Mankato West the real deal?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

GinosAreGood

Post by GinosAreGood »

Redlightdistrict wrote:
WayOutWest wrote:
Where_is_the_bridge? wrote:Why does everything think that west is overconfident and cocky, does someone out there have a video camera in thir locker room or what?
Just because they get excited when they score goals and win doesn't mean that they are overconfident.
Correct.
It simply means they're not accustomed to it, and don't expect it to continue. :lol:
judging by what I saw out of them this year in Owatonna. They score like nuts, and it might slow down but its not gonna stop. And isn't it the point to celebrate when you score? But who knows..
no kidding. i don't think west is truly excited when they score their 10th goal of the game. i think they just celebrate for the hell of it because it's fun celebrating and it gets other people angry, seeing west thrives on being the most hated team out there 8) i don't think overconfidence has anything to do with it
Lopresti

Post by Lopresti »

Before we call anyone from Section 1 the "Real Deal", how about starting out by being a "Deal." For years, the state tournament hits a lull when a section 1 team plays. I'd love to see more "Real Deals" show up in March. Since 2000, section 1 has a record of 4 and 12 in round 1 being outscored 68-39. I know Century had the big upset last year but that's it in AA (1 and 7, 16g-35g. ) Class A is a little better (3 and 5, 23g-33g) Keep it up Mankato West and try bring the southern half of the state with you so people don't get a "free space" when filling out their tourney pools.
Last edited by Lopresti on Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goaler

west-al

Post by goaler »

Davey, I haven't seen AL since early in the season. But judging from their scores, I can sense that they are picking up the pace, and you know how miserable that place is to play in.

I'm going to wander by the Mankato arena Thursday to get another look at West playing a neutral opponent. It's hard to be objective when they are blowing out your team. I haven't seen Faribo yet, but judging from what I've heard, this should go well for West. But you just never know.

One thing I think we can say for sure about Tuesday, Jan. 8 in Albert Lea, I bet neither team has any trouble getting motivated for it.
davey

Re: west-al

Post by davey »

goaler wrote:Davey, I haven't seen AL since early in the season. But judging from their scores, I can sense that they are picking up the pace, and you know how miserable that place is to play in.

I'm going to wander by the Mankato arena Thursday to get another look at West playing a neutral opponent. It's hard to be objective when they are blowing out your team. I haven't seen Faribo yet, but judging from what I've heard, this should go well for West. But you just never know.

One thing I think we can say for sure about Tuesday, Jan. 8 in Albert Lea, I bet neither team has any trouble getting motivated for it.
Goaler, you are right about AL. Team is playing good based on the Kiwanis tourney and their barn is a tough place to play in. My guess though is that there will be a large student contingent from West that make th drive down to AL. Looking forward to an awesome game in what should be a packed house.
darkdemon

Post by darkdemon »

Looks like the Mankato West boys took one in the teeth last night against a team that has been there and done it. Good win for Albert Lea look forward to seeing you guys at state again this year. \:D/ This answers my questions about Mankato but you still have a chance come sections good luck. :wink:
The DEMON
CarGuy

Post by CarGuy »

i don't know what it is but I just have a hard time taking any hockey team, class A or AA south of the twin cities seriously....give me up north eddie shore old time hockey anyday.
southsidemafia

Post by southsidemafia »

[quote="CarGuy"]i don't know what it is but I just have a hard time taking any hockey team, class A or AA south of the twin cities seriously....give me up north eddie shore old time hockey anyday.[/quote]

Section 1a isn't a patsy anymore there is 5 or 6 quality teams in the section. After watching Denfeld and I-Falls in the kiwanas tourney, up north eddie shore old time hockey isn't any different than so. minn. hockey.
ap4mvp

Post by ap4mvp »

A 6th place finish at state does that mean they were "the real deal" :?
If you only knew the power of the dark side!
dherman8

Post by dherman8 »

West was good but its hard to say if they were the real deal. They finished sixth because of one win over Litchfield........I think more than a one goal loss to DM and a win over Litchfield has to be done to be taken seriously.
chiefofmedicine

Post by chiefofmedicine »

was not impressed with 14 i think he had 95 points or what ever. number 11 the kid who is going to Mankota next year is a hell of a lot better. 14 wasnt anything spectacular. average at best but super fast. thats about it. honestly kind of dissapointed in West, thought they'd be better
dherman8

Post by dherman8 »

Leiverman was awesome. When they got behind he was just looking for someone to hit and never left the ice.
SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit »

I thought West was going to be much better...I did not think Lieverman was all that great although he is going to MSU so they obviously see something.....and thought Litchfield was more fun to watch because of this speed....Lieverman looked like he just put on skates 2 years ago...it was different...
Catch me On YouTube @ FishOnLuke
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

If only you guys had seen him at the section final. His goal to clinch it was super pretty, he definitely stood out in that game.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
Zimmy

Post by Zimmy »

Regardless of wether you think West was the real deal or not, they made it to the state tourney and had a good showing against some of the best teams in the state.... This was huge for the Mankato Hockey program and the community of Mankato. 2 boys teams have made it to state from Mankato in the last 3 years and hopefully more as these programs continue to grow and get stronger. Congrats West on a great year and you definately have made Mankato proud as well as we alums that were with West through the very tough 1st years of the program.......GO SCARLETS!!!
darkdemon

Re: Mankato West the real deal?

Post by darkdemon »

darkdemon wrote:Is Mankato west the real deal, have they beat any good teams or are they just beniftting from a weak schedule?
Who are the good players on this team? :?: :-k
When this thread was started by the DEMON it was asking if they were the real deal in terms of winning a state championship. Which the answer is now no. I wasn't about if they could make it to state or not!
The DEMON
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

They beat some quality teams to get to state. I think 1A was a pretty deep section. They were the real deal. With the exception of LF, they were in every game they played.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

ttt
Dog_Log17

Post by Dog_Log17 »

Zimmy wrote:Regardless of wether you think West was the real deal or not, they made it to the state tourney and had a good showing against some of the best teams in the state.... This was huge for the Mankato Hockey program and the community of Mankato. 2 boys teams have made it to state from Mankato in the last 3 years and hopefully more as these programs continue to grow and get stronger. Congrats West on a great year and you definately have made Mankato proud as well as we alums that were with West through the very tough 1st years of the program.......GO SCARLETS!!!
I could'nt have said it better Zimmy. Amen to that. I had a blast following these kids this year. I did'nt see you at the Xcel? What happened to you?

"It's not worth winning if you can't win BIG!!"
slapnasty

Post by slapnasty »

2 boys teams have made it to state from Mankato in the last 3 years and hopefully more as these programs continue to grow and get stronger.
Ya since Mankato East has done so well these past 2 seasons.