Who's Now? HS Hockey 2007 Version

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

boblee

Who's Now? HS Hockey 2007 Version

Post by boblee »

Here we go, we will have our own Who's Now...hosted by...boblee!

Here is how it will work, it will be a 16 player bracket with four regions (TBD). All you have to do is submitt a player in this thread and tell us why he is "now." The only limitation is he must be a HS Player in the 2007-2008 season.

The Brackets/Polls will be released on Monday, August 6th.

START NOMINATING!
BIG

Re: Who's Now? HS Hockey 2007 Version

Post by BIG »

boblee wrote:Here we go, we will have our own Who's Now...hosted by...boblee!

Here is how it will work, it will be a 16 player bracket with four regions (TBD). All you have to do is submitt a player in this thread and tell us why he is "now." The only limitation is he must be a HS Player in the 2007-2008 season.

START NOMINATING!
Aaron Ness. Reason why he is now...watch the tape of the 2007 state hockey tournament. Verbal commitment to the U. He's got all the tools.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

Ben Hanowski, coming off a state tournament berth and a 96 point season. He had the most points last year of any high school player that is returning this year and finished second in the state behind his line mate Jared Festler (106). It'll be interesting to see what kind of season he can put together without Festler by his side.
The U invented swagger.
SEMinnHockeyNut

Post by SEMinnHockeyNut »

Charlie Thauwald - Rochester Mayo - returning scoring leader.....national 16s and 17s....brother plays at Colorado College (will be a captain) this year....will be a 3rd year varsity player and if you watch the little kids during the game or the girls after the game, he is definitely NOW!
Lordosis

Re: Who's Now? HS Hockey 2007 Version

Post by Lordosis »

BIG wrote:
boblee wrote:Here we go, we will have our own Who's Now...hosted by...boblee!

START NOMINATING!
Aaron Ness. Reason why he is now...watch the tape of the 2007 state hockey tournament. Verbal commitment to the U. He's got all the tools.
After a stellar performance and his team taking home the gold at the state tournament, I would have to think Ness will get the #1 seed in his bracket of 'Who is Now' of MN HS hockey.
MNRinkRat

Post by MNRinkRat »

Joe Gleason from Edina. Watched him at the Select 17 festival and was impressed with his defensive play. "He is now" because he will lead Edina to almost a flawless season with his skill.
Since95

Post by Since95 »

I'll nominate one:

Anders Lee- This kid has been a varsity player since he was in 8th grade. He has been to the state tournament 3 years in a row with St. Thomas Academy. Also was an impact player all three of those years and improved every year. The kid was a Class A champion in 2006. Now playing for his hometown of Edina, a move which would be regarded as a blockbuster pickup for a pro sports team. He will possibly give them the final push to get a championship for the Hornets. Definatly has a lot of people buzzing and wanting to know how he'll affect Edina. A great player on a new and very talented team. He's got all the tools to be now.

I'll go with the Aaron Ness nomination too. He's got the attention of a lot of people, because of his play.
grizz man 101

Post by grizz man 101 »

jake hendrickson from burnsville had 71 pts last year and led his team 2 state
breakout

Post by breakout »

I will go with Zach Budish. He is a junior Captain for Edina in hockey and football. Big kid with good hands and vision. Unselfish player with a history of winning. Maybe the top Jr. forward in the state. Certainly one of the top forwards going into the high school hockey season.
southernfool

Post by southernfool »

If we are going to mention Burnsville players you have to include Tyler Barnes. He led his team in total goals scored, played a major role in some key games to get to state and made the all state tournament team. He has grown some and is definitely coming back stronger than last year.
BIG

Post by BIG »

Mike Lee - Best goalie in the state. State champ as a soph. It will be tough for any team to get enough pucks past him to beat the Rams.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

CrUshTheySkullZ, Goalie for Grand Rapids.
grizz man 101

Post by grizz man 101 »

yeah i know barnes is just as good as hendrickson if not better, barnes was one of the best forwards in the state tourny last year
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

F - Tyler Landman - Roseau (Leading Scorer for State Champion)
D - Nick Leddy - Eden Prairie (USA U17 Five Nations Tournament)
F - Danny Mattson - AHA (USA U18 Ivan Hlinka Tournament)
F - Nick Oliver - Roseau (USA U17 Five Nations Tournament, USNTDP Camp Invitee)
F - Bryce Ravndalen - Warroad (a Great Team's Best Player)
D - Nate Schmidt - St. Cloud Cathedral (USA U17 Five Nations Tournament, USNTDP Camp Invitee)

Is Ryan Walters playing for STA again? Is Jake Gardiner playing for Minnetonka again? Are Youso and Hjelle playing for Intl Falls again? If so, I nominate all of them too. Fink's going to juniors, correct?
Last edited by The Exiled One on Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
sexytimeisnice

Post by sexytimeisnice »

I agree on the Nick Leddy nomination, great player, has great looks, and most importantly great hair. Hes one of the top skayers in the world, and he likes to flaunt his ripped body when the bittys are around. Hes a little eccentric in some ways such as that he shaves his legs and armpits, but thats the way most star athletes are these days. Another player im gonna have to give the nod to would be Dave Meyer from ep. Hes an empty net goal scoring phenom, and is one of the best at pickin up chicks who are 2-3 years younger than him. Is a great person, but has the tendency to get overly cocky at times.
PuckTime

Post by PuckTime »

Neutron 14 wrote:CrUshTheySkullZ, Goalie for Grand Rapids.

I hope you're joking.......... :shock:
Jack

Nesss

Post by Jack »

Since the Whos Now? contest has to do with on and off the ice I would like to add a little for ness.

Straight A student (I am told him and lee compete in class to get the best grades), hasn't got caught up in the party life most small town kids do, and excels in any of the other sports he plays.

I would also nominate Lee, and Landman for the same reasons.

I don't know much about Oliver, other than he works his butt off.
"I am Jack's smirking revenge." - Fight Club
CrossbarandIn99

Post by CrossbarandIn99 »

From the Lake Conference

Fienhage, D, Eastview- Solid Def, just committed to North Dakota.
JT Brown, F, Rosemount-Great Skills, intense, "never know what hes goign to do" attitude.
Yumusaklar, G, South-with Hjelle, crandall gone, looks to be teh front runner for the Brimsek award next year
nikebauer_07

Post by nikebauer_07 »

Anthony DeCenzo - Hibbing
h0ckeyman098

Post by h0ckeyman098 »

whitney olson- EAGAN
breakout

Post by breakout »

Tyler Pitlick with Centennial. Should be an impact player as a Junior this season.
Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

There are so many good players. Here are mine

Mike Lee- Goalie Roseau. Good size moves very well
Bryce Ravendalen- Warroad-reminds me of Corey Millen
Danny Mattson- Holy Angels. He is the most dynamic player I've seen.
Chris Student- Benilde. Solid D With puck skills.
Jake Hendrickson- Burnsville- Most underrated player He is a dominant
Indians forever

Post by Indians forever »

Ness
Anthony DeCenzo- Hibbing
And Zach Buddish- Edina

those are my picks.
SotaH0ck14

Post by SotaH0ck14 »

h0ckeyman098 wrote:whitney olson- EAGAN
Eric Thorn -- EAGAN
hockeypro27