Lake Confrence 08?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Rbkhockey21

Lake Confrence 08?

Post by Rbkhockey21 »

Who do you guys think will take it?

Top Teams :arrow:
Eden Prairie- always a contender, losing key seniors(Brooke,Vranek, Kruse) defending champs.
Rosemount- lost 2 seniors, returning junior core(Brown,Percy,Porter), solid contender to take it.
Eastview-lose few seniors like rosemount, returning top scorers(Larson,Maloney) lost friedman to edina could hurt depth.
Bloom. Jeff-lost levine, return youth, should contend.
Burnsville- return top scorers(Barnes,Hendrickson) lose key seniors(Johnson,Franks) Offense no prob D could struggle? should contend.
Chaska-Lose key senior core, lose leading scorer(Giordano) and lose matson to NDTP?
Eagan-Lose key senior core, return solid goalie(Anderson)
Bash Brother

Post by Bash Brother »

I believe Maloney got a minor this past weekend.
breakout

Post by breakout »

Bash Brother wrote:I believe Maloney got a minor this past weekend.
Nice

He'll probably be a late sign up on the cross country team :oops:
breakout

Re: Lake Confrence 08?

Post by breakout »

Rbkhockey21 wrote:Who do you guys think will take it?

Top Teams :arrow:
Eden Prairie- always a contender, losing key seniors(Brooke,Vranek, Kruse) defending champs.
Rosemount- lost 2 seniors, returning junior core(Brown,Percy,Porter), solid contender to take it.
Eastview-lose few seniors like rosemount, returning top scorers(Larson,Maloney) lost friedman to edina could hurt depth.
Bloom. Jeff-lost levine, return youth, should contend.
Burnsville- return top scorers(Barnes,Hendrickson) lose key seniors(Johnson,Franks) Offense no prob D could struggle? should contend.
Chaska-Lose key senior core, lose leading scorer(Giordano) and lose matson to NDTP?
Eagan-Lose key senior core, return solid goalie(Anderson)
Rosemount and Burnsville should be the favorites. I'll give Rosemount the nod. However, they may implode like last year. Barnes and Hendrickson can't do it all for Burnsville. I don't know that they have the overall team horsepower.

Eden Prairie will have a talented D core. Forwards are unproven and suspect. Goalie???

Bloomington...........I don't know. Not sure they have the firepower, D or goalie.

Chaska...........not so good. They will probably struggle this year.
hockeyjunkie2

Post by hockeyjunkie2 »

breakout wrote:
Nice

He'll probably be a late sign up on the cross country team :oops:
I heard the same, just stupid but agreed I would be surprised if he didn't burn it off in a fall sport
BringRollieBack!!

Post by BringRollieBack!! »

1. Burnsville - return the bulk of last years squad..a lot of firepower...there coach IS the real deal...and new goalie from Lakeville North.

2. Rosemount - this should be (finally) the year for the Irish although I still question there D and goaltending..someone needs to be the #1.

3. Jefferson - I think they will suprise people in the way they rebound ..I think there goaltending is very adequate...O'donnel is great..and the tradition will drive them...

Overall I think the Lake will continue to get stronger as they did at the end of last season.

Burns, Jeff, Eagan, E.P. all look solid at the end of the year...Rosemount and East...stalled at the end , but are returning a lot of players.

North South & AV will continue to love the Kennedy games on the schedule and Chaska is the mystery team.
luvthegame

Post by luvthegame »

What do you mean "a new goalie from Lakeville North"?

I am new to posting here but I have been reading allthe different threads and I have not heard of this yet.
jiffylube131

Post by jiffylube131 »

taylor sturlaugson is moving from lakeville north to apple valley. he split time last year on varsity with matt arentz
luvthegame

Post by luvthegame »

thanks for the info. but now I am really confused. The thread I responded to says a Lakeville Goalie was going to Burnsville. You are saying he is going to Apple Valley. I guess it really doesn't matter a whole lot, other than the fact that Lakeville seems to be losing a pretty good goalie.
CrossbarandIn99

Post by CrossbarandIn99 »

This is how I see the Lake playing out.

1/2 Rosemount/Burnsville...2 high powered teams with all the guns coming back. Both teams do however, have a big question mark between the pipes. We could see a 10-9, and a 12-11 high tempo game between these two, last one to touch the puck wins kinda game! Ill be at both of these for sure!

3. Eastview....another team bringing back a solid core. I see them just a step behind the big 2, but as seen in the past few years, these guys can beat anyone, and they can get beat by anyone. Also, is Fienhage staying? Will Maloney be able to serve his suspension before hockey? A few questions for this team.

4/5. Jefferson/E.P. Two teams year, that regardless of who they lose from year to year find a way to reload, and at least be in the top half of the conference.

6. Lakeville South. Team that didnt lose many Seniors, and lost alot of 1 goal games last year. the question mark is between the pipes here. if yumosaklar is there, they can steal a game from anyone. if he isnt, they could be in alot of trouble.

7. Eagan....Lost everything, including the kitchen sink here. Olsen is still there, but who will he play with, and where will the leadership come from. but, they are young, they could suprise people.

8. Chaska...dont know much about these guys. Lost their coach, lost Mattson to NDTP...Dont really know where they will fit in.

9. Lakeville North...The real darkhorse in the lake. A scrappy team with a very solid young goaltender in Arentz. Saw him play a handful of times...hes very good. Problem with North is they lost all scoring from last year. Going to need a few guys to step up and fill the huge ice time. and producton void left by Kvasnicka and Zweber graduating.

10. Kennedy. Can these guys apply to play in the Missota anytime soon? A reputable program with some good history getting worse every year. skill wise, and enrollment wise
hockeyjunkie2

Post by hockeyjunkie2 »

CrossbarandIn99 wrote:This is how I see the Lake playing out.

1/2 Rosemount/Burnsville...2 high powered teams with all the guns coming back. Both teams do however, have a big question mark between the pipes. We could see a 10-9, and a 12-11 high tempo game between these two, last one to touch the puck wins kinda game! Ill be at both of these for sure!

3. Eastview....another team bringing back a solid core. I see them just a step behind the big 2, but as seen in the past few years, these guys can beat anyone, and they can get beat by anyone. Also, is Fienhage staying? Will Maloney be able to serve his suspension before hockey? A few questions for this team.

4/5. Jefferson/E.P. Two teams year, that regardless of who they lose from year to year find a way to reload, and at least be in the top half of the conference.

6. Lakeville South. Team that didnt lose many Seniors, and lost alot of 1 goal games last year. the question mark is between the pipes here. if yumosaklar is there, they can steal a game from anyone. if he isnt, they could be in alot of trouble.

7. Eagan....Lost everything, including the kitchen sink here. Olsen is still there, but who will he play with, and where will the leadership come from. but, they are young, they could suprise people.

8. Chaska...dont know much about these guys. Lost their coach, lost Mattson to NDTP...Dont really know where they will fit in.

9. Lakeville North...The real darkhorse in the lake. A scrappy team with a very solid young goaltender in Arentz. Saw him play a handful of times...hes very good. Problem with North is they lost all scoring from last year. Going to need a few guys to step up and fill the huge ice time. and producton void left by Kvasnicka and Zweber graduating.

10. Kennedy. Can these guys apply to play in the Missota anytime soon? A reputable program with some good history getting worse every year. skill wise, and enrollment wise
You forgot Valley and also Eastview lost the top scorer Friedman to Edina and if Maloney is smart he'll burn it in a fall sport. O'Shea needs to improve to be third. I see North being better this year but I see south the same regardless if the goalie stays or not. Burnsville wins the conference I agree.
breakout

Post by breakout »

I heard Friedman hurt his leg in Advance 16s. Any word on what happened?

Also, did he transfer to Edina or Family move?

I heard Feinhage had a lot of attention given to him this spring at Xposure Camp and Advance 16 by USHL teams. I also heard he will be staying in high school.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

breakout wrote: Also, did he transfer to Edina or Family move?
Parents are split, Dad lives in the evil green empire.
BringRollieBack!!

Post by BringRollieBack!! »

JIFFYLUBE

Sturlaugson is going to Burnsville not AV

He did not split with Arntz...900 minutes vs. 400 minutes (Arntz)

Burnsville will be better with him.
jiffylube131

Post by jiffylube131 »

i meant burnsville and arentz had the majority at the end and both of the last 2 playoff games. sturlagson is a good goalie tho should fill a spot for bvile./
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

This is not correct. He was not drinking, and blew zeros for the cops.
breakout

Post by breakout »

Neutron 14 wrote:
Maybe making good choices while attending a party others were drinking at??? Good for him.
Bash Brother

Post by Bash Brother »

Neutron 14 wrote:
My mistake, thanks for the correction.
sexytimeisnice

Dave Meyer is a stud

Post by sexytimeisnice »

Alls i know is that Eden Prairie has got Dave Meyer. That right there pretty much guarantees the conference championship for the eagles. This kid had six empty net goals last year along with eight goals with an actual goalie in net. The EP student section better start practicing "Mr.Hockey" chants for this young man because "Dirty" Dave Meyer
will defenitely be a strong contender. I also heard hes a nationally ranked roller hockey player. If im a player going up against Meyer, I would whip out the white flag cause nobody stands a chance facing Meyers strength, nastiness, speed, and looks
Iscraper56

Re: Dave Meyer is a stud

Post by Iscraper56 »

sexytimeisnice wrote:Alls i know is that Eden Prairie has got Dave Meyer. That right there pretty much guarantees the conference championship for the eagles. This kid had six empty net goals last year along with eight goals with an actual goalie in net. The EP student section better start practicing "Mr.Hockey" chants for this young man because "Dirty" Dave Meyer
will defenitely be a strong contender. I also heard hes a nationally ranked roller hockey player. If im a player going up against Meyer, I would whip out the white flag cause nobody stands a chance facing Meyers strength, nastiness, speed, and looks
Funniest post of the day! Thanks for the chuckle Dave. :lol: Better work as hard on your punctuation as you do your wrist shot this summer.
sexytimeisnice

Post by sexytimeisnice »

Im not Dave Meyer im a pro scout who watched Dave play at model camp and loved his skills. Im thinkin about drafting him strictly on his empty net goal scoring abilities. With your team up one or two goals and the opposing teams net empty, theres no other player that i'd want out there more than dirty dave. This kid is a stud at puttin the icing on the cake, and his goal celebrations are quite entertaining too!
Last edited by sexytimeisnice on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bash Brother

Post by Bash Brother »

He's funny as long as he knows h aint fooling anybody.
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

Chaska will have an outstanding senior goalie that should help their cause.
Rbkhockey21

Post by Rbkhockey21 »

tomASS wrote:Chaska will have an outstanding senior goalie that should help their cause.
Is this goalie by chance Parker Plucinak?
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

Rbkhockey21 wrote:
tomASS wrote:Chaska will have an outstanding senior goalie that should help their cause.
Is this goalie by chance Parker Plucinak?
that is whom I was thinking of