Nolan Anderson

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

rozofan

Nolan Anderson

Post by rozofan »

Today Nolan Anderson of Roseau broke his femur. As i heard it he went down on a 2-1 and got a pass behind him, fell, and ran into the boards. This is the 3rd time he has broken the same bone. Anyone hear anything about it?
Bash Brother

Post by Bash Brother »

Femur is a rare bone to break, let alone four times. Hope he gets better.
hockeyfan32

Post by hockeyfan32 »

i guess he broke his femur for the 3rd time and fractured his hip too
hast-h-fan

Post by hast-h-fan »

This is actually a very tough one to fracture. But with that it is extremely painful and dangerous to the artery. Where was he playing when he did this?
hockeyfan4

Post by hockeyfan4 »

I was there when it happened and saw it all. It left me just sick to my stomach. But... he was on a 2-1 and got a pass a little bit behind him, had to reach back for it, scored a great hard working goal, but his shoulder got clipped by the post and went into the boards feet first. When i saw him go into the boards, i knew it wasn't good knowing the past of his leg. I guess he blacked out but when he was consious, you could here how frusterated he was. He was having a great Select 16 tryout, which was held in moorhead. I don't know about his future in hockey anymore.
D16Dad

Post by D16Dad »

Any more info? Did he require surgery? I heard some discussion that he might have had a rod in the bone from a previous break. My son and I wish him the best and a speedy recovery!
hockeyfan4

Post by hockeyfan4 »

here is his caringbridge web site. It has been his site since the first break.
http://www.caringbridge.org/mn/nolan/index.htm
greenpride

Nolan Anderson

Post by greenpride »

Nolan did indeed end up breaking his femur for the third (and fourth) time. Meaning he broke it in two places...He had surgery in Grand Forks to have a new rod inserted that extends from his upper hip down to his knee with four screws going up into the femoral neck and two lower by the knee. He will heal and the orthopedic surgeon said he will play hockey again. Three months of non-weight bearing and then begins the grueling regiment of physical therapy - again!!! Feel free to check his caringbridge page: www.caringbridge.org/mn/nolan
sid_the_kid

Post by sid_the_kid »

Thats to bad to hear....its always sad when good kids have injury problems :|

sid 8)
DFORCE10

Post by DFORCE10 »

will he return to full strength?
Ron_Burgundy

Post by Ron_Burgundy »

Y
Last edited by Ron_Burgundy on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
southernmnscout

Post by southernmnscout »

Ron_Burgundy wrote:I know Nolan pretty well, and here's what he told me.

He is walking now.
He will play hockey again, and hopefully this year.
He said the Doc said he had a good surgery.
The kid's got a desire like noone else, and no doubt will return to full strength.

Anyone else know anything?
You say you know him well but ask us if anyone else knows anything. Did he tell you anything else when you talked to him???? :roll:
breakout

Re: Nolan Anderson

Post by breakout »

greenpride wrote:Nolan did indeed end up breaking his femur for the third (and fourth) time. Meaning he broke it in two places...He had surgery in Grand Forks to have a new rod inserted that extends from his upper hip down to his knee with four screws going up into the femoral neck and two lower by the knee. He will heal and the orthopedic surgeon said he will play hockey again. Three months of non-weight bearing and then begins the grueling regiment of physical therapy - again!!! Feel free to check his caringbridge page: www.caringbridge.org/mn/nolan
I only know of one person that broke his femur. How can a kid break his femur 4 times?
Ron_Burgundy

Post by Ron_Burgundy »

southernmnscout wrote:
Ron_Burgundy wrote:I know Nolan pretty well, and here's what he told me.

He is walking now.
He will play hockey again, and hopefully this year.
He said the Doc said he had a good surgery.
The kid's got a desire like noone else, and no doubt will return to full strength.

Anyone else know anything?
You say you know him well but ask us if anyone else knows anything. Did he tell you anything else when you talked to him???? :roll:
I was just saying what I knew..I was seeing if anyone else knew of anything.