FSN Schedule for 2007-2008

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

puckeyone

Post by puckeyone »

ya how about a Bison/Cambridge game but at Cambridge , cant have it your way all the time hofarmer
Rbkhockey21

Post by Rbkhockey21 »

I think they should give teams that havent had a chance in the spotlight yet have a crack at it. Every year we see the holy angels, BSM's, Grand Rapids, Duluth East's, DONT get me wrong that is GREAT hockey and I love to watch them but I just think maybe a few other teams should get a chance..thats just what i think :lol:
George Blanda

Post by George Blanda »

FSN tends to show the big schools. I don't really mind.

Last year, they had multiple chances to show some great games between top end Class A schools. Here are some Class A games from last year that I'm really disappointed that weren't covered...

11-25 Duluth Marshall vs. St. Thomas Academy, 4-4 tie. These two teams faced off again in one of the most entertaining games of the State tourney last year that Marshall won in double OT.

1-4 Hermantown vs. Duluth Marshall, 1-1 tie. Faced off again for the Class A state title.

1-6 Duluth Marshall vs. St. Cloud Cathedral, 2-1 win for Cathedral. Two teams met in the 2A section finals.

Those are just a couple games that I feel FSN missed out on by showing pretty much only Class AA hockey.

But, like I said, I'd rather watch Maple Grove vs. Minnetonka than Beyond the Glory, The Designated Hitter.
"they are LAME" -darkdemon on SJU hockey
deacon

Post by deacon »

STA vs. Cretin
STA vs. Hill
BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

7A22A wrote:
hockeypimp111 wrote:i dont know but Roseau should be in at least three
It would be just like watching Notre Dame football. Noboby cares, unless you're a fan of Notre Dame or the opponent that plays them for that game. So, much for the interest of others. I don't see it happening three times. :evil:
Who do you care about than? Obviously you don't care about watching a good hockey team.

I'd love to see Edina play this year and i could care less about them, i just like watching good hockey. Do you have something against the Rams? Thunderhawks fan perhaps? :P
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

BERG RENOLZ wrote:
7A22A wrote:
hockeypimp111 wrote:i dont know but Roseau should be in at least three
It would be just like watching Notre Dame football. Noboby cares, unless you're a fan of Notre Dame or the opponent that plays them for that game. So, much for the interest of others. I don't see it happening three times. :evil:
Who do you care about than? Obviously you don't care about watching a good hockey team.

I'd love to see Edina play this year and i could care less about them, i just like watching good hockey. Do you have something against the Rams? Thunderhawks fan perhaps? :P
Berg, Roseaus a great team and all, but I don't see three opponents that would give an entertaining game.
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

I like the Rams too, they are gonna be a good team this year...but everyone knows that and who's up there and how good they're supposed to be, so yeah a big game between them and another top team that's on their schedule is fun... same with Edina, and more then likely they be on TV in March...so that said I also would like to see some other teams that are going to do well in their conferences or likely be high section seeds get a shot at some exposure as well.
But like it was said earlier it's a business so what ever they feel people will watch is what we'll see....I think they'd be suprised that a lot of people will watch it regardless of which games they do...for the most part I would.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Can't Never Tried wrote:I like the Rams too, they are gonna be a good team this year...but everyone knows that and who's up there and how good they're supposed to be, so yeah a big game between them and another top team that's on their schedule is fun... same with Edina, and more then likely they be on TV in March...so that said I also would like to see some other teams that are going to do well in their conferences or likely be high section seeds get a shot at some exposure as well.
But like it was said earlier it's a business so what ever they feel people will watch is what we'll see....I think they'd be suprised that a lot of people will watch it regardless of which games they do...for the most part I would.
Did anyone ever tell you... that your sentence structure... could use a little... umm... work?
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

Neutron 14 wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote:I like the Rams too, they are gonna be a good team this year...but everyone knows that and who's up there and how good they're supposed to be, so yeah a big game between them and another top team that's on their schedule is fun... same with Edina, and more then likely they be on TV in March...so that said I also would like to see some other teams that are going to do well in their conferences or likely be high section seeds get a shot at some exposure as well.
Did anyone ever tell you... that your sentence structure... could use a little... umm... work?
Yeah, yeah I know.
BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

Neutron 14 wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote:
7A22A wrote: It would be just like watching Notre Dame football. Noboby cares, unless you're a fan of Notre Dame or the opponent that plays them for that game. So, much for the interest of others. I don't see it happening three times. :evil:

Berg, Roseaus a great team and all, but I don't see three opponents that would give an entertaining game.
I guess i can agree with you there. The Baudette Bay game against Blaine should be pretty competitive, and the Rams vs. Warriors game is always good. I think the Rams could beat them up pretty good this year though. I agree that they could go without the Hibbing game, the Rams put the hurt on them last year at their barn. I think it was 7-0 or something. I'd much rather see the game when the Thunderhawks come to Roseau. That's always the last game of the regular season though, so that could be a reason they're not showing it. Anyway, you'd think they'd want to show a matchup of last years title game compared to a rout against Hibbing.

I should stop complaining about any of this, I think we're all pretty lucky that we even get to see any of these games on TV. I love what FSN is doing.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

BERG RENOLZ wrote: Anyway, you'd think they'd want to show a matchup of last years title game compared to a rout against Hibbing.
I don't see how one rout is better than the other.
watchdog

ummm

Post by watchdog »

cant beat a hockey game on tv at 7 for an excuse to sit down and relax. Any game will do in the state of hockey
BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

Neutron 14 wrote:
BERG RENOLZ wrote: Anyway, you'd think they'd want to show a matchup of last years title game compared to a rout against Hibbing.
I don't see how one rout is better than the other.
:oops:
blucru11

Post by blucru11 »

Rams vs. Warriors is always a good game no matter how much talent difference. it should be a blow out will result in a 3 goal margin, its just how it is everyone gets up for the best rivalry in the state!
h0ckeyman098

Post by h0ckeyman098 »

I would like to see eagan vs eastview their is a huge rivalry between them because some kids who live in eagan play for eastview and they both should have good teams this year.
Rbkhockey21

Post by Rbkhockey21 »

h0ckeyman098 wrote:I would like to see eagan vs eastview their is a huge rivalry between them because some kids who live in eagan play for eastview and they both should have good teams this year.
you are kidding right?? there isn't really a big rivalry there. If you want to show a rivalry it would be AV and Eastview...eagan isnt going to be that good if you look at them statistically.
eagle4life9

Post by eagle4life9 »

Does anyone know if the Lakeville North/Lakeville South game will be on FSN this year? I know people had talked about it because South just had a brand new rink built and stuff. Just wondering, Thanks
gmoola89

Post by gmoola89 »

Is the schedule out? I can't find it anywhere but I'd really like to see whats on the agenda for this year.
hockeyxprt1

Post by hockeyxprt1 »

gmoola89 wrote:Is the schedule out? I can't find it anywhere but I'd really like to see whats on the agenda for this year.
BSM vs. TG on Dec. 10. Only game I have heard about so far other than those listed above.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

(612) 330-2468 is Fox Sports Net Minnesota's ph. no. according to a Google search. Now everyone call until they give it up.
HOFam'r

Post by HOFam'r »

Rumor has it that schedule will be posted this week.
"Be a teammate first"
h0ckeyman098

Post by h0ckeyman098 »

RBKhockey its like the same thing half of the kids from eastview live in either eagan or AV and did you see eagan play at all this summer all i have to say is you will be suprised if your just looking at their stats.
newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 »

h0ckeyman098 wrote:RBKhockey its like the same thing half of the kids from eastview live in either eagan or AV and did you see eagan play at all this summer all i have to say is you will be suprised if your just looking at their stats.

As a former player from Eastview I can vouge for RBK as far as the rivalry goes. Eagan was not our biggest rival, AVHS is 1.3 miles from EVHS and when it comes down to it they will be our rival forever. As for Eagan having a good team, we will see. They did go to state with a hot goalie and an all world defensemen 2 years ago, anything is possible.
Rbkhockey21

Post by Rbkhockey21 »

h0ckeyman098 wrote:RBKhockey its like the same thing half of the kids from eastview live in either eagan or AV and did you see eagan play at all this summer all i have to say is you will be suprised if your just looking at their stats.

But still Eagan may have a rivalry with EV but with the EV kids they get up for a game vs. Apple Valley anyday! Like Newsguy said the schools are only 1.3 miles apart..its pretty much a battle for Apple Valley. But with Apple Valley being a bit down this year i dont think it would be such as big a game as years past but the hostility is always there with the fans(ask denicola's mom) :lol: but as your remarks towards eagan..that was summer my friend..this is November not July! And we all know that you cant tell squat from summer hockey, i bet that most of the teams dont even have their full rosters even playing in summer hockey..just another side note to consider..Dont get me wrong im NOT bashing eagan as i just moved out of Eagan into st. paul and have seen a lot of wildcats games as well as the rest of the Lake but i just dont see them being up to Par this year returning one decent player in Olsen(46pts last year) but he doesnt have Lipinski and Dockendorf to work with, and as well as Anderson returning between the pipes. Other than that i just dont see Eagan making much noise in the Lake..could be a disappointing year,but MAYBE just MAYBE not!! Thats what makes the Lake confrence the best!
stickboy1956

Post by stickboy1956 »

Rbkhockey21 wrote:

But still Eagan may have a rivalry with EV but with the EV kids they get up for a game vs. Apple Valley anyday! Like Newsguy said the schools are only 1.3 miles apart..its pretty much a battle for Apple Valley. But with Apple Valley being a bit down this year i dont think it would be such as big a game as years past but the hostility is always there with the fans(ask denicola's mom) :lol: but as your remarks towards eagan..that was summer my friend..this is November not July! And we all know that you cant tell squat from summer hockey, i bet that most of the teams dont even have their full rosters even playing in summer hockey..just another side note to consider..Dont get me wrong im NOT bashing eagan as i just moved out of Eagan into st. paul and have seen a lot of wildcats games as well as the rest of the Lake but i just dont see them being up to Par this year returning one decent player in Olsen(46pts last year) but he doesnt have Lipinski and Dockendorf to work with, and as well as Anderson returning between the pipes. Other than that i just dont see Eagan making much noise in the Lake..could be a disappointing year,but MAYBE just MAYBE not!! Thats what makes the Lake confrence the best!
NOT