St Thomas v. Orono

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:13 pm

Orono
41%
St Thomas
59%

Total votes: 76

State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

Crandell has an owie. his golcve came off and they said it is bleeding. Back now.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Has Oreno done the "we've got hooters" - "you've got mathrunner" chant yet?
deacon

Post by deacon »

this one is over.

who plays next?
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

STA 5
Orono 2

Final

James Sainty-player of the game
Irishmans Shanty

Post by Irishmans Shanty »

deacon wrote:this one is over.
Figuratively or Literally?
Hockey Shananigans

Post by Hockey Shananigans »

St Thomas - 5

Orono - 2

FINAL
deacon

Post by deacon »

i don't think the score depicts how much STA dominated this game at times.

Hats off to Peterson, he played really well. too bad his team couldn't back him up.
All-Conference

Post by All-Conference »

Saintey always an a eye for the net when he played for Rosemount last year but he's gotten a lot better and is one of the best players in this tournament. And Ryan Walters is the real deal. STA will be a hard team to beat in the state tourny! Rosemount would be playing in the state tournament if Walters and Saintey would have stayed!!!
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

Is STA enjoying the atmosphere of a 1/2 empty arena? Get some guts & move boys!
Teddy Dangles

Post by Teddy Dangles »

Do you mean this year or in the future. To say this year may be a little far fetched... Don't get me wrong, they are both very fine players, but to say that they WOULD be at the state tournament is far from the truth. They still would have had to beat AHA and Burnsville.
All-Conference

Post by All-Conference »

That is true. I guess "would" is a little to much but it would have helped thats for sure, those guys are some good hockey players that for sure!
Pioneerprideguy

Pioneerprideguy wrote:Is STA enjoying the atmosphere of a 1/2 empty arena? Get some guts & move up boys!
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:Is STA enjoying the atmosphere of a 1/2 empty arena? Get some guts & move up boys!
"Seedless" is a term I would use.
deacon

Post by deacon »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:
probably are since they are winning
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:

Wow, you just quoted yourself....

Hey, is HM enjoying splitting the conference title with a Class A team?
deacon

Post by deacon »

thestickler07 wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:

Wow, you just quoted yourself....

Hey, is HM enjoying splitting the conference title with a Class A team?

haha, this the best post i've seen
Hillfan

Post by Hillfan »

Well Hill-Murray is enjoying their time in "AA"! And they enjoyed beating Centennial and White Bear Lake in a tough section!

St. Thomas can have all the fun they want playing the small schools but I think it's about time they move up and try to really test their team...
mnhockey9009

Post by mnhockey9009 »

sure do talk alot of trash for losing to them.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Nobody here is saying St. Seedless doesn't have a good hockey team.
Hillfan

Post by Hillfan »

I said one thing and my opinion was that they should move up and truly test their team. How is that trash? It's a fact and should be done... :roll:
Pioneerprideguy

Not ripping the quality of STA's club...nice team. Just wish Vanelli/parents/administrators would get some balls and opt up to play Class AA. It is a night & day different atmosphere in that building when it is full vs 1/2 empty. It seems that STA is playing it safe & staying A and because of that, will never get the proper respect it may deserve. Hill is proud to play up & conversley, will enjoy a great experience tomorrow night...win/lose. STA remains in the shadow of Hill like Warroad remains in the shadow of Roseau.
ocanadaourhome

Post by ocanadaourhome »

Hillfan wrote:Well Hill-Murray is enjoying their time in "AA"! And they enjoyed beating Centennial and White Bear Lake in a tough section!

St. Thomas can have all the fun they want playing the small schools but I think it's about time they move up and try to really test their team...
I think they tested just find against your club, hillbilly.... but perhaps your not a true top 2A team....... :lol: :lol: :lol:
DemonHockey13

Post by DemonHockey13 »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:Not ripping the quality of STA's club...nice team. Just wish Vanelli/parents/administrators would get some balls and opt up to play Class AA. It is a night & day different atmosphere in that building when it is full vs 1/2 empty. It seems that STA is playing it safe & staying A and because of that, will never get the proper respect it may deserve. Hill is proud to play up & conversley, will enjoy a great experience tomorrow night...win/lose. STA remains in the shadow of Hill like Warroad remains in the shadow of Roseau.
I agree 100% Coming from Cretin you konw how i feel about STA, and im tired of them being good in a JV confrence, prove themselves and play with the real players. If your soooo good prove it thats all i have to say
state 06

Post by state 06 »

Not to rip on STA they would have probably won anyways. but what I have to say is about the officials, the inconsistency was horrible on both sides of the ice. Also from period to period some times they would call it tight others loosely. I understand that when the game starts to get out of hand they would need to call it tighter. But midway through the game they were calling everything for no reason mostly on orono. And not because orono was the cheaper team. But I guess it really doesn’t matter orono played terrible and Brad Ryan couldn’t have coached the Wild to beat those guys he’s just that bad.
Snowman27

Post by Snowman27 »

state 06 wrote:Brad Ryan couldn’t have coached the Wild to beat those guys he’s just that bad.
Haha - I wasn't there...why?