Grand Rapids vs Duluth East Semi Final

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Section 7AA semifinal

Duluth East
50%
Grand Rapids
50%

Total votes: 84

dherman8

Post by dherman8 »

BIAFP wrote:The question really is not who will win as it is obvious that it will be East. The only real question is can Rapids keep it somewhat of a game or will it be a total blowout? :roll:
I predict OT considering Rapids goes to OT with everybody. How many OTs do they have? Four or five?

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Frequent_MN_Flyer

Re: east

Post by Frequent_MN_Flyer »

Topperhock69 wrote:i gotta go with east on this one... after seeing how Rapids' defense crumbles under the pressure of a strong offense... much like that of Duluth East, i have a hard time thinking that they can win this game... also i am not very impressed with Pat White this season, although he is a Mr. Hockey finalist, he hasn't been playing as well as he has in the past, and if i recall he had the only goal in the first defeat against east with about 10 seconds left in the game.. that is a time in the game where the opposing teams knows they will win and just kind of stop caring... not very impressive there champ. As for the offense of GR, they lack a depth of speed and skill with the puck, they do handle the puck well in the zone but they cannot get the shots they need, and breakaways usually fail against a strong defense such as that of Duluth East, as GR will often just cross into the zone and either get pinched into the boards or have the puck knocked away and back down into there zone... I'm going with East: 5 GR: 2
Wow, so this is what it feels like to be defending champs! Keep the smack coming cake. :lol:
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Frequent_MN_Flyer wrote:
Topperhock69 wrote:i gotta go with east on this one... after seeing how Rapids' defense crumbles under the pressure of a strong offense... much like that of Duluth East, i have a hard time thinking that they can win this game... also i am not very impressed with Pat White this season, although he is a Mr. Hockey finalist, he hasn't been playing as well as he has in the past, and if i recall he had the only goal in the first defeat against east with about 10 seconds left in the game.. that is a time in the game where the opposing teams knows they will win and just kind of stop caring... not very impressive there champ. As for the offense of GR, they lack a depth of speed and skill with the puck, they do handle the puck well in the zone but they cannot get the shots they need, and breakaways usually fail against a strong defense such as that of Duluth East, as GR will often just cross into the zone and either get pinched into the boards or have the puck knocked away and back down into there zone... I'm going with East: 5 GR: 2
Wow, so this is what it feels like to be defending champs! Keep the smack coming cake. :lol:
Kind of an unfamiliar feeling, isn't it? :P

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Frequent_MN_Flyer

No one worth mentioning eh? Food for the Halloween Machine!

Yeah, man...go to St. Mary's or something. :lol:
Frequent_MN_Flyer

east hockey wrote:
Frequent_MN_Flyer wrote:
Kind of an unfamiliar feeling, isn't it? :P

Lee
I'll drink to that. And I'll send you an Xcel post card when I get back to Anchorage. :wink:
udaman59

Post by udaman59 »

I am an avid hockey fan who sees a lot of panic in the eyes of Duluth East and their fans! :shock: They seem to be talking a lot smack about Grand Rapids not being able to give them a game. I think they are counting their Thunderchikens before they hatch. Cloquet may be on their minds and that is good for the Grand Rapids faithful. East is like Edina, everyone loves to hate them, how did the wreath sales go this year? :twisted:
JLS 81

East

Post by JLS 81 »

East fans are jacked for this tilt! :P Overlooking an opponant is never a good thing but with Randolph at the helm you can afford your arrogance. :wink: At 3 and 22 the T-chicks just might surprise the Hound faithful as 3 and 23 just plain sounds one sided. :lol:
DFORCE10

Post by DFORCE10 »

Im sure no team is overlooking their opponent. The 4 teams left in that section are more than capable of taking it home.
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

DFORCE10 wrote:Im sure no team is overlooking their opponent. The 4 teams left in that section are more than capable of taking it home.
VERY TRUE
Carom Karma

Post by Carom Karma »

DFORCE10 wrote:Im sure no team is overlooking their opponent. The 4 teams left in that section are more than capable of taking it home.
Yeah, great point :!: No one is safe in this section with anyone of these top four seeds being more than capable of playing the spoiler. Although I don't see the Elks getting by Cloquet. GR will give DE a run, even though I still think DE will win this game.
Minnesota hockey, the sport of 10,000 memories.
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

The Thunderchickens will be polishing up their golf clubs by this time tomorrow :lol:
forecheck

Post by forecheck »

udaman59 wrote:I am an avid hockey fan who sees a lot of panic in the eyes of Duluth East and their fans! :shock: They seem to be talking a lot smack about Grand Rapids not being able to give them a game. I think they are counting their Thunderchikens before they hatch. Cloquet may be on their minds and that is good for the Grand Rapids faithful. East is like Edina, everyone loves to hate them, how did the wreath sales go this year? :twisted:

wreath sales went quite well, thanks for asking....what's your point? Successful programs (East/Edina etc.) generate jealousy.
northwoods oldtimer

Snow Day at the Saratoga

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

BIAFP is "not" taking the Thunderchickens lightly. :shock: Snow day predicted for Duluth, it looks like the Shady Bunch could get snowed in with the girls at the Saratoga bar! 8)
hipcheck

go Rapids

Post by hipcheck »

My heart is with Rapids.

Would love to see a Rapids vs Roseau re-match in the Tourney.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

Anyone know if this will be on warp radio?
Mnsportsguy1976

Post by Mnsportsguy1976 »

hipcheck Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:13 pm Post subject: go Rapids

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My heart is with Rapids.

Would love to see a Rapids vs Roseau re-match in the Tourney.

Do you really want to see the only two northern teams in the tourny knock one or the other right away? I would hope they we're on opposite sides of the bracket. In the finals would be fine though
boblee

Post by boblee »

After seeing a great set (5 to be exact) of girls games this week, it will be a great doubleheader tomorrow to get back in the boys flow. I just watched game #6 on the TV. #7 is about to start...I need to see a boys game.
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

boblee wrote:After seeing a great set (5 to be exact) of girls games this week, it will be a great doubleheader tomorrow to get back in the boys flow. I just watched game #6 on the TV. #7 is about to start...I need to see a boys game.
thats for sure lets pick the pace up and start hitting.
grindiangrad-80

I wish I could get to the Decc tommorrow. Way too busy at work. Should be two great games. I will have to check in here. Go Indians.
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

grindiangrad-80 wrote:I wish I could get to the Decc tommorrow. Way too busy at work. Should be two great games. I will have to check in here. Go Indians.
Hey I heard that the rapids team went to the eye doctor today to get green tint put in there eyes so the other team dont look like east.
grindiangrad-80

Hey, anything that works.
grindiangrad-80

forecheck wrote:
udaman59 wrote:I am an avid hockey fan who sees a lot of panic in the eyes of Duluth East and their fans! :shock: They seem to be talking a lot smack about Grand Rapids not being able to give them a game. I think they are counting their Thunderchikens before they hatch. Cloquet may be on their minds and that is good for the Grand Rapids faithful. East is like Edina, everyone loves to hate them, how did the wreath sales go this year? :twisted:

wreath sales went quite well, thanks for asking....what's your point? Successful programs (East/Edina etc.) generate jealousy.
DE - 27-15 record at state 3 titles
GR - 27-12 record at state 3 titles

Edina- 50 wins and 9 titles

Are you sure you know your hockey history?
Zamboni Guy

Post by Zamboni Guy »

In this Section 7AA Semifinal at the DECC, I am going to go with...

Duluth East - 4
Grand Rapids - 3
Frequent_MN_Flyer

go rapids

this is jerods bro-
My hats off to randolph for getting east ready earlier in the season. east won hard fought games that looked alot bigger on the scoreboard. Jensen has not been as strong this year when I have watched him. he's my one biggest concern for rapids. East has certainly come together this season. if they keep to there game they should have a strong win, on the other hand if jenson steps up and covers rebounds he should be able to help White and morse get a few tallies. I expect rapids to step up big in this one simply because of tallent, and confidence from last years playoff run.
4-2 Indians with an empty neter
MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 »

2-1 East

4:26 left in 1st