Will Park Rapids lose before sections?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

HShockeywatcher

Will Park Rapids lose before sections?

Post by HShockeywatcher »

http://www.minnesota-scores.net/teamsch ... 109&tid=45
If they get on a role, with their schedule, there aren't any games you could circle that they should lose. Anyone seem them play?
schwang17

Re: Will Park Rapids lose before sections?

Post by schwang17 »

HShockeywatcher wrote:http://www.minnesota-scores.net/teamsch ... 109&tid=45
If they get on a role, with their schedule, there aren't any games you could circle that they should lose. Anyone seem them play?

Ahh this is gonna be good... :D ](*,)
Bash Brother

Post by Bash Brother »

Note to others. . . . stay away from this thread.
HShockeywatcher

Aside from your always being disrespectful to me without commenting on threads, why would that be?

They are a team with a light schedule who is winning games. There are teams out there with light schedules who aren't undefeated, so these guys must be all right. This is how Little Falls got their start a few years ago. I'm curious if they are an up and coming team like Little Falls was, or if they are a Morris/Benson of last year, where they aren't good and just play teams slightly worse.
Bash Brother

Post by Bash Brother »

I dont want other posters to fall into one of your threads. The innocent posters dont deserve that injustice.

As for my comment: Park rapids is not good. they play weak opponents and will not make noise come march. Hows that circletalker?
rams80

Post by rams80 »

They actually have a very nice team and should finish the regular season undefeated.
Bash Brother

Post by Bash Brother »

see look at what you have done, you have taken a perfectly nice new poster and sucked him into one of your threads. . . which will somehow end up about st. thomas.
stars612

Post by stars612 »

Bash Brother wrote:see look at what you have done, you have taken a perfectly nice new poster and sucked him into one of your threads. . . which will somehow end up about st. thomas.
:D :D :D
Third times a charm.
schwang17

Post by schwang17 »

Bash Brother wrote:see look at what you have done, you have taken a perfectly nice new poster and sucked him into one of your threads. . . which will somehow end up about st. thomas.
:D =D>
HShockeywatcher

I was going to take the high road and not post. But I'm confused. I started a thread about a team who's undefeated and was curious if anyone could give any info about them. rams80 did just that. After that, someone else brings up where I went to high school. The way I see it, it's his thread and attitude we're getting brought into...
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

HShockeywatcher wrote:I was going to take the high road and not post. But I'm confused. After that, someone else brings up where I went to high school.
1) you would get a nose bleed on the low road
2) not posting? A new year's resolution??? THANK YOU!
3) a confused state is the reality that you live and unfortunately share
4) high school?? really?? no really ???
5) a private high school ?? come on?? packerboy is so proud it's not CDH
hawkeyfan

Post by hawkeyfan »

Thief river isn't any slouch i just got done watching them play against hermantown and they are every bit as strong as east grand forks especially later in the year once because this is a young team
believe in the hockey gods...
STC18

Post by STC18 »

I think that the only team that is any good on their remaining schedule is TRF otherwise, this a slacker type of schedule and they won't make it to state or even the section finals. Mark my words boys.
Ben Dover plays BOTH ways.
HShockeywatcher

If Park Rapids wins out, or only loses to TRF, that would probably give them the #2 or #3 seed, possibly even #1 if they win out and do well in their game against TRF. With that, they could make a run at it. If they somehow pulled off the #1 seed, how would they do against a down Warroad team?
defense

Will Park Rapids lose???

Post by defense »

Yes. Theif River Falls, Crookston, Detroit Lakes, Lake of the Woods.....any of the above..............note: even if Park Rapids wins out, or only loses 1 or 2 games, it still does NOT at all mean they will get a top 3 seed, definitely not #1. Fact is even if they are good enough to win a section 8a tournement, wich they probably are not, no one in northern Minnesota is going to give them a top seed because they beet TRF, LOW, Crookston, or DL........and teams that all of those teams clean up on.....
However, good luck to the Park Rapids Panthers, it apears like 18-0 games are a thing of the past.
hockeyadvocate

Post by hockeyadvocate »

Hockeywatcher what is your basis for saying a "down Warroad team"? Please explain why you think that.
newsguy35

Re: Will Park Rapids lose???

Post by newsguy35 »

defense wrote:Yes. Theif River Falls, Crookston, Detroit Lakes, Lake of the Woods.....any of the above..............note: even if Park Rapids wins out, or only loses 1 or 2 games, it still does NOT at all mean they will get a top 3 seed, definitely not #1. Fact is even if they are good enough to win a section 8a tournement, wich they probably are not, no one in northern Minnesota is going to give them a top seed because they beet TRF, LOW, Crookston, or DL........and teams that all of those teams clean up on.....
However, good luck to the Park Rapids Panthers, it apears like 18-0 games are a thing of the past.
I agree with your comment about not getting the top seed but they will have a top 4 seed no matter what. They have beat up on teams, they won games they should have and it is not really their fault nobody will play them... Perhaps some other big name teams will play them next year after watching them dust up on some of the lower teams they have beaten.

They will have a top 4 seed, even if they lose 2 games this year (one would have to be to TRF).
HShockeywatcher

If they won out, wouldn't they be the #2 seed? That's beating a few teams in the section, aside from Warroad. If it's a vote, I suppose they wouldn't get it, but there'd really be no other choice for number two.

I'm not saying Warroad is bad, just down compared to the powerhouse they've been. They are #16, #16, #5 and #3 in Class A according to the 4 different rankings I know of.
newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 »

HShockeywatcher wrote:If they won out, wouldn't they be the #2 seed? That's beating a few teams in the section, aside from Warroad. If it's a vote, I suppose they wouldn't get it, but there'd really be no other choice for number two.

I'm not saying Warroad is bad, just down compared to the powerhouse they've been. They are #16, #16, #5 and #3 in Class A according to the 4 different rankings I know of.
PR has beat EGF, that alone is a thorn in the side for 1 of 3 teams they would hvae to beat out (Bemidji, EGF and TRF). They beat TRF and that would be 2 teams they would have to beat out. I understand they dont have much for a schedule but they are beating teams that they will be fighting for section placements. If they beat TRF they will have a definite #3 or higher. Head to head is a big deal and is the big ultimate deciding factor.
HShockeywatcher

No one remaining on their schedule is higher than them on PS2. Crookston and TRF they play both at home. Then Detroit Lakes is away. They should be 17-0 by the time they play TRF at home. The next week they play in Detroit Lakes. If they make it to 19-0 they should have the #2 seed locked up and a perfect season.

Unless Warroad completely falls off the horse, is a #1 seed possible with their schedule? How does 8A seed?
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

HShockeywatcher wrote:No one remaining on their schedule is higher than them on PS2. Crookston and TRF they play both at home. Then Detroit Lakes is away. They should be 17-0 by the time they play TRF at home. The next week they play in Detroit Lakes. If they make it to 19-0 they should have the #2 seed locked up and a perfect season.

Unless Warroad completely falls off the horse, is a #1 seed possible with their schedule? How does 8A seed?
And Hill-Murray should have beaten Tartan ... and White Bear should have stopped Park (Cottage Grove) ... Upsets do (and will) happen HShockeywatcher.
newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 »

HShockeywatcher wrote:No one remaining on their schedule is higher than them on PS2. Crookston and TRF they play both at home. Then Detroit Lakes is away. They should be 17-0 by the time they play TRF at home. The next week they play in Detroit Lakes. If they make it to 19-0 they should have the #2 seed locked up and a perfect season.

The coaches sit down and discuss seeds. PR will most likely not have a #1 seed unless Warroad falls off the map. The Warriors have such a tough strength of schedule that it is hard for anybody not to place them @ #1 if they have a decent record. As for EGF, Bemidji and TRF... they have to beat PR and EGF already lost to them. TRF, well you need the win to establish yourselves above PR.
defense

Park Rapids

Post by defense »

Although 19-0 would be an awesome record, lets not count our chickens before they hatch. They have to play at Detroit Lakes yet, and lets not go over the top on the win they have over them, also, Wadena killed Detroit lakes like 5-0, Park Rapids won was it 5-3 ????? just a thought.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

PR will not get one #1 vote, unless the new guys (coaches) at Walker and Bagley fall for their light schedule.

Warroad will vote EGF #1
Everyone else will or should vote Warroad #1.

PR will not get #1 seed.
If they do not lose they may get the #2 seed, but I don't think will.
#3 seed is what they will get and may deserve.
warriors07

Re: Park Rapids

Post by warriors07 »

defense wrote:Although 19-0 would be an awesome record, lets not count our chickens before they hatch. They have to play at Detroit Lakes yet, and lets not go over the top on the win they have over them, also, Wadena killed Detroit lakes like 5-0, Park Rapids won was it 5-3 ????? just a thought.
I hear ya...but keep in mind pr also beat wadena at wadena 8-2 and sat knapp and lehrke halfway thru the third period