Burnsville

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

doubleAAguru

Burnsville

Post by doubleAAguru »

Will Burnsville be able to make it to the state tournment with a section including Edina and AHA?
ehshockey

Post by ehshockey »

No way that is the closest they will get to beating Edina this season.
O-townClown

Re: Burnsville

Post by O-townClown »

doubleAAguru wrote:Will Burnsville be able to make it to the state tournment with a section including Edina and AHA?
I think it is key to get the #1 seed in the section. It looks like it really falls off from those three to Chaska and Jefferson.

If Burnsville is 2/3 like I'd imagine they will have to beat BOTH Holy Angels and Edina.

All reports are that the Braves (sorry, they'll always be the Braves to me) are riding their top line a bit much. They should spend the season working on the rest so they have a chance to hang in there at the end of the year. If Burnsville did make the state tournament it would be because their stars carry them.
Be kind. Rewind.
eagle4life9

Post by eagle4life9 »

I would definately not write them off at all because they are a very good hockey team but yes they will have to beat one, two or maybe three other good teams before they reach the state tourny. O-town is right the #1 or even the #2 seed are huge in this section. If Burnsville gets the 3 or the 4 seed they will have to play 3 good games to make it (I say 3 or 4 because Jefferson is looking pretty good right now).

But for the fact that Burnsville is carried by there stars, well of course they are but so is every other team. Some teams just have more than others.
goldenhockey20

Post by goldenhockey20 »

O-town i dont know if you've been watching but i wouldn't say Jefferson is not a drop off and never under estimate another lake conference team like chaska although i doubt they will upset anyone....if anything b'ville and AHA should be worrying
B'ville is 4-3 right now with a 2 game losing streak and AHA is startin real slow...Edina as good as advertised and Jefferson i believe is better than most expected
B-ViLleGiNo'S

Post by B-ViLleGiNo'S »

You guys have no clue as to how well stacked our team is. We've had players on varsity since their sophomore year. Last year there was 4 seniors on the Varsity team. We made it to the state tourney after we upset holy Angels. This year all of those player other than the seniors from last year returned including two transfer goalies who are dirty. We do have few star players but we have players that are nearly equally as good as they are and we play as a team, we don't have one star who wins it for us.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

I have seen B'ville play and if they stay healthy and that is the key they will be ok. I am guessing that Edina will be number 1, with B'ville, AHA and Jefferson all looking to see who will end up number 4 and have to face Edina sooner than later.
If politics have anything to do with this section and I would guess there will be, if the teams finish strong and healthy the seeding will be:
Edina
B'ville
Jefferson
AHA
Chaska
Kennedy
Shakopee
Prior Lake.
DubCHAGuy

Post by DubCHAGuy »

Zamman wrote:I have seen B'ville play and if they stay healthy and that is the key they will be ok. I am guessing that Edina will be number 1, with B'ville, AHA and Jefferson all looking to see who will end up number 4 and have to face Edina sooner than later.
If politics have anything to do with this section and I would guess there will be, if the teams finish strong and healthy the seeding will be:
Edina
B'ville
Jefferson
AHA
Chaska
Kennedy
Shakopee
Prior Lake.

:shock: Are the section semi's at Marriucci? They better be if thats when AHA and Edina are going to play
BoogeyMan

Post by BoogeyMan »

Can someone please tell me the Lake Conference standings so far this season?
Life's simple, but some insist on making it hard
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

Semis are either at Big or Braemar. The finals are at Mariucci.