How good will Moorhead be in 08?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

HOFamer

How good will Moorhead be in 08?

Post by HOFamer » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:50 pm

The Spuds once again failed to meet expectations...who do they return that can take this team to the top or will next season simply be a rebuilding year for the Spuds?

mnwild18

Post by mnwild18 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:55 pm

Well they do lose 16 Seniors off of this years team. They do have a pretty good JV and Bantam team. It will all depend on how many will be able to step in and make an impact.

George Blanda

Post by George Blanda » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:18 pm

Enough people will make an impact to be seeded ahead of Buffalo...only kidding...sort of.
"they are LAME" -darkdemon on SJU hockey

rams1989

Post by rams1989 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:41 pm

I had some Moorhead parents tell me at the Section 8AA Final that Moorhead would be down for several (3-4) years. Not sure if I believe that, but you can take it for what it's worth.

HOFamer

Post by HOFamer » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:43 pm

well Blanda...good to see you in good spirits...alliance no longer as Bemidji moves to A...too bad it sure was fun arguing with elliott...

HOFamer

Post by HOFamer » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:46 pm

rams1989 wrote:I had some Moorhead parents tell me at the Section 8AA Final that Moorhead would be down for several (3-4) years. Not sure if I believe that, but you can take it for what it's worth.
wonder what their 'down' means??? anyway Rams will be tough to beat in the future...should be fun to see how the thing turns out next season...got to think Brainerd will be tough and Tech seemed to have a young team...

hockeyfan32

Post by hockeyfan32 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:50 pm

I think the Rams have a good shot at defending their title, but I'm Certainly not counting Moorhead out they always have a good team, I think Brainerd might make a good run also

gopherhockey33

Post by gopherhockey33 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:56 pm

moorheads bantam team isnt very good. i think they made state but theyve lost at least 20 games from what ive heard from people. they will be pretty good in 2 years.

Potatohead9

Post by Potatohead9 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:52 am

HOFamer wrote:
rams1989 wrote:I had some Moorhead parents tell me at the Section 8AA Final that Moorhead would be down for several (3-4) years. Not sure if I believe that, but you can take it for what it's worth.
wonder what their 'down' means??? anyway Rams will be tough to beat in the future...should be fun to see how the thing turns out next season...got to think Brainerd will be tough and Tech seemed to have a young team...
For what its worth, "down" means better than average. If they make it to the section championship good if they make it to the '08 State Tourney they might be overachieving.......Roseau is a solid young team with a goaltender......something Moorhead lacks. I would say 3-4 years before Moorhead makes a solid run. Hockey players develop differently and growth, skill and hard work can change over a summer.
Thats Mr. Potatohead to you!

CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:53 pm

gopherhockey33 wrote:moorheads bantam team isnt very good. i think they made state but theyve lost at least 20 games from what ive heard from people. they will be pretty good in 2 years.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in 2 years Roseau's talented group of sophomores (Landman, Ness, Oliver, Mike Lee) will be seniors and probably almost unbeatable unless some of them go on to juniors before then. So I don't see how the Spuds will be contending by then either.
50+ years of Spuds Hockey

Stealth09

Post by Stealth09 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:20 pm

I heard that Ness is leaving for sure next year, going to Ann Arbor i think and Lee is 50-50 on going to juniors.....i dont know if thats true but thats what i heard.

Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:25 pm

Stealth09 wrote:I heard that Ness is leaving for sure next year, going to Ann Arbor i think and Lee is 50-50 on going to juniors.....i dont know if thats true but thats what i heard.
This is one of the best programs in the state. Moorhead has very good coaches at their youth level and they don't seem to lose kids to private schools. I suspect they will be a top five team in the state for the next 3-5 years.

MNHockeyfan07

Post by MNHockeyfan07 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:54 pm

Stealth09 wrote:I heard that Ness is leaving for sure next year, going to Ann Arbor i think and Lee is 50-50 on going to juniors.....i dont know if thats true but thats what i heard.
That is not correct. I talked to Aaron's mother yesterday, she said he will for sure be back with Roseau next year, and she said it's highly unlikely he'll leave for his senior year either. I also got the impression from talking to her that all of Roseau's underclassmen plan to stay with Roseau through graduation. Of course, these things can change, but it would sure be fun to watch them stay together and go after a repeat or (gasp) THREE-PEAT!

breakout

Post by breakout » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:06 pm

CitiesSpudsGuy wrote:
gopherhockey33 wrote:moorheads bantam team isnt very good. i think they made state but theyve lost at least 20 games from what ive heard from people. they will be pretty good in 2 years.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in 2 years Roseau's talented group of sophomores (Landman, Ness, Oliver, Mike Lee) will be seniors and probably almost unbeatable unless some of them go on to juniors before then. So I don't see how the Spuds will be contending by then either.
You Roseau types are getting a bit over confident. Seems a bit Edinaesque.

Keep in mind, their are some communities with solid 10th grade classes. Examples: Hill Murray, Edina, Centennial and Eden Prairie. Edina and Eden Prairie are rated 1 & 2 in Bantams this year. Have been a good share of the year. Their 10th graders will be followed up with nice talent.

As for Moorhead, they may surprise some people.

Fargo

Post by Fargo » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:32 pm

breakout wrote:
CitiesSpudsGuy wrote:

Keep in mind, their are some communities with solid 10th grade classes. Examples: Hill Murray, Edina, Centennial and Eden Prairie. Edina and Eden Prairie are rated 1 & 2 in Bantams this year. Have been a good share of the year. Their 10th graders will be followed up with nice talent.

Winning does kind make a person over confident and I agree the gloating is sounding a little Edinaesque. Roseau may have surprised a few people this year with their great run at the end of the year. They will surprise nobody the next two years if all their talent stays. Roseau will have their work cut out for them. They need to remember the game is played on ice and not paper. On Paper they will go to state the next two years. Moorhead and Brainard will be competing for #2 and #3. Nobody is going to give them anything. Moorhead could have done well to remember that this year and they would have coasted through the tourney. Their offense was lethal this year.

All the teams you mentioned have great programs. Edina has an awesome program and has produced alot of homegrown talent. I have alot of respect for homegrown talent. HM typically puts up alot of talented teams but can't call it homegrown at all. Centenial and EP have built very good programs. Alot of things have to fall into place to repeat. It will not be as easy as the first run. Everyone will be gunning for them because they are the champs, for now.

betweenthepipes

Moorhead

Post by betweenthepipes » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:41 pm

About 2 years ago the same thing happened to Moorhead where they lost almost their entire team. They have a good program tho. They always seem to be able to reload.

td577

Post by td577 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:42 pm

breakout wrote:
CitiesSpudsGuy wrote:

Everything I was hearing over the year is wait until next year. Those Ram puppies will find their own and start rolling. The next two years were predicted to be the years Roseau was to have the best chances. So even if they didn't win this year, they were already on many people's list of who is a 2008 contender. So tell me, how would winning this year change those predictions?

vppp

Post by vppp » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:05 pm

roseau will win the section for the 3rd straight year in 09, but after that moorhead should go on a streak

Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:08 pm

vppp wrote:roseau will win the section for the 3rd straight year in 09, but after that moorhead should go on a streak
PM me the lottery numbers for Saturday night.

vppp

Post by vppp » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:10 pm

get a job, you won't need the lottery

SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:41 pm

vppp wrote:roseau will win the section for the 3rd straight year in 09, but after that moorhead should go on a streak
You mean 08, they've already won 2 -

Stitch Lips

There is no tradition until you win your first title.

Post by Stitch Lips » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:09 am

Moorhead has abandaned tradition.

Big mistake ... and most likely cost them the State Championship this year.

The State Championship was played on Saturday, March 3, 2007 at the"little ralph" in TRF.

Still not sure if they learned their lesson.

Didn't see many Moorhead jerseys/jackets/sweatshirts at the tourney this year.

Fair-weather fans?

Did see alot of Alumni though. Guys that played on some great teams for Moorhead.

Puckguy19

Re: How good will Moorhead be in 08?

Post by Puckguy19 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:16 am

HOFamer wrote:The Spuds once again failed to meet expectations...who do they return that can take this team to the top or will next season simply be a rebuilding year for the Spuds?
Them there Spuds don't rebuild . . . they RELOAD! I don't know that they failed to meet expectations . . . they lost to the State Champion, and beat the snot out of your team!

Long live the Alliance! :shock: 8) :P

BIAFP

Post by BIAFP » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:35 am

The Spuds will be the Best Team to not win the State Championship again next year.

:twisted:

AngusYoung

Post by AngusYoung » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:51 am

The fate of Moorhead rests in the hands of a certain poster slapshooter and whether he slapshooter can stay off the Spuds bandwagon long enough for them to avoid his curse once again in 2008. Good luck Spuds fans, I think we all know the chances of this happening.

8)