Hermantown vs. Little Falls

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will win this game?

Hermantown
71%
Little Falls
29%

Total votes: 118

Carom Karma

Hermantown vs. Little Falls

Post by Carom Karma »

Lets here some thoughts on this games outcome!
Minnesota hockey, the sport of 10,000 memories.
boblee

post 7142

Post by boblee »

Hermantown has too much defense and goaltending...

H-Town 6
Little Falls 3
gopherhockey33

Post by gopherhockey33 »

who has little falls lost to?
boblee

post 7144

Post by boblee »

gopherhockey33 wrote:who has little falls lost to?
I know they lost to Morris/Benson 9-7 and Brainerd 5-4. Not sure who the other loss was.
Carom Karma

Re: post 7144

Post by Carom Karma »

boblee wrote:
gopherhockey33 wrote:who has little falls lost to?
I know they lost to Morris/Benson 9-7 and Brainerd 5-4. Not sure who the other loss was.
Virginia 7-3, I believe it was the first game of the season.
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

I'm going with the Flyers 6 - 4.
Carom Karma

Post by Carom Karma »

Mite-dad wrote:I'm going with the Flyers 6 - 4.
:shock: :lol:

If your Flyers score six on Hardy I will buy you a beer at the X :!: :twisted:

Not saying their isn't a chance they can win, but 6 goals on this defensive team is going to be extremely hard. :P
gatzke

Post by gatzke »

4-1 H-town, they have been dominant all season vs. A and AA both. I don't doubt that Little Falls has a great team, but Hermanville has the skill to run through the AA tourney if they so desired.
warriors07

Post by warriors07 »

Carom Karma wrote:

Not saying their isn't a chance they can win, but 6 goals on this defensive team is going to be extremely hard. :P
I see where you're coming from here.....but i hope you factor in that the 1st line of little falls has somewhere are 300 points.

I think this is going to be one heck of a quarterfinal game...and i think it's a tough draw for both teams
boblee

post 7151

Post by boblee »

gatzke wrote:4-1 H-town, they have been dominant all season vs. A and AA both. I don't doubt that Little Falls has a great team, but Hermanville has the skill to run through the AA tourney if they so desired.
I don't think they could "run through the AA tourney if they so desired."
Carom Karma

Post by Carom Karma »

warriors07 wrote:
Carom Karma wrote:

I see where you're coming from here.....but i hope you factor in that the 1st line of little falls has somewhere are 300 points.

I think this is going to be one heck of a quarterfinal game...and i think it's a tough draw for both teams
True, 300 points is a lot, but look at the teams... It's not that I have a lack of confidence in their scoring ability, but they will not be putting up 8,9, or 10 goal games at state, like they have against cake teams in their section unless they played AL maybe :P Sorry AL no offense! We will see what happens, I just hope the hawks play carries over into the tourny.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

"4-1 H-town, they have been dominant all season vs. A and AA both. I don't doubt that Little Falls has a great team, but Hermanville has the skill to run through the AA tourney if they so desired."

Yeah, all those huge wins over top (or more than 2 even) AA teams they racked up...
nikebauer_07

Post by nikebauer_07 »

If Hermantown keeps playing the way they have, they shouldn't have any problems.. They are very skilled on offense and defense.. they move the puck good.. and they have a strong goaltender on top of that. If they can shut down Little Falls first line, they shouldn't have any problems.

Hermantown 5
Little Falls 2
thieves

Post by thieves »

good luck jorge & jared of the flyers....remember wfo
Puckhead00

Post by Puckhead00 »

Warriors07, I would agree with you. This is a tough draw for BOTH teams. Hermantown and LF have seen each other in a scrimmage setting only.

Despite what some posters on this board believe, Festler and Company have been up against some very good goaltending over this year and have managed to score. Defensively if Hermantown begins to take penalties, it's over for them. Over the course of this year, if you look at how the majority of the games developed for LF, it was frequently a scoring frenzy after their opponents started to take penalties. This is a team than can take advantage of their opponents in this way.

I'll take the Flyers on this one, even though Hermantown is stronger defensively and in goal....that has been the situation for LF much of the year.
eazy1415

Post by eazy1415 »

Hermantown has to shut down that Festler line or it could be trouble.

Hermantown 5

Little Falls 3
bringiton22

Post by bringiton22 »

Who are these good goaltenders, and good defensive teams you speak of? LF has not seen anything close to the caliber of hockey Hermantown brings to the table. I could see this getting ugly. 6-1 Hawks.
MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 »

A lot of offense between these two teams. I wish Little Falls would've gotten Warroad or Duluth Marshall in the draw, but oh well.

Hermantown - 7
Little Falls - 4
gutcheck00

Post by gutcheck00 »

H-town WILL NOT be able to shut down the Festler,Hano, Hano line. They will have at least three goals. Jorgensen with the fourth on the powerplay. Watch for Hermantown to lose their first game of the year 4-3 OT with Festler sniping the hawks!
AK15

Post by AK15 »

If there was going to be an upset in the A Tourney this would be the game. LF has nothing to lose, tourney expierence, and enough talent to pull off the win. Hermantown obviously has the better overall team and should win this one, but if they aren't at the top of their game they lose. Interesting match-up should be fun.
fivehole628

Post by fivehole628 »

Hawks-5
Flyers-3
cooperalls4ever

Post by cooperalls4ever »

In regards to the following statements:

"I don't doubt that Little Falls has a great team, but Hermanville has the skill to run through the AA tourney if they so desired."

Yeah, all those huge wins over top (or more than 2 even) AA teams they racked up...

-----------
The regular season is over, sure H-town didn't have a AA schedule (ther're single A). Maybe they don't have that tough "grind". But the playoffs have started, they made it through without losing. LeBlanc seems to have stepped up his game significantly as with the rest of the team.

Oh, and weren't these the same Hermantown kids that took 3rd in state in Bantams? They very well could make a run in either A or AA tourneys. get over the scheduling issues... AA teams have turned down playing them.
dherman8

Post by dherman8 »

This was one of the worst case scenarios for LF to fall into. They have to play Hermantown who is a very good defensive team that can score and with the way Sperl has been playing in net for the Flyers, that may not be good. If Hermantown is able to get 30 or more shots on goal, this game will be a repeat of the LF/DM games the past couple of years. LF's defense is going to need to step up big and prevent that from happening otherwise this will become another laugher. Hermantown has proved they can shut down good offenses but I still think the top line from LF will score a couple.

Hermantown 6 LF 2
Snake Vigilante

cum ta grips wit realitiez boyz

Post by Snake Vigilante »

mah-self iz sorry b(_!_)tt dat witto hermanmunstertown ain't stand a chance 'gainst da flyerz frum witto fawlz.

wittle fawlz 8
hermunmunsterville 2

dis iz a prime
xample why da seed'in process ain't gonna werk!
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

H-town by 3-4 goals