Velocity Hockey Center Elite USHL Program

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Yakunin

Velocity Hockey Center Elite USHL Program

Post by Yakunin »

Has anybody heard how to get into the Velocity Hockey Center USHL pre-tryout program? I talked to a few ushl scouts who said it was an Elite prgram by invite only, and it was only having 20 players. I guess alot of the local NHL and college players train their in the summer and most of their summer programs where almost full and hard to get into.

Any info would be appreaciated.
Yakunin

USHL Training

Post by Yakunin »

The USHL Program is NOT invite only however they are targeting players who either have been drafted by a USHL team or are planning on attending a USHL Tryout camp in the summer.
Skill Guy

Velocity Training

Post by Skill Guy »

I do not know much about their USHL Program however my son plays in there 3 on 3 league and I think the facility is outstanding for hockey players.

They have a skating treadmill where you can shoot on live goalies and a great workout room. We have seen Ryan Malone, Peter Mueller and some of the Wild players working out there last summer.

Here is a link to their site: www.velocityhockeycenter.com
mnhockey36299

Post by mnhockey36299 »

I don't know anything about this program, but my HS son works out there every week. He thinks it is the best dryland training he has every had. They workout for the first hour, then do the treadmill and shooting drills on the treadmill for the second hour. Good workout, great trainers.
EdinaHockeyRules!

Post by EdinaHockeyRules! »

Both my kids worked out at velocity last summer and their training facility is outstanding. They really understand both the on and off aspect of hockey training. Best dryland training area I have seen.
Yakunin

USHL Camp @ Velocity

Post by Yakunin »

Here is the link to the USHL Program at the Velocity Hockey Center.

http://velocityhockeycenter.com/08-elite.html
wingmaster

Post by wingmaster »

sounds like a promo to me :-$