1a predictions

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

swats10

1a predictions

Post by swats10 »

What are your predictions and opions of the newly remade 1A for the upcoming season?
slapnasty

Post by slapnasty »

Austin doesnt have a prayer, as always... :lol:
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

slapnasty wrote:Austin doesnt have a prayer, as always... :lol:
Who is in the new section 1A. I forgot.
Super Sick

Post by Super Sick »

It will be between, Rochester Lourdes, Albert Lea, and Red Wing
swats10

New 1a

Post by swats10 »

Austin
Albert Lea
Mankato West
Mankato East
La Crescent
New Prague
Red Wing
Northfield
Lourdes
Waseca
Fairbault
St. Peter
slapnasty

Post by slapnasty »

1-3 - Between Albert Lea, Lourdes, and Red Wing...toss up with these 3 will be fun as hell to watch them!

4-7 - Faribault, New Prague, Northfield, and West...ok teams, able to upset top 3?...maybe, prolly not

8-12 - Austin, East, LaCrescent, St. Peter, Waseca...battle between these 5 for a quarterfinal berth in sections

- Alex Petersons good ole best friend 8) -
THEDOMINATOR39

Post by THEDOMINATOR39 »

New Prague will be returning four of there top five scorers and some of there best Defensemen, The only difference I see from last year is at goalie and they will actually have a good coach this year so I’m thinking they are going to be one of the top teams and if you don't believe that be prepared to shocked when they win the section
Puckhandler

Post by Puckhandler »

THEDOMINATOR39 wrote:New Prague will be returning four of there top five scorers and some of there best Defensemen, The only difference I see from last year is at goalie and they will actually have a good coach this year so I’m thinking they are going to be one of the top teams and if you don't believe that be prepared to shocked when they win the section
Do they have a coach now?

Did Ward go to Houston?

If so, who's going to coach now?
THEDOMINATOR39

Post by THEDOMINATOR39 »

they will have a qaulified coach. And if they can't find anyone well than i'm sure the principal will coach, and he is very qaulified
dtownredwings

Post by dtownredwings »

how is the principal very qualified? has he coached before?
Indians forever

Post by Indians forever »

New Prague will shock everyone!!!!
puckhead9

Post by puckhead9 »

New prague has some very good players returning. but will have to replace 4 defensemen and find a solid third line which was a big part of last years success. They have a very good chance to do something in their new section.
hockeydad

new prague

Post by hockeydad »

I don't know if New Prague will shock everyone, but I see them as a legitimate contender in 1A, along with Lourdes, Red Wing and Faribault. It's too bad New Prague and Faribault couldn't find a spot on the schedule to play this year.

The coaching situation remains in limbo. Some people think the principal - Tom Doig - might take the job on an interim basis because of the late resignation.

Someone asked his qualifications....he coached at Burnsville as an assistant and head coach in their glory days, and was head coach for one of their state championship teams.
01state

Post by 01state »

west
lourdes
AL
new prague
northfield
redwing
austin
fairbult
lacresent
st.peter
waseca
east

this is the order it is going to go in. i have been watching these teams all summer. it is going to be a toss up btwn AL and the lourdes. AL has and all around fast team and they work good together and they have a good goalie from what i have seen. lourdes are strong quick and smart with the puck and also a good goalie from what i have seen.

now fairbult redwing and austin is also going to be a fight for top postion. fairbult has a strong first line and alright second and third and there goaltending isnt the greatest. red wing is good but not great. ppl are talking the red wing is going to run away with the section but no i watched them in the lacresent tournament and they didn't impress me that much. now austin, austin has lost all there talent. they lost one of the best defensemen Tim Kirby and probly there best team they have had. austin has one good line returning and alright goaltending.
Offside

Post by Offside »

you must have fallen asleep for a year. Tim Kirby graduated in 2006 and played for the So MN Express last year
01state

Post by 01state »

i didn't fall asleep i'm just talking about the only thing that austin had.
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

01state wrote:i didn't fall asleep i'm just talking about the only thing that austin had.
Lourdes will walk into state. New Prague has no chance. What a weak section.
THEDOMINATOR39

Post by THEDOMINATOR39 »

I geuss we will find out if that is true on Jan 19 when Lourdes comes to NP to prove there "Greatness"
Puckhandler

Post by Puckhandler »

flatontheice wrote:
01state wrote:i didn't fall asleep i'm just talking about the only thing that austin had.
That was one of the most uneducated statements I've read in awhile.

Lourdes will not walk into state. Three are about 5 teams with legitimate chances to go to state, New Prague included.

flatontheice, if you're going to troll through threads ripping people, at least have a little bit of a clue before you type.
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

Puckhandler wrote:
flatontheice wrote:

Lourdes will not walk into state. Three are about 5 teams with legitimate chances to go to state, New Prague included.

flatontheice, if you're going to troll through threads ripping people, at least have a little bit of a clue before you type.
That wasnt a rip. Just my opinion. New Prague is not in the same league as Lourdes. Beside Lourdes, Holy Angels, and Orono, do you they play any other teams with a .500 record? Come on...I do have a clue...do you? Lets relax on the hype train for New Prague this year.
fubar-errr-what

Post by fubar-errr-what »

flatontheice wrote:
Puckhandler wrote:
flatontheice wrote: Lourdes will walk into state. New Prague has no chance. What a weak section.

That wasnt a rip. Just my opinion. New Prague is not in the same league as Lourdes. I do have a clue...do you?
well is albert lea, west or rw in the same league as lourdes?
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

fubar-errr-what wrote:
flatontheice wrote:
Puckhandler wrote: That was one of the most uneducated statements I've read in awhile.

That wasnt a rip. Just my opinion. New Prague is not in the same league as Lourdes. I do have a clue...do you?
well is albert lea, west or rw in the same league as lourdes?
Albert Lea has a very good coach so they could be back. West is not in the same league this year as Lourdes and Red Wing will be down from last year and down for quite a while now. Lourdes will be very strong this year.
gabT

Post by gabT »

West and lourdes played a great game in the Walmart Cup. Back and forth action. From what I heard both teams were missing some kids. I think that it will be these two in the finals. Go ahead and tell me that I am and idiot but just wait until playoffs. :twisted: :wink:
slapnasty

Post by slapnasty »

I just cant picture West winning the section. They have some good forwards but they dont have much on defense. Also their new goalie better have a lot more discipline then Trembley did or they are in a world of hurt. I would call this teamover confident. They can be good, but they think they are better then they are. Thats what happened to them last year in sections came over confident and didnt play that well.
gabT

Post by gabT »

I would have to agree with you on the over confident part. The one thing that could make a difference this year is the fact that most of the kids on the team are returning from last year. Will they learn from last years mistakes? Only time will tell. I will stick by my choice of Lourdes and West in one heck of a final.