckyfan2315

Post by hckyfan2315 »

East by a few

Stillwater is way too inconsistant
gr19

Post by gr19 »

east hockey wrote:I guess I was under the impression that Stillwater was having a better season than the .500 record they currently have. Was a bit surprised to see that. Still, I give East the edge by a single goal. If Cloquet loses to Stillwater tonight, this game increases in importance and really becomes important to East if Cloquet loses to Brainerd tomorrow.

Lee
If CEC loses to Brainerd I think East is #1 and Rapids is #2. A big mess 3-6.
MajinHockey

Post by MajinHockey »

If CEC loses to Brainerd, they're still the #2 seed. End of story.
woody22

Post by woody22 »

East 4

Stillwater 2
gr19

Post by gr19 »

MajinHockey wrote:If CEC loses to Brainerd, they're still the #2 seed. End of story.
If CEC loses to Brainerd they don't deserve to be in the top 2, END OF STORY!!!!!

GR 2
CEC 0

END OF DISCUSSION, GO HOME!
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

MajinHockey wrote:If CEC loses to Brainerd, they're still the #2 seed. End of story.
If they lose to Brainerd:

Head to head, they split, Cloquet is +1 in those two games but Rapids won the more recent one; edge to neither.

Section 7AA shows Cloquet (5-2-1) and Grand Rapids (3-2-1); edge to Cloquet

Common opponents shows Cloquet (5-2-1) and Grand Rapids (2-2-3); edge to Cloquet

Now here is the question I don't have the answer to...how much importance will the coaches place on more recent games? The momentum factor? Let's say that Cloquet does lose to Brainerd tomorrow. This makes them 4-4-2 in their last ten. Grand Rapids is 7-1-2. This give a big edge to Grand Rapids, but it's only important if the coaches place importance on it.

Another factor; will the coaches be thinking about Johnson and Roe being out for the season? It shouldn't, at least in my mind, but again, it's tough to get inside the coaches' heads.

One more thing to consider but probably means nothing; remember what Esse said about East being the top seed last year after they lost to Rapids in the 7AA final? Ummmm.....nevermind. I won't go there. :lol:

As Chris K would say, it could be a real conundrum by the time we get to the coaches meeting. Fun stuff, though. You gotta love this time of year.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
MajinHockey

Post by MajinHockey »

GR19 wrote:
If CEC loses to Brainerd they don't deserve to be in the top 2, END OF STORY!!!!!

GR 2
CEC 0

Seriously? I thought you liked to think deeper than that. Here's the real story. Heads up, CEC and GR are 1-1, with CEC winning the GA 4-3. Against common opponents it stacks up this way, CEC 5-1-1, and GR 2-2-3. Here's the breakdown.

East: CEC = 1-0-1 with a GA of 3-2, GR = 0-1 with a GA of 1-5
FL: CEC = 1-0 with a GA of 6-2, GR = 1-0 with a GA of 4-3
Virg: CEC = 1-0 with a GA of 6-3, GR = 1-0 with a GA of 5-4
Brain: CEC = 1-0 with a GA of 3-2, GR = 0-0-1 with a GA of 2-2
Edina: CEC = 0-1 with a GA of 2-3, GR = 0-1 with a GA of 3-4
Hibbing: CEC = 1-0 with a GA of 3-1, GR =0-0-2 with a GA of 6-6

Final score, CEC 5-1-1 with a GA of 23-13, and GR 2-2-3 with a GA of 21-24.
Last edited by MajinHockey on Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ilovehockey15

Post by ilovehockey15 »

GR19 wrote:

GR 2
CEC 0

No offense or anything, but you are a dumbass.
Closer game now because of Stillwater's romping on Cloquet. 4-3 Ponies.
gr19

Post by gr19 »

east hockey wrote:
If they lose to Brainerd:

Head to head, they split, Cloquet is +1 in those two games but Rapids won the more recent one; edge to neither.

Section 7AA shows Cloquet (5-2-1) and Grand Rapids (3-2-1); edge to Cloquet

Common opponents shows Cloquet (5-2-1) and Grand Rapids (2-2-3); edge to Cloquet

Now here is the question I don't have the answer to...how much importance will the coaches place on more recent games? The momentum factor? Let's say that Cloquet does lose to Brainerd tomorrow. This makes them 4-4-2 in their last ten. Grand Rapids is 7-1-2. This give a big edge to Grand Rapids, but it's only important if the coaches place importance on it.

Another factor; will the coaches be thinking about Johnson and Roe being out for the season? It shouldn't, at least in my mind, but again, it's tough to get inside the coaches' heads.

One more thing to consider but probably means nothing; remember what Esse said about East being the top seed last year after they lost to Rapids in the 7AA final? Ummmm.....nevermind. I won't go there. :lol:

As Chris K would say, it could be a real conundrum by the time we get to the coaches meeting. Fun stuff, though. You gotta love this time of year.

Lee
Awesome breakdown Lee. I am thinking the coaches emphasize recent games, what have you done lately. I also think that Rapids might get a favor this year, because of what you remember about what Esse said. I'm sure Dave was thinking if his squad went 5-1 in the section and got the 2 seed he would have been irate. All in all, I think each coach votes his own way, I really don't think there is a set standard to go by. I'm just fairly certain they go more by the trends in recent weeks. If it was statistical, then yeah, CEC in the top 2, not what I think they go by though.
Mr. Bo Dangles

Post by Mr. Bo Dangles »

I don't think they put any stake in how they finish. They have to look at the season as a whole. or all teams would play teams on Little Fall's schedule the last 3 weeks. Cloquet is 2 for sure if not 1. east takes the other spot, GR is 3. 4-6 who the hell knows, 7-10 who the hell cares.
gr19

Post by gr19 »

Mr. Bo Dangles wrote:I don't think they put any stake in how they finish. .
In recent years that statement has proven 100% inaccurate. How teams are doing down the stretch is VERY important.
MajinHockey

Post by MajinHockey »

Mr. Bo Dangles wrote:I don't think they put any stake in how they finish. They have to look at the season as a whole. or all teams would play teams on Little Fall's schedule the last 3 weeks. Cloquet is 2 for sure if not 1. east takes the other spot, GR is 3. 4-6 who the hell knows, 7-10 who the hell cares.
Agree with B-Dizzle. You do look at the season as a whole. But, I also sadly must agree with GR19 in some regard :roll: but only in that how a team is finishing is probably a better indicator of how they will do in the sections. Remember, this is one game, CEC could just as easily finish 20-3-2.
gr19

Post by gr19 »

MajinHockey wrote:
Mr. Bo Dangles wrote:I don't think they put any stake in how they finish. They have to look at the season as a whole. or all teams would play teams on Little Fall's schedule the last 3 weeks. Cloquet is 2 for sure if not 1. east takes the other spot, GR is 3. 4-6 who the hell knows, 7-10 who the hell cares.
Agree with B-Dizzle. You do look at the season as a whole. But, I also sadly must agree with GR19 in some regard :roll: but only in that how a team is finishing is probably a better indicator of how they will do in the sections. Remember, this is one game, CEC could just as easily finish 20-3-2.
All in all the seeds really don't matter and should be the last thing on Cloquet's mind. The Jacks should be focused on what they need to do to get back on track, because right now East, Rapids, and Elk River are all playing pretty good hockey.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

I think East smells blood in the water.
Hounds 6
Still 1
casualfan

Post by casualfan »

Lee is TJ out for year?